Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Living Learning
 4Real Forums : Living Learning
Subject Topic: laminating Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
sunny
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 29 2009 at 9:30pm | IP Logged Quote sunny

So often laminating something is discussed or recommended, but I dont know where/how. I checked out Kinkos and it seemed expensive.
Back to Top View sunny's Profile Search for other posts by sunny

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 29 2009 at 10:32pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

A lot of us own our own laminators of various sorts. They are fairly inexpensive and really save you money if you do a lot of laminating.Mine is a GBC Heatseal 210, but the Xyron brand seems to be the most popular one. If you hunt through the archives you should find some reviews.

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

Mimip
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 30 2009 at 11:15am | IP Logged Quote Mimip

Sunny,

I do all my laminating at the local school supply store. The people that work there may know how to lay things out better than a Kinkos or a Office Max and sometimes the prices are better.

I cut out and try to group my stuff so that I can take one trip a week to get things laminated but I am in a big city so I'm by that store quite often. If you had to go far then maybe investing in one is a better choice

Good Luck

Back to Top View Mimip's Profile Search for other posts by Mimip

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: May 30 2009 at 11:38am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Two other threads that may help:

Can we talk about laminators?

how do you laminate paper?

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

krystab
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: May 30 2009 at 11:42am | IP Logged Quote krystab

I do it at home. The cheapest place to buy the laminating sheets is Sam's. Way, way cheaper. For a long time I used my iron to laminate. I just put the laminate between two pieces of paper and ironed on top of the paper. It was not the easiest, but it worked when I couldn't justify spending $30 on a laminator. They usually have them at wal-mart for about that.
Luckily, my Mom just got me a really good laminator for free! She worked for Bank of America in the private bank division (the weathly peoples bank of america) and they closed down the whole division. She got the laminator and a bunch of other stuff for free! I have gotten lots of my office supplies from businesses for free or next to nothing. And they are always much better quality than what I would of purchased.

Back to Top View krystab's Profile Search for other posts by krystab Visit krystab's Homepage

dawn2006
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 03 2009 at 8:47am | IP Logged Quote dawn2006

You can also do a fair job of laminating by using clear contact paper from Wal Mart.

Marcia
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 05 2009 at 8:45am | IP Logged Quote Marcia

also clear positioning paper through Discount School Supply has worked good for us for oversized projects. Most commmunity colleges have a "child-study" workshop that does laminating for preschools/daycares in home for a discounted price. I use our local community college for oversized projects.
Back to Top View Marcia's Profile Search for other posts by Marcia

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version