Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Living Learning (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Living Learning
Subject Topic: Graduation Gift for Boy? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
glinNC
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 04 2007 at 8:21am | IP Logged Quote glinNC

For those of you who have graduated your first (or more) from home school, what have you given him/her as a graduation gift? I would like to get him a religious medal but cannot decide which one. Any ideas and suggestions would be appreciated!
Back to Top View glinNC's Profile Search for other posts by glinNC

Waverley
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 04 2007 at 12:57pm | IP Logged Quote Waverley

How about an embosser. We usually order one shaped like a circle. Along the edge we have printed "From the Library of ____________" Then in the middle of the circle, you can usually select from one of many symbols, a cross or a book are usually one of the choices. We give these out a lot and all the graduates enjoy them. They can label books, CD jewel case inserts, or any other papers. We usually spend around $30 for one.

Good luck, I can't wait to hear the other suggestions.

Waverley
Back to Top View Waverley's Profile Search for other posts by Waverley

TracyQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 08 2007 at 3:07pm | IP Logged Quote TracyQ

That's a neat gift, Waverly! We have a senior who's a boy graduating in June, and are already planning to buy him a laptop for his Graduation/Birthday gift (which is in August) because he'll really need one, and has been saving so hard for a car/insurance/college since last year.

Here are some ideas I can think of off the bat:

* a watch, as they're going to have to really be on the clock with classes in college, etc.

* a gas card (if they have their own car)

* a gift card to his favorite coffee shop or fast food place (as he's going to be on the go next year)

* a nice alarm clock

A religious medal............hmmm...St. Augustine, St. Francis, and St. Paul come to mind...all men who had difficulty, but came to love God with all their hearts, and worked hard for Him after giving their hearts to Him. Of course, many saints fit that mold, don't they?

I'm sure there are more thoughts, but I can't think of more right now. If I do, I'll come back........

homeschooling in 15th year in Buffalo, NY
Back to Top View TracyQ's Profile Search for other posts by TracyQ

hereinantwerp
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 11 2007 at 9:35pm | IP Logged Quote hereinantwerp

My parents gave me a suitcase (hint, hint . . .), LOL. I wouldn't recommend that one!

I had a friend who bought their son a special souvenir from the locale of a special trip they had taken as a family which had meant a lot to him (does that make sense?). I thought that was neat.

A Leather bound Bible with his initials engraved is another idea. Things like if he's mechanically minded a good set of tools, or artistically, a good set of paintbrushes or paints, for example.

Mother to Simon (13), Calvin (9), and Lyddie Rose (3)

my blog: live and learn
Back to Top View hereinantwerp's Profile Search for other posts by hereinantwerp Visit hereinantwerp's Homepage

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version