Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Living Learning
 4Real Forums : Living Learning
Subject Topic: Help - Printer Recommendation Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Oct 31 2007 at 8:51am | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

I desperately need a new printer as my little inkjet is guzzling ink at an alarming and expensive rate. The printer was cheap but the cartridges are working out too costly. I need to be able to print both color and black and white. I may need to get a more expensive printer which works out cheaper in the long run. Please would you share if you have a printer that you are happy with - not sure whether to go with inkjet/deskjet/laser?

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

Jess
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Oct 31 2007 at 4:24pm | IP Logged Quote Jess

I need this too, my printer still prints but refuses to pull the paper down to print on

wife to dh('96)
mama to dd(13), dd(11), ds(9), dd(6), and dd (2), and baby girl born Sept 14!
star cottage

Back to Top View Jess's Profile Search for other posts by Jess

MarieC
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 31 2007 at 7:46pm | IP Logged Quote MarieC

We've liked our HP's. Our Brother printer used tons of ink and if even one color was out you couldn;t print anything.

FWIW, we've really liked having a printer/copier fax combo.

Out in the Orchard
Back to Top View MarieC's Profile Search for other posts by MarieC

Anne
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Oct 31 2007 at 10:11pm | IP Logged Quote Anne

We opted for the B/W laser printer and only print the color ones we must have on the lexmark brand printer. The refills are easy to find and not too expensive. The laser printer we purchased is supposed to print up to 2000 regular copies. I am finding the ecno copies to be wonderful and feel we will extend greatly the # of prints.
HP Laser Jet 1020 for B/W copies
Lexmark all in one scanner fax copy print
Hope this helps

Back to Top View Anne's Profile Search for other posts by Anne

insegnante
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 01 2007 at 8:01pm | IP Logged Quote insegnante

What kind of cartridges do you use? My husband might be able to give you some he has that don't work with his printers (for free.)

My tech guy husband recommends a good multifunction black and white laser printer and just using the color inkjet when it's necessary. If everything you print needs a color printer, he thinks color laser printers are really expensive and won't pay for themselves very soon, but he recommends http://www.tigerdirect.com if you want a good deal including factory refurbished items, closeouts, etc. (He doesn't get anything from the company for recommending it    )

Feel free to e-mail or PM me with specifics about what you're looking for and what you use your printers for and he might be able to give you a more specific recommendation.

Theresa
Back to Top View insegnante's Profile Search for other posts by insegnante

ozlouise
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Nov 02 2007 at 1:09am | IP Logged Quote ozlouise

We do the same. B/W multifunction laser and a colour inkjet (I'm going to upgrade this to a laser in the next year too). We went with Kyocera for the MFC because of the research my brother did into running costs - I let him do the legwork!
Back to Top View ozlouise's Profile Search for other posts by ozlouise

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 02 2007 at 1:56pm | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

insegnante wrote:
What kind of cartridges do you use? My husband might be able to give you some he has that don't work with his printers (for free.)

My tech guy husband recommends a good multifunction black and white laser printer and just using the color inkjet when it's necessary. If everything you print needs a color printer, he thinks color laser printers are really expensive and won't pay for themselves very soon, but he recommends http://www.tigerdirect.com if you want a good deal including factory refurbished items, closeouts, etc. (He doesn't get anything from the company for recommending it    )

Feel free to e-mail or PM me with specifics about what you're looking for and what you use your printers for and he might be able to give you a more specific recommendation.

Theresa

thanks for all the info Theresa. Thanks to your dh too. I will email you once I discuss what we need with dh.

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version