Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Hidden Treasure
 4Real Forums : Hidden Treasure
Subject Topic: Miraculous Medal Mobile Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 27 2007 at 6:44am | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

I wanted to share a mobile we created a few days ago, it has been in the works (my brain that is...) for a while and finally it has come to fruition.

I really wanted to find a tangible way to remind us to 'pray constantly' to Our Blessed Mother for those we love and have promised to pray for.

I have great devotion to the Miraculous Medal and the words, "Oh Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee." they are such easy words for children to recite as well - and powerful!

Sometimes it's easy for me to get confused with so many prayer intentions, my brain seems to get muddled so quickly, often I find myself saying, "Praying for all those I have promised to pray for - you know who they are!!"

So I felt that a mobile would be a reminder to say that prayer every time we look at it which is obviously going to many times in the day(children and dh too) and also a physical place to place the intentions, so I can't really forget or get too muddled...

Here is Part One of the making of the mobile

Part Two of the making of the mobile

The finished Mobile!

I think the good thing about this project is that it can be as hard or simple in the making as you would like... for eg: use a picture of Our Lady rather than material..

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

BrendaPeter
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 27 2007 at 2:46pm | IP Logged Quote BrendaPeter

Stunning!!

Brenda (mom to 6)
Back to Top View BrendaPeter's Profile Search for other posts by BrendaPeter

PDyer
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 27 2007 at 4:10pm | IP Logged Quote PDyer

What a beautiful project! I'm going to stash that idea in my file for future use with my daughter. Thank you so much for sharing.

Back to Top View PDyer's Profile Search for other posts by PDyer Visit PDyer's Homepage

Ruth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 27 2007 at 5:12pm | IP Logged Quote Ruth

Beautiful!!! I love it!

mom to 7 miracles

My family blog

Loreto Rosaries
Back to Top View Ruth's Profile Search for other posts by Ruth Visit Ruth's Homepage

Tami
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 27 2007 at 5:18pm | IP Logged Quote Tami

Annie, I went to your site. This is absolutely exquisite. What a gifted artist you are!

Back to Top View Tami's Profile Search for other posts by Tami

MaryMary
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 27 2007 at 10:28pm | IP Logged Quote MaryMary

Anne, I am speechless.
What an incredible idea! What remarkable talent!
What a breathtaking work of love for our Lady!

I was just thinking what a privilege it would be to have one's name physically pinned to the showers of grace that emanate from Our Lady's fingertips.

The idea just gives me goosebumps!

Well done!!!

Back to Top View MaryMary's Profile Search for other posts by MaryMary

mariB
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 28 2007 at 5:27am | IP Logged Quote mariB

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! I am going to read Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal to our children this week! You are always an inspiration to us all, Annie!

Back to Top View mariB's Profile Search for other posts by mariB Visit mariB's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: May 28 2007 at 8:21pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

I love this idea! I'm going to print out your instructions tomorrow so that I can start gathering materials. Thank you so much for letting us in on this awesome holy reminder. I too have great devotion to the Miraculous Medal prayer - because it is so easy to remember!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Zeliemum
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 02 2007 at 6:43am | IP Logged Quote Zeliemum

Wow Anne,

I feel very sorry for my children as I am so drastically artistically challenged.

I would love to try something like this. It is so lovely and shows such devotion to Our Heavenly Mother her blue is unmistakable. It draws you to her.

It’s gorgeous
Love
C

Marybeth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 13 2007 at 12:01pm | IP Logged Quote Marybeth

Breathtaking! What a beautiful beautiful project to honor Our Holy Mother with in your home. Thank you for sharing.

Mb

snowbabiesmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 19 2007 at 3:54pm | IP Logged Quote snowbabiesmom

I love it! What a beautiful gift for Our Lady and your family!
AMDG+
Emily

Nico'13;Zelie Oct'14, *Mary Joseph Jan'16
God's Canvas
Back to Top View snowbabiesmom's Profile Search for other posts by snowbabiesmom Visit snowbabiesmom's Homepage

CatholicMommy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 29 2010 at 6:27pm | IP Logged Quote CatholicMommy

I can't figure out why this post suddenly popped up in my recent threads page, with the last response being 2007... I read it a long time ago... but I've been thinking about it lately, so it is very strange!

I think we're going to do this one this year for the Feast of the Immaculate Conception! It will be so lovely to have Mary above our prayer table like this!

Back to Top View CatholicMommy's Profile Search for other posts by CatholicMommy Visit CatholicMommy's Homepage

Mimip
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 29 2010 at 6:55pm | IP Logged Quote Mimip

You know this project has a very special place in my heart as it's the VERY first "4real project" I ever tried!

I remember reading Anne's post and thinking "this lady is amazing" (which I am sure she really is) and that this was a group of ladies that I would love to get to know.   That one project opened up a world of celebrating the Liturgical year and honoring Our Lady as our home school had never known.

Thanks Anne!

Back to Top View Mimip's Profile Search for other posts by Mimip

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Nov 29 2010 at 7:30pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

CatholicMommy wrote:
I can't figure out why this post suddenly popped up in my recent threads page, with the last response being 2007... I read it a long time ago... but I've been thinking about it lately, so it is very strange!

Sorry, I know it is weird...and I know what happened. Jenn posted a message in this thread earlier today. I figured she had really meant to post it to Maryan's thread (Miraculous Medal feast?) since it was a response to Maryan, but I had linked this old thread in that thread and Jenn had followed the links. So I moved the post. But when a post is moved from one thread to another it doesn't activate the thread it is moved to. But since it had earlier activated this Miraculous Medal mobile thread, it continued to show itself as active to anyone who logged in after that even thought here wasn't a new post. It's a weird glitch in the 4 Real system.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 29 2010 at 7:32pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Oh, thanks for cleaning up my mess, Mary. I don't know how I got that mixed up. But I'm glad you shared your experience, Mimi! It was worth the mistake!

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 29 2010 at 9:10pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Hi Mimi, I'm glad you enjoyed this project!

I STILL remember when we created ours and it still hangs in our lounge with our special intentions. It is one craft that was truly a special piece to our home that was permanent and lasting, so I'm glad we built it to last the way we did..

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version