Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Living Learning (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Living Learning
Subject Topic: Curriculum Returning and Refunding Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
KellyJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 27 2006 at 7:03am | IP Logged Quote KellyJ

Karen T wrote:
The Middle school, Cath. Garden of Puzzles and AYWG all have copyright privileges for the immediate family included in the base price, according to the catalog and my copies of each. Those higher prices are for groups, like a co-op. I don't know about the others listed.
Karen

Thanks Karen. From what I've known, the lesson plans are single use only, unless you're not writing in them. Copying them is not an option with CHC, which is why I think a family would need the group copyright if it wanted to make copies of the plans.

KellyJ
Back to Top View KellyJ's Profile Search for other posts by KellyJ

time4tea
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Aug 01 2006 at 3:53pm | IP Logged Quote time4tea

Our budget is so tight this year that I can barely afford to buy ANY books for our homeschool. I have gone through the CHC catalog so many times, I think the next time I open it, it will probably crumble in my hands, but I am so afraid of purchasing something that turns out to be un-usable for us. Sometimes you can sell the book on a swap board, and other times you can't, but usually, you will take a pretty big loss on it. The one problem I have noted as far as buying CHC material is concerned is that they don't always offer "sample pages" on their website. I would love to see some actual, representative sample pages of HSOYD, for example. At other times, the sample pages shown are of one book at one level (like the Catholic Spellers or Lang. of God), but you are needing to see sample pages from a different level. Finally, while I think it's great to ask around to other h'sers to garner positive (or even negative) reviews of different curricula, it doesn't neccesarily follow that just because one family loves the curricula that it will be a great fit for the child for whom I am making the purchase. One last thought - I think it's very important to give honest, constructive feedback on books and materials. I do not see this as bashing. Not everyone can get to homeschool conferences (I've never been to a single one) to see the materials "up-close". I think all of us struggle from time to time with finances and budgetary concerns, and I have to say that for me, it helps immensely when someone discusses not only the high points, but also the not-so-high points of the different materials out there. It really does help, I think.

~Tea
Back to Top View time4tea's Profile Search for other posts by time4tea

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

<< Prev Page of 5
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version