Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Planning and Ordering our Days
 4Real Forums : Planning and Ordering our Days
Subject Topic: copier & printer Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
AmandaV
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 29 2012 at 9:53pm | IP Logged Quote AmandaV

We ordered the Epson Workforce 845 this weekend - should be here tomorrow or Thursday! I'm so excited! We were looking to get a b/w laser as well for all our black and white printing, but the options had us all befuddled, so we are going to wait a while on that one. How many of you have bit the bullet and gotten a laser for b/w printing?

wife since 6/03, Mom to son 7/04, daughter 2/06, twin sons 6/08 and son 7/11, son 1/2014
Back to Top View AmandaV's Profile Search for other posts by AmandaV

AmandaV
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 01 2012 at 5:22pm | IP Logged Quote AmandaV

Okay, quick question for those of you who have the Epson 840/845- I assume they are fairly similar. Oh, and I tried AirPrint and it works! Not sure how much I'll use that feature but I can see it being really helpful, say, for a recipe or something. So my question is, I always used the "fast draft, black and white" setting on my HP for everyday printing - math pages, etc. I don't see something like that on the Epson printer options when they come up. I can't take the ink below "normal". I want to conserve my ink as much as possible for everyday jobs. It is also slower than i would have thought so I'd like to see if draft printing would help that. Any thoughts, Jen or Pilgrim? I am printing my husband's prayer booklets from breviary for the morning. Usually they are a total headache with manually double sided booklet printing so this is a breeze, but it is taking so long, per booklet... Thanks in advance!!

wife since 6/03, Mom to son 7/04, daughter 2/06, twin sons 6/08 and son 7/11, son 1/2014

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: June 01 2012 at 10:57pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Amanda,
I can change all of that from the little window that pops up when I print something. There are a few different drop down menus available, and under *Print Settings* I can choose the cassette options (I keep cassette 2 loaded with scratch paper and choose that cassette when I'm printing something in draft) and print quality to *Fast Economy*, which is the same as draft. Then, I choose grayscale (for b/w printing). After that, I go up to *Presets* and choose *Save As*....I named mine "B/W draft-cassette 2". Once I have it saved as a preset, anytime I print, I just choose that option from my presets menu if I want to print in draft.

Hope that helps, Amanda.

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

AmandaV
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 02 2012 at 4:13pm | IP Logged Quote AmandaV

Thanks, Jen. Maybe its my computer settings, but I'm not able to change the quality or the feed from location. Looking through Epson site.

Love the printer, though. The quality is great!

Pilgrim
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 02 2012 at 5:41pm | IP Logged Quote Pilgrim

On our computer, when we hit Print, then select "Properties" there is a drop down menu next to "Quality" where we can select anywhere from Fast Economy, all the way through Quality, with 3 other options in between. HTH

St. Clare Heirloom Seeds coupon 4Real 20% off

St. Clare Audio
Back to Top View Pilgrim's Profile Search for other posts by Pilgrim Visit Pilgrim's Homepage

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 30 2013 at 9:56pm | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

Bumping this thread and hoping for some some guidance...

My beloved wireless Pixma 860 started dying in March - got the dreaded B200 Canon error. (just past 2 years old) I tried all sorts of online advice and got it going again until today - now the B200 will not go away.

I have been researching and researching and feel rather flummoxed... I would love advice on printers...

1. A printer for me - I mainly print and copy and a black and white laser may be an option and a better one for me. Wireless and bonus. Scanner I use a few times a year. Fax is a help but it may be better to just get a small personal fax separately. The cost of ink is a consideration - my Canon was very expensive on ink. I don't want a really huge machine either as space is limited. Any suggestions?

2. My oldest is off to college and just needs a simple printer for her papers. Black and white is good. But it seems impossible to find just a simple black and white printer for college students? Any recommendations?

Thank you for any help.

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

herdingkittens
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 9:44pm | IP Logged Quote herdingkittens

Watching this with interest..... We have a Lexmark that we purchased because the ink was inexpensive and OF COURSE they jack up the prices after a while and then change the software so the printer stops working on refilled cartridges...

Something to look out for, though, that the printer company is not in the habit of making machines that run on inexpensive carts and then up the price a few months later....

motherheart
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 9:54pm | IP Logged Quote motherheart

We have a HP laser jetP1102w that I bought for $99 with a toner cartrige included. I like it a lot. When the printing gets spotty sometimes, I take out the toner cartridge, shake it up, then put it back in. I keep doing this until it dies! The HP cartridges are around $80 if my memory serves me corectly. The last one we had lasted 2 years. I print pages weekly for school and home use. We couldn't afford the HP toner this time around. I found another brand for less than $14 through Amazon. I'm on week 2 of using it and so far, so good.

Mom to ds 16, dd 14, dd 13, ds 9, ds 6, and 4 in Heaven
Back to Top View motherheart's Profile Search for other posts by motherheart

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version