Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Discpline for attitude Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Leonie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 05 2006 at 6:56pm | IP Logged Quote Leonie

Amy, I can't really offer any words of wisdom - some wise ladies have written great posts already.

But I *do think that modelling behaviour is important and I also think that having a strong sense of self is important.

I feel strong enough to remind dc of rudeness or poor attitude. I just think it is intolerable and I say so. I probably talk my kids to death but it sinks in.

About five years ago, we had a reminder poster on the refrigerator - RAH.

I stole this idea from one book or another.

I first explained what RAH means - Right Way, Happy Way, All the Way.

RAH was a reminder of how we should approach things. Of what our attitudes should be. I say "our" simply becuae it applied to dh and I, too.

amyable
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 11 2006 at 3:14pm | IP Logged Quote amyable

I'm sorry I haven't been able to reply to everyone sooner - I've been reading and digesting everything everyone has said! There are many gems here - and one of the reasons I've been more scarce was I was taking your advice and trying to be more present to the kids. With our busy last few weeks (First Communions, first birthdays, etc) that has meant less computer time. I'm hoping to work out a better schedule where we can ALL get our needs met. I'm in need of a seriouspegs overhaul!

Thank you again everyone. I wish I had more time today to reply to each and every one of you! What I wouldn't do to have you all in my living room.

Back to Top View amyable's Profile Search for other posts by amyable

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version