Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Planning and Ordering our Days
 4Real Forums : Planning and Ordering our Days
Subject Topic: Clipboard Spin-Off Thread Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Mary Fifer
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Feb 14 2011 at 9:04am | IP Logged Quote Mary Fifer

Vanessa, you did such a beautiful job with your clipboards! The corners are all round and the edges square. I love the idea of tying the pen to the clipboard.

I need to go find the clipboard thread from which this is a spinoff.

I've used the box sort of clipboards (for about $6-7) for years. I keep the little ones' catechism, phonogram chart, and Math tables are in there for handy review. This way my PDFs and their work do not get so torn and wrinkled. (We learned to copy the Math tables onto card stock.)

When we are reading, I keep the clipboard in my lap and write down the words on which they stumble for them to copy three times before they re-read the selection again. This has been an awesome relief from pressure on me to have them read better and it motivates them to try harder since they'll have less to write!

I generally keep these stood next to my place on the couch for easy reach, yet now that our youngest is 7 we don't have so much trouble with Mom being unable to get away from nursing or holding baby.

When we put a little pillow in our lap we have an instant lap desk especially since the pentel (God bless the inventor of cheap working mechanical pencils) and erasers fit inside with the review charts and their current work.

We hole punch extra worksheets to put in binders, but most of that work is done at the table for better handwriting...

I'm searching the forum for clipboard and hope to find it. These clipboard boxes have been a dream!

Saint Anne's Helper for Catechism Class

Back to Top View Mary Fifer's Profile Search for other posts by Mary Fifer Visit Mary Fifer's Homepage

VanessaVH
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 14 2011 at 9:42am | IP Logged Quote VanessaVH

Mom's Toolbox

This is the thread the topic spun off; Mom's Toolbox. It is still on the first page.

Thanks for the compliment! I just made 8 more to give as birthday gifts this week. I relaxed the paper with water, a bit trickier at first, but a lot smoother result. I must have been using much thinner paper, because I only needed to quick dip the paper, any longer and the paper started to fall apart....

Becky Parker
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 14 2011 at 10:13am | IP Logged Quote Becky Parker

I wonder if it would be possible to be-utify this box sort of clipboard? I see where they would be useful. The only ones like this at our local Staples are kind of an unnattractive gray-blue, so I passed them by.

Back to Top View Becky Parker's Profile Search for other posts by Becky Parker

Mary Fifer
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 14 2011 at 12:03pm | IP Logged Quote Mary Fifer

Thanks Vanessa.

I went to another one that was 4 pages and had to quit for school. They are writing and setting the table for lunch right now.

The compliments are well deserved - especially when you consider the time necessary to make the projects. The gift idea is a great idea, too.

I'll bet it would be tricky because the ones I have are the sort of flexible plastic that does not seem to accept adhesive well. Years ago we had the plastic boards that break when stepped upon which would accept adhesives. Slowly we have replaced them with the boxes since they store so much - the ribbon tie is still a great idea - for the pentel and the eraser!

:-)

Saint Anne's Helper for Catechism Class

Back to Top View Mary Fifer's Profile Search for other posts by Mary Fifer Visit Mary Fifer's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version