Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Planning and Ordering our Days
 4Real Forums : Planning and Ordering our Days
Subject Topic: Tracking Your Family's Schedules (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Poll Question: How do you keep track of your family's schedules?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
24 [33.80%]
15 [21.13%]
5 [7.04%]
6 [8.45%]
15 [21.13%]
2 [2.82%]
2 [2.82%]
2 [2.82%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
drmommy
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Oct 21 2010 at 12:29pm | IP Logged  

I use a small planner book that fit into my "barn bag" that I use as a purse (barn bag from Ariat). I use stickers and different colored pens for different things (blue for medical appointments, and pink for liturgical/saints/prayer requests), and use the highlighter for other important info. I cram it all into the spaces given (it is a page a week format). The planner also has blank pages in the back that I use for encouragement quotes, Bible verses I like, and my general schedule for homeschooling. Also, I take out two pages for phone numbers that are not in my Blackberry (I am not as functional with electronic devices!). I am kind of neurotic in the fact I do not like rings or spirals, so the planner I have is in book form, but it also lays flat. I am lost without it. Oh, and I use post its a lot in there. I use the 5x8 post its for things I need/want or my general to do list. I rely on these because I can move them around, etc. It is a pretty full and crammed notebook, but it works for me. If I have any big 8x11 papers to deal with, I fold them in half and put them in the back, until they need to be dealt with at a later date..or to file at home.

This planner works well for me dealing with the home and work schedule, and all the doctor appointments with my special needs child and father. I have bought bigger planners, which I really need, but they are less portable. This one fits in my purse nicely and goes to work and to appointments and functions with me, so it is always available to write things down. My children know, "if it is not written down, it's not happenin'!".

Bridget
Back to Top View drmommy's Profile Search for other posts by drmommy

allegiance_mom
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Oct 21 2010 at 4:07pm | IP Logged  

Just to clarify, I use an iPhone synced to Google calendar on my desktop computer. I couldn't choose both answers in the survey. I use both interchangeably.

Wife 17 years
Mom to two boys, 14 and 8, and one pre-born babe in Heaven (Jan 2010)
Back to Top View allegiance_mom's Profile Search for other posts by allegiance_mom Visit allegiance_mom's Homepage

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 21 2010 at 4:09pm | IP Logged  

Allegiance Mom,

to select more than one answer.. you select one and click vote and then you select the next answer and click vote etc. So you can vote for as many as you'd like.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

St. Ann
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 22 2010 at 5:04am | IP Logged  

I also use Michele's small planner for our family. Last year I tried to do double, adding a family wall calendar and trying to write in all the appointments on both. It just didn't work for me. The new wall calendar Michele is working on now is still very interesting to me for other reasons. I wouldn't use it to mark our daily or weekly appointments. My intentions are quite different with this new wall calendar. I can't wait!

Michele's Wall Calendar

Wife and mother to Hannah '96, Maria '99, Dorothea '01, Helena '03
Back to Top View St. Ann's Profile Search for other posts by St. Ann Visit St. Ann's Homepage

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This topic is closed.

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version