Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
High School Years and Beyond
 4Real Forums : High School Years and Beyond
Subject Topic: Traditional HS High School Programs Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Cathmomof8
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Feb 20 2007 at 12:50pm | IP Logged Quote Cathmomof8

I wanted to add that I'm sure that w/ MODG, your consultant can make a huge difference. They do try to matchup people well and in my case it is a perfect fit. I love my consultant and I feel free to call her anytime. The 3 consultations are a MINIMUM for the year. She has helped me in countless ways, sometimes just being a sympathetic ear. And I could always count on her to tell me to drop something that wasn't working, adapt something, change it, etc.

MODG has had some growing pains over the years but I think they have 'cuaght up' in many ways in their management of the whole program.

Theresia
Back to Top View Cathmomof8's Profile Search for other posts by Cathmomof8

Bookswithtea
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 20 2007 at 2:16pm | IP Logged Quote Bookswithtea

BrendaPeter wrote:
Thanks for resurrecting this Books! It's very interesting reading the old posts - especially when I keep thinking "did I write that?"!! Funny how time changes things.

Isn't it? I had the same thought!

[QUOTE=BrendaPeter] I'm thinking we'll go with NAHRS to pull it all together as I imagine there'll be a few community college courses thrown in there as well.
QUOTE]

We've made the same decision! Each time I make a decision and get some peace about it, its such a relief. I am really happy that I can pick and choose materials for each subject and still get a legitimate diploma. They are offering an amazing sale on pre-registration for new families, btw...You might want to check their web site for the details.

~Books

mothering ds'93 dd'97 dd'99 dd'02 ds'05 ds'07 and due 9/10
Back to Top View Bookswithtea's Profile Search for other posts by Bookswithtea

Bookswithtea
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 20 2007 at 2:19pm | IP Logged Quote Bookswithtea

Cathmomof8 wrote:
I really like the 9th gr science. The student reads about a topic one day and fills i a worksheet (not if you don't want them to though) and then writes a 3/4 page essay on that topic -narration, yes? and does a diagram to go with it. There are 2 essays a week usually. I think this class has really brought out a lot of skills in my boys, and has been more painful for one than the other. ;)
Theresia

I'm so glad to hear you say this! I've decided on MODG's syllabi for science, but haven't decided which one I'm going to use yet. I don't want to use textbooks for science, and I like that these are summary and project based, with real books, rather than test based. Have you used the biology course yet? I'd love to hear a review!

~Books

Natalia
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 20 2007 at 4:54pm | IP Logged Quote Natalia

What is NAHRS ?

Natalia
Back to Top View Natalia's Profile Search for other posts by Natalia

Bookswithtea
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 20 2007 at 6:36pm | IP Logged Quote Bookswithtea

Natalia wrote:
What is NAHRS ?

Natalia

http://www.narhs.org/

Its an affordable cover school with an accredited transcript from Maine.

~Books

Tifflynene
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: July 29 2007 at 11:21am | IP Logged Quote Tifflynene

Just a big thank you to all who have shared their thoughts about highschool curriculum and homeschooling through it all. I've gained so much by reading your posts.

It was also nice to hear from Janet who has traveled the road with her dd. Thank you for sharing.

Natalia, what did you decide?

It's also helpful to hear about what conclusions people have come to, after much discernment. Please don't forget to share that part!

God Bless you all.

Mother to 5 living blessings!
ds (age 13); ds (age 8); dd (age 4); ds (age 3); and baby on the way
Back to Top View Tifflynene's Profile Search for other posts by Tifflynene

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 29 2007 at 4:22pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

Wow
I have just been re-reading these threads, takes me back. So interesting to read all of our journey's starting two years ago.

Brenda,
You've done a real turn around from not using anything, nor wanting to, to using Seton.

I checked out the WriteGuide link, it sounded wonderful, however the price was a stagger

Natalia
I'd love to know also what you decided.

How is everyone else going with their choices?

Janet,
Wow what a journey you have travelled, and so much knowledge. Thank you so much for sharing. I was interested to read your descritption on how Kolbe have you the literature analysis and history direction you wanted. I know you have since used RC History how do you feel it compares to the Kolbe history? Btw are there samples on RC's site of pages? I can't find any.

So where am I since we all shared? Still not using any set program but starting to think some direction in literature and history would be helpful. So re-reading these threads.

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 3
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version