Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Living Learning
 4Real Forums : Living Learning
Subject Topic: Homeschool Conventions...Do You Go? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 28 2008 at 7:10am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Jenny -- that is a great idea! That would save an awful lot on gas too ... and I especially like the point about:
JennyMaine wrote:

won't be tempted to purchase things I don't really need as far as curriculum and books.

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

donnalynn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 28 2008 at 7:28am | IP Logged Quote donnalynn

JennyMaine wrote:
I've been to small local events only. Here in Maine, that means they're quite small!   

Since I simply can't afford to attend a larger convention, such as IHM, I decided this year to just treat myself to some conference tapes. I ordered the 2005-2007 MP3s of IHM, and after this year's conference I will order those as well.

I think this is a good thing for me -- I'll be getting support that I can listen to again and again, and won't be tempted to purchase things I don't really need as far as curriculum and books.

Just this morning I printed out the CD order forms for the more local NJ conference (which was still over 2 hours away for me!) and the IHM conference from last year. I was thinking about starting a separate thread on "If you can't get to a conference..." to brain storm some ideas for your own "in house" conference.

I already have the recordings from the 4 Reallearning Conference - I would recommend those too.

We're out today for a Botany Class and Choir but I'm getting excited about putting together a special day - my dh is a teacher and he always teases me about needing to renegotiate my contract for more inservice days!   
HA!

acystay
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 17 2008 at 11:12am | IP Logged Quote acystay

LisaD wrote:
Mamamoon wrote:
this sounds like so much fun, wish i could go~anyone know of any good conferences in the west?

lisa

I'm planning on going to SCCHE this year. I don't know what part of CA you're in, but if you're anywhere near this, it would be great to say hi! I'm really looking forward to hearing Laura Berquist and Mary Kay Clark.

Mamamoon CHN is a pretty good one. I do go that one. It is in Ontario, CA. I like the family centernessed to the whole thing. We actually taking our German Exchange students there this year. It will be interesting for them b/c h/s is illegal there! Also, the knitting sessions, cannot wait to do those! Jim Weiss is also there to do teen talks on story telling and family story times. My daughter last year loved just going to one of the sessions alone and listening to the stories. It fairly secure in that kids are in a certain area and must be checked in and out. Also, they post 2 people by the main doors checking people going in and little ones alone that may escape.

To LisaD, I have missed SCCHE every year since I started hsing b/c we are always gone! I wonder if I know you??? just wondering b/c it seems funny when I find people on-line and IRL and never knew it! Do you live in the IE?

Back to Top View acystay's Profile Search for other posts by acystay

Cheryl
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 17 2008 at 12:12pm | IP Logged Quote Cheryl

I've never been to one. The FCL one is corresponding with my due date too. And during last year's 4real conference I was waiting for my miscarriage to happen.

Next year I'm definitely going to the New England Catholic Homeschool Conference in my area that's currently in the beginning planning stages.

Back to Top View Cheryl's Profile Search for other posts by Cheryl Visit Cheryl's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 3
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version