Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Introduce Yourself (2008) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
laurabelle
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Feb 29 2008 at 9:16am | IP Logged Quote laurabelle

Hi, I'm Laura mom to three active boys (Patrck - 10, Rory - 7 and Dominic -4) in our second year of homeschooling. We just moved from NE Ohio to NE Maryland (right by the Delaware and PA borders!)

My husband and I are cradle Catholics. I've never left the church, but he left for about a decade and returned when we were getting married. While I always had faith in my life, I do find myself growing more in the recent past since taking charge of my sons' education at home.

Currently, we use Catholic Heritage Curricula for the backbone of our schooling with other items to supplement or replace.

Overall, we attachment parent the boys. All nursed until they self-weaned. Two of the three boys co-slept with us for a while. Now a days, I often awake to one or all three in my bed once dad's left for the day. Through active participation in La Leche League since my oldest son's birth, I also find myself drawn to more 'natural' things. I think my youngest being born at home and then my decision to pull the older boys from parochial school came from my evolution as a mother.

That's it for my intro as computer time is almost up for me. I am looking forward to being on the forum.

Laura O in MD
Back to Top View laurabelle's Profile Search for other posts by laurabelle

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: March 01 2008 at 11:30am | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Welcome, Rachel and Laura! Thank you for your introductions and glad to see you here.

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Maria B.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 01 2008 at 11:51am | IP Logged Quote Maria B.

Welcome Rachel, Laura, Isa, Bethany, Joy, Leah, Patricia, Melanie, Beth, Sunny! Did I miss anyone. I enjoy meeting all the new moms. This is a great place to be. So glad you found us!

Back to Top View Maria B.'s Profile Search for other posts by Maria B. Visit Maria B.'s Homepage

Easter A.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: March 03 2008 at 10:11am | IP Logged Quote Easter A.

Hi everyone!

What a joy it was to read Elizabeth's welcome letter to new members! Thank you, Elizabeth.

I am honored to be here. I was born on Easter, I am a mother of 5: Cy (16), Charity Therese (13), Joseph (10), Faith (9) and TJ (6). We have been homeschooling for over 10 years now. I would like to get to know many of you, especially those who have teens and those with children who desire to entire the religious life.

We are all Pauline Cooperators, all seven of us. Our family loves the Real Presence; we all love to read, serve at church, pray, and exercise together. Some of us like to write. I write mostly prayer poems and some of them were published in our diocesan newspaper. My story was also published in a book. I have been blogging for over a year now, but just recently becoming more active in the blogosphere and cyberspace. I am actively working with another mom in looking for mothers to spiritually adopt priests and seminarians within our diocese. My blogs are: Mostly Prayers and A Tribute to Our Priests.
1) http://prayerswritingsofacatholicmomdaughter.blogspot.com/
2) http://atributetoourpriests.blogspot.com/

My teens blog as well and I welcome your teen bloggers to visit theirs which can be accessed through my blog, Mostly Prayers. We do not blog everyday as daily Mass and homeschooling are our priority, but my children enjoy the benefit of growing spiritually with other teen bloggers, so I do not discourage them from blogging when they are done with their school work.

Thank you for the warm welcome! God bless you all abundantly!

In Christ,
Easter:-)

Back to Top View Easter A.'s Profile Search for other posts by Easter A.

melmc
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: March 04 2008 at 1:04pm | IP Logged Quote melmc

Hi. My name is Melissa and I'll be homeschooling once my kids finish up this year at a Catholic school. Right now they are in 4th, 2nd and PK4. They asked to be homeschooled next year. It's something I thought about doing originally when my oldest was going into K. I'd read Elizabeth's book back then. But it just wasn't the right time. It is now!

I'm really drawn to classical education and CM methods. I'm a trained level 1 and 2 catechist for the Catechesis of Good Shepherd program and work at atriums at two different parishes. I'm hoping to incorporate hands-on learning and am trying to figure out the best way to do this. It's a little overwhelming.

I started a blog to keep track of what I'm thinking/doing, but haven't done more than a couple of posts yet. Notes from the Sheepfold Anyway, I'm looking forward to learning more about homeschooling, especially real learning.
Back to Top View melmc's Profile Search for other posts by melmc Visit melmc's Homepage

simplemama
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 04 2008 at 1:46pm | IP Logged Quote simplemama

Welcome!
Melissa it sounds like you have a lot to get you going in the right direction!

Back to Top View simplemama's Profile Search for other posts by simplemama Visit simplemama's Homepage

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 04 2008 at 6:39pm | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

Welcome, Melissa and Easter!! Glad you're here!

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

Lauri B
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 12 2008 at 1:07pm | IP Logged Quote Lauri B

Hello! :) I'm Lauri B from Pennsylvania a long-time CM/Waldorf Inspired/Unit Study Style, Anglican homeschooler. (That's a mouthful!) My always-homeschooled children are 18, 13 & almost 10. Our eldest is "graduating" this year (really just finishing). Our youngest is on the Autism Spectrum with some other special concerns. I've been married for almost 20 years to Eric, who is a Chemical Engineer.

I can't figure out how to add a signature or a picture! :)

I used to have a CM website, but it went away when we moved house and changed ISPs.

Hello!!!
Back to Top View Lauri B's Profile Search for other posts by Lauri B

peerybingle
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: March 24 2008 at 6:33am | IP Logged Quote peerybingle

Hello all. My name is Sarah, and I live in central Ohio. I've had an interest in homeschooling since I was pregnant with my oldest, who is now three (oh how quickly time flies). In October, we had #2, and it's a joy to be on this adventure of motherhood!

We are still discerning homeschooling and whether it's the right thing for our oldest - she is extremely outgoing and asks - daily - when she will go to school. However, even as I say that, our pastor (and my boss - I'm the parish administrator) has mentioned to me a need for a homeschooling co-op. And so I have left it in the hands of the Holy Spirit and I hope I'm able to hear what God is calling me to do. ;)

I have been researching and reading about homeschooling since that bud of interest three years ago, and I have really enjoyed Charlotte Mason's philosophy - it resonates with me.

Let's see, what else? We live on a small farm and between that and the kids, I'm usually smiling (or screaming) about something!

It's good to be here - I've been a member for a while but have never really taken the time to get my hands dirty here on the forums. So here goes... :)
Back to Top View peerybingle's Profile Search for other posts by peerybingle

DianaC
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 27 2008 at 3:37pm | IP Logged Quote DianaC

Hello,

I'm Diana. I began homeschooling my daughter this past fall and we both enjoy it tremendously. We are following a primarily classical program with a mix of different subjects from different curricula. What I really desire is to bring our experience fully into a Catholic focus.

I am so happy to have found this site and am looking forward to 'meeting' everyone.
Back to Top View DianaC's Profile Search for other posts by DianaC

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: March 27 2008 at 11:48pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Welcome aboard, Easter, Melissa, Lauri B, Sarah, and Diana! Thank you for your introductions and I hope that this community is a blessing to you and your families.

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

mommiepappa
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: March 29 2008 at 12:20pm | IP Logged Quote mommiepappa

Hello All,
My name is Kathee and I am an Illinois homeschool mom in year four and burning out fast! I have used TWTM, Sonlight, CHC and more. Although I have studied CM methods, I never have fully implemented them in our homeschool. I am hoping to make CM style of learning a true reality for our next school year. I look forward to chatting with everyone on this list to see what you are up to and how you are schooling your own.

I have four wonderful girls. Two have flown from the nest already and I am homeschooling two 8 and 5. I do have a very supportive and wonderful dh who is such a blessing to our family.

Hope to make a few new friends here. Toodles!
Back to Top View mommiepappa's Profile Search for other posts by mommiepappa Visit mommiepappa's Homepage

rtlmom
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: April 04 2008 at 1:09pm | IP Logged Quote rtlmom

Hello ladies,

My name is Christi, and I am a wife (to my husband of 10 years) and a mother of two boys (5 and 3). We have been blessed to have me at home since my pregnancy with our oldest.

We will be "officially" beginning homeshooling in the Fall, with Ryan and Cade.

I'm looking forward to learning from you!
Back to Top View rtlmom's Profile Search for other posts by rtlmom

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: April 04 2008 at 1:12pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Welcome Kathee and Christi (and all other newer members who haven't joined in yet) - won't you join us in the "I'm Maryan and you are?" thread. We are having a great time getting to know each other a little better!

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Maria Therese
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: April 07 2008 at 9:30am | IP Logged Quote Maria Therese

Hello Everyone,
I've been lurking here at the forums for well over a year and this is my first post believe it or not. I look forward to becoming more involved here.
God Bless,
Paige
Back to Top View Maria Therese's Profile Search for other posts by Maria Therese

Leonie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 07 2008 at 4:12pm | IP Logged Quote Leonie

Hi Paige and welcome!

SarahA
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: April 15 2008 at 2:23am | IP Logged Quote SarahA

melmc wrote:
Hi. I'll be homeschooling once my kids finish up this year at a Catholic school. Right now they are in 4th, 2nd and PK4. They asked to be homeschooled next year. It's something I thought about doing originally when my oldest was going into K. I'd read Elizabeth's book back then. But it just wasn't the right time. It is now!

I'm really drawn to classical education and CM methods. .

Sounds familiar! Hello, My name is Sarah and we will start homeschooling in Sept in NC. We are currently in Hawaii (my husband's in the Army) where my 2 oldest are in Catholic school. I'd always admired homeschoolers, but never thought I'd be able to do it. My parents are both teachers and it's a career path I never considered. However, my husband (Mike) has always been intrigued by the prospect of teaching our children much more interesting and adventurous things than what they'd get at school. So, we've always kind of taught them at home, just not formally. Last year I started to feel a tugging at my heart, and in the fall it worsened, so much so that after Christmas I felt like I was denying God's will by not homeschooling (one such occurrence was when my oldest said he didn't want to return to school after Christmas break because he'd miss seeing the little ones too much). After many prayers and much research, I felt at peace with the decision, and that God had given me the grace to try. We'll probably be mixing the classical and CM methods--thanks so much to Rachel May who answered all my questions (and strongly recommended Elizabeth Foss' book.) My husband and I are both converts of 8 years (the Easter after we got married) and have grown so much in the Faith in the last few years. Our kids are Nathan, currently 6 and in 1st grade, Josh, nearly 5 and in pre-k, Maria Therese, 3, David 18 mo, and our fifth little blessing due in August. This forum is such a God-send. I know I'll be referring to it often as we set out on this adventure!
Back to Top View SarahA's Profile Search for other posts by SarahA

Kimberely
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: April 15 2008 at 9:34am | IP Logged Quote Kimberely

HI, I'm new here. My name is Kim, wife to Mark and Mother of John (9) Lexie(7) and Marco (19 months). Marco was our surprise baby! We live in NC, my hubby is transplaned from CT. My hubby is a cradle Catholic, I am in the process of converting so forgive me please if I have "Catholic" questions!I just started homeschooling about 2 months ago due to bullying in our local school. We live 25 miles away from the closest Catholic school soo we are now homeschoolers. It was actually my hubby's idea and I resisted for a year lol but I love it now.As for curriculume, I have no clue! We are going to the HS conference in a few weeks, for now we've just been using workbooks, my kids actually like them! I've ordered some Seton and it should be here any day!Talk to everyone soon. Kim
Back to Top View Kimberely's Profile Search for other posts by Kimberely

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 16 2008 at 12:15am | IP Logged Quote Chari

Welcome, Sarah, Kim and Paige!

This is such a lovely place to be! I hope you enjoy it here! Let us know if there is anything we can do to help!

God bless your journeys!

Lucia
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: April 17 2008 at 5:58pm | IP Logged Quote Lucia

Hi,
I am Maria Lucia.
My husband Greg and I have seven children. Our oldest is graduating from Ave Maria University in May and our youngest is 4 years old. We have been homeschooling for 15 years. We live in Maryland.

I have been a member for a while but have never taken the time to introduce myself or post anything and I just wanted to b able to do that and say that I have really enjoyed reading all the wisdom among these "4 Real Learning" forums!

May God continue to bless all of you and your families in your home schooling efforts!

Maria Lucia
Back to Top View Lucia's Profile Search for other posts by Lucia

<< Prev Page of 10 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version