Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Living Learning
 4Real Forums : Living Learning
Subject Topic: UPDATE: Mid-west 4real get together Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Theresa H
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 08 2007 at 12:37am | IP Logged Quote Theresa H

...at the Mid-west Catholic Family Conference in Wichita, Kansas the weekend of August 3-5th. If anyone is interested in meeting for lunch or supper while at the conference or just meet between conference sessions, the Mid-West conference would be a convenient time to meet other 4RealLearning families.

Anyone who is interested may respond to the thread or pm me. Thank you.

***UPDATE   Jen, Simple Mama, Theresa H, and Dawn met on Friday evening. Carole N was seen later at the conference. Maybe we can plan a "Real" activity next year to coincide with the conference. Dawn suggested a tea party and share notebooks/lapbooks. You can pm any ideas. Good to meet you ladies!

JenniferS
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 08 2007 at 9:01am | IP Logged Quote JenniferS

We are going.

Jen
Back to Top View JenniferS's Profile Search for other posts by JenniferS

Dawnie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 08 2007 at 1:55pm | IP Logged Quote Dawnie

I will be going. I am singing in the choir on Sunday and hope to go on Saturday for all or part of the day.

Dawn

Carole N.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 08 2007 at 5:23pm | IP Logged Quote Carole N.

I think that we will be there ... would love to meet with other 4RealLearning families. And you to Theresa. Let me know.

wamegomom
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 08 2007 at 8:13pm | IP Logged Quote wamegomom

Gosh, I wish they'd have it just for ONE year on another weekend than the first weekend of August. Our Pottawatomie County fair is always that weekend, and my kids are showing and selling their Katahdin hair sheep, showing geology, sewing, baked goods, photography, etc...... They'd never let me skip it but I'm always sad to miss the Wichita conference. Does anyone know the powers that be for Wichita? Would they ever change the conference dates?

Wish I could meet some more of you ladies. But if anyone's near Onaga, Kansas, where our fair is, stop by!
Mary Alice
Back to Top View wamegomom's Profile Search for other posts by wamegomom

Theresa H
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 09 2007 at 8:28pm | IP Logged Quote Theresa H

Mary Alice: Sorry you won't be able to be at the conference! Are your kids in 4-H? Our kids are in
4-H. In Oklahoma, our county fair isn't until September. Tell the kids good luck with the exhibits!

Jen, Carole, & Dawn: Any suggestions as to when might be a good time to meet? Or do you just want to use the message board to try to find each other?

Carole N.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 09 2007 at 9:38pm | IP Logged Quote Carole N.

Theresa, I registered today, but unfortunately, I will not be staying at the Hyatt. Perhaps dinner would be a better time to meet--there is a great pizza place down in the old part of town that we usually go to.

We might also want to remember that Fr. Groschel is speaking that evening. So keep that in mind in your planning (see I am putting you in charge because you are so good at this).

Talk to you a band tomorrow.

All For Jesus
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: July 12 2007 at 9:36am | IP Logged Quote All For Jesus

Hi Theresa,
Our family is attending the MW Catholic Family conference this year too. We make it a summer event every year. I would love to meet any of you there!
We live here in Wichita so we won't be at the Hyatt obviously.
Let me know what the plans are!

Lynn from KS
Wife to my college sweetheart Brent, and Mom to Samuel Joseph (98) Bridget Catherine (01)John-Paul Gerard (05) & Maryn Therese (05)
Back to Top View All For Jesus's Profile Search for other posts by All For Jesus

JenniferS
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 12 2007 at 8:12pm | IP Logged Quote JenniferS

We are staying at the Hyatt because we are small town people, and dh hates to drive in Wichita, which may put me out of going anywhere but the conference. UGH!

Jen

Devoted
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: July 15 2007 at 8:10am | IP Logged Quote Devoted

Hello, All! Can anyone refer me to a website for the conference. I'd like to see what's going to be going on, et c.

Back to Top View Devoted's Profile Search for other posts by Devoted

Carole N.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 15 2007 at 8:16am | IP Logged Quote Carole N.

You can find information about the conference at

catholicfamilyconference.org/main.htm

Sorry that I cannot hyperlink. My dh needs to make some repairs to our computer since our last "crash."

It is a great conference. We have gone every summer for the past seven years.

Theresa H
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 17 2007 at 4:29pm | IP Logged Quote Theresa H

Thanks Carole for posting the website!

I was thinking we might meet at the conference, instead of trying to go somewhere else. Perhaps Friday evening in the Expo Hall/Vending area, before everything starts at 5:30pm. (Any time suggestions?) Just not sure how to work in the evening meal for the family with events starting that early. I know our family will go to see the Donut Man concert at 6:00pm.

I also thought about making some sticker dots with 4Real on it that could be placed on your name tag, then when you see it you could introduce yourself, especially if you are unable to meet at the scheduled time. The dots would be available at the scheduled meeting time(s) or on the message board in an envelope marked 4Real.

Let me know your ideas, so we can firm up plans.
Back to Top View Theresa H's Profile Search for other posts by Theresa H

JenniferS
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 18 2007 at 5:48am | IP Logged Quote JenniferS

Theresa,

I like the dots idea. I'm not sure if we will make it to Wichita by 5:30. We are hoping to get an early start because the kids want to see the Donut Man, but we are always running late, it seems.

Jen

simplemama
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 18 2007 at 10:24am | IP Logged Quote simplemama

I know I'm relatively new to this forum and don't have too much to offer with only 2 small children (3 & 9 months) but I live in Wichita and would love to meet some of you fabulous women! I'm not sure how much of the conference we will attend but just let me know the plans and I'll see what I can do. The Hyatt does have a restaurant area that is huge and a great place to eat with a big group of people and is attached to the conference center. There is also a nice little french place called La Galette that is fairly close to the Century II conference center.

Back to Top View simplemama's Profile Search for other posts by simplemama Visit simplemama's Homepage

Carole N.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 18 2007 at 10:37am | IP Logged Quote Carole N.

Theresa:
We will try to be there by 5:30. I am trying to send Joshua to the vocations retreat, and I am not sure about times.
I think that the dots are great! See you soon.

Theresa H
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 25 2007 at 2:15pm | IP Logged Quote Theresa H

UPDATE for all those attending the Mid-West Catholic Conference in Wichita, Kansas.

4Real forum folks will meet at 5:30pm on Friday evening near the Vendor area and Expo Hall. Look for a table with a 4Real Sign. You can also look for a green dot marked "4Real" on my name tag. I talked to the conference office and they said that the dots could be used. So, we'll have green dots with "4Real" that can be put on your name tag. Those who are unable to meet at 5:30pm on Friday may still get dots from a manilla envelope marked 4Real on the message board. The green dots will allow us to introduce ourselves to other 4Real forum folks at speaker sessions, Mass, or in the vendor's Area.

If anyone has other suggestions or concerns, let me know. We won't schedule another meeting time unless those meeting at 5:30pm Friday schedule another time on Saturday or Sunday. A message would be put on the message board so all 4Real folks could know.   

Also, those who were interested in meeting for dinner could contact one another and work something out with your families. We are having "picnic" meals in our hotel room most meals to decrease expenditures (so I can have more to spend on books!) so I did not try to schedule a dinner meeting.

Looking for to meeting you all: Jen, Dawn, SimpleMama, Lynn, and any anyone "lurking". (I already know Carole.)

Patty
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 25 2007 at 11:42pm | IP Logged Quote Patty

Wow, this is exciting! When I saw the title of this thread, I thought I might have to drive a few hours (and I would!) to meet some of you ladies...but I'm going to the conference as well. I'll be singing in the choir. (Hi Dawn!) I would love to meet and will try my best to make it.

Patty
Back to Top View Patty's Profile Search for other posts by Patty

Theresa H
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 26 2007 at 12:25am | IP Logged Quote Theresa H

Hello Patty,

Looking forward to meeting you too! If you can't make the meeting time of 5:30pm on Friday evening, find the green dots in a manilla envelope marked 4Real on the message board at the conference. Then look for other green dots on name tags and introduce yourself.

JenniferS
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 26 2007 at 8:29am | IP Logged Quote JenniferS

Theresa,

We are doing the same thing for meals. It's what we've done every year, and it works well. But I m looking forward to meeting everyone. We are hoping to get an early start, so maybe I will be there by 5:30 after all.

simplemama
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 26 2007 at 10:22am | IP Logged Quote simplemama

Will this exciting rendezvous take place within the conference itself? I am still not sure if we or even I will be able to register for the conference, if I do, I can only afford to go on one day which would probably be Saturday.     

Back to Top View simplemama's Profile Search for other posts by simplemama Visit simplemama's Homepage

Page of 2 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version