Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Hidden Treasure
 4Real Forums : Hidden Treasure
Subject Topic: How does your dh respond? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
St. Ann
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Feb 18 2007 at 2:20pm | IP Logged Quote St. Ann

I am interested in hearing how other husbands respond to your relationship to Our Lady. Does your dh share this devotion with you or are you quite alone? From reading your introductions I discovered that some of you have followed your husbands on this path to a consecration...
In the past, my dh has prayed the Rosary with me, but it is not his prayer of choice.   I am not really certain, that I want to discuss this topic of a Devotion to Mary with him.
What is your expierience?

Wife and mother to Hannah '96, Maria '99, Dorothea '01, Helena '03
Back to Top View St. Ann's Profile Search for other posts by St. Ann Visit St. Ann's Homepage

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 18 2007 at 9:14pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Stephanie,

It was my husband who introduced me to True Devotion. My husband is much older than me and when he had been in his late teens he worked for a Fatima Apostolate for 6 years (England-Canada-US) and he had been schooled daily in this Devotion and was taught well by his spiritual mentor (the man who ran the Apostolate) - it was very refreshing to have him explain in his own words passages that were very profound and beautiful - I have alot to thank him for as I would never know really if I would have come to it without someone else's inspiration and guidance - who knows??

There is something beautiful and endearing in a man who loves his mother deeply and passionately, so to see the love for his heavenly mother is just wonderful.

He was obviously, greatly blessed himself to have had such a mentor at such a young age....

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

Helen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 19 2007 at 8:10pm | IP Logged Quote Helen

Stephanie,
My husband is also a third order Franciscan who has taken the Marian Vow of total consecration. (He wanted to begin classes before I received my vocation.)

The practice of consecration is mostly an interior practice. (There are a few exterior practices.) Your husband may really like one aspect of devotion to Our Lady
Obedience is one of the marks of devotion to Our Lady

Mother Teresa
“When we really belong to Mary, we will find obedience to be the greatest means for growing in holiness and living in the constant presence of God.”
Thirsting For God, (Servant Publications) 80

I'm trying to communicate a light hearted, cheerful attitude

Back to Top View Helen's Profile Search for other posts by Helen Visit Helen's Homepage

Erica Sanchez
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 19 2007 at 11:28pm | IP Logged Quote Erica Sanchez

Just last night I 'caught' Cash reading my True Devotion book.    We were consecrated together long ago and I did mention to him that I was trying to be a part of Hidden Treasure here. Funny thing, this very morning I ran into to the gal that taught our consecration class and she brought up some thoughts she had about us way back then. Maybe Mary is trying to tell us something...

Thanks for asking the question, Stephanie. I don't think I would have thought to share this with dh, but you've got me thinking...

Back to Top View Erica Sanchez's Profile Search for other posts by Erica Sanchez

KellyJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 20 2007 at 10:27am | IP Logged Quote KellyJ

My husband has also consecrated himself to our Blessed Lady. I think his favorite prayer is the Rosary; I know he prays it daily.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version