Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
St. Anne's Tearoom: Growing in Wisdom over 40 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : St. Anne's Tearoom: Growing in Wisdom over 40
Subject Topic: Growing Older, Growing Wiser Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
benedicta
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 7:29am | IP Logged Quote benedicta

Hey, Paula   

My birthday is November 18....you and I are almost exactly one year apart!
Back to Top View benedicta's Profile Search for other posts by benedicta

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 11:09am | IP Logged Quote Chari

So, I guess this is roll call??

I will be 43 on Karen E's and Kim's birthday

I, too, have been waiting for this forum...........I have a thread in mind .......now, to find the time to post it!

Welcome, everybody! Glad we can all "grow wiser" together!

Paula in MN
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 11:58am | IP Logged Quote Paula in MN

benedicta wrote:
Hey, Paula   

My birthday is November 18....you and I are almost exactly one year apart!

Yes, but just remember that I am older!!!

And Mrs. K --- which one of us is older???

Tifflynene
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 12:54pm | IP Logged Quote Tifflynene

Hi There-

I am so thankful to find this forum as well! I just turned 40 last October and I'm sort of "feeling it"! I have had people ask me if my 2 year old is my grandchild. My oldest is only 13 so I am not a grandma yet!

Quite honestly I am feeling like a scared little child because, though my dh and I are are committed to being open to life, I feel like I am maxed out. With age I find that I have MUCH less patience when I am lacking sleep and less patience in general! I have also felt my body changing and fell many more achy joints, etc. these last few years....

But just hearing about many of you that are still bearing little ones in your forties is very inspiring. I was whining to Chari that you don't often hear about Catholic women over 40's and their struggles or strengths with this issue.

I have even attended Women Of Grace Conferences and went away asking...Why aren't there Catholic Homeschooling Mom's of multiple children up there talking to us? hee hee
Please help! I am praying that Mother Mary give me strength to surrender and trust Her beloved Son.

Tiffany
Mother of 4 living blessings
ds (Age 13); ds (age 7); dd (age 4); ds (age 2)
Back to Top View Tifflynene's Profile Search for other posts by Tifflynene

soodow
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 1:24pm | IP Logged Quote soodow

I am turning 47 on March 27. I have 6 children 25yo - 5yo. 2 grown and out of the house, one of whom is married and expecting June 1st The 4 still schooling are 16, 9, 7, 5!
I have a wonderful group of friends we have been educating our children with for 12yrs
We are all over 40... and we are all experiencing this "age" thing this year ... struggling through the last year together (we school together 1/wk. This forum and the wonderful blogs many of you have has been a gift. Themes, books, and beautiful teas have helped us through our "down" time. I think this specific forum will be a tremendous help in many ways. So thank you for starting it.
"Grow old with me... the best is yet to be!" is also a favorite of mine!
Sue
Mom of 6
Back to Top View soodow's Profile Search for other posts by soodow

Paula in MN
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 1:40pm | IP Logged Quote Paula in MN

soodow wrote:
"Grow old with me... the best is yet to be!" is also a favorite of mine!

Love it!

Joann in AL
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 4:26pm | IP Logged Quote Joann in AL

Tap, tap, tap

That's my cane rapping on the door

I turned 43 in October. I loved my 30's. My 40's so far are nothing to write home about. Although my aunt assures me that it gets better.

Wiser? Phewww. I sure hope so, but there are some things that still need a lot of work.

I remember a long time ago asking my mom how it felt to be 40 and she told me that she didn't feel much different then when she was in her 20's. Sometimes I know what she meant.

I am looking forward to reading the posts in this forum.

I've been reading Fides et Ratio (in English) and perhaps this little prayer from Pope John Paul II would be fitting here for all of us seeking to find and share Wisdom:

"May Mary, Seat of Wisdom, be a sure haven for all who devote their lives to the search for wisdom. May their journey into wisdom, sure and final goal of all true knowing, be freed of every hindrance by the intercession of the one who, in giving birth to the Truth and treasuring it in her heart, has shared it forever with all the world."

Tifflynene
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 5:12pm | IP Logged Quote Tifflynene

Joann-

What day are you in October? I am October 8th...

I saw that some other ladies had the same November birthday so thought I'd check!

Tiffany
Oakdale, CA

Tifflynene
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 5:16pm | IP Logged Quote Tifflynene

Sorry guys...I think I posted in the wrong place. My plea doesn't sound right in the "Growing in Wisdom" section! Please bear with this newbie!

Tiffany
Oakdale,CA

Debbie
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 5:20pm | IP Logged Quote Debbie

Hello!

I am new to the 4real forum and I was so excited to see a place for Moms over 40. I will be 47 in October (yikes!) I have 4 daughters ages 16, 8, 6, and 3. I am definitely in the minority in our local homeschool group. I am the only Mom over 40 with little ones and the only Catholic!

Debbie
Wife to Bill for 26 wonderful years; Mom to Anna ('90), Abigail('98), Alexis ('00) and Aubrey ('03)and 2 in God's care
Back to Top View Debbie's Profile Search for other posts by Debbie

stacykay
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 6:12pm | IP Logged Quote stacykay

Turning 44 on March 24, when I read the wisdom bit, all I could think of was "It's a Wonderful Life," and the older man who tells Jimmy Stewart, as he is contemplating kissing Donna Reed, "youth is wasted on the wrong people!" Or something to that effect.

I am fortunate to have a couple other "over 40" moms with littles in my local hs group.

My own mum had me when she was 41, and she always said I kept her young. What a joy she was!

God Bless,
Stacy in MI
dh Frank ('85,) Matt-18, Mike-16, Pete-11, Mark-8, Paul-5, and John-2
Back to Top View stacykay's Profile Search for other posts by stacykay

gracie4309
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 7:23pm | IP Logged Quote gracie4309

I'm 42 this year, and once in a while see little glints of understanding I didn't have before, but still need a lot more wisdom! Fortunately, there are a few other ladies in their 40's and 50's in my hs group, but I'm equally inspired by the younger ladies who are so much farther along in the Faith than I was at their age. Sometimes, though, I forget that I'm 10-15 yrs older than many of them. Doesn't it seem like all homeschooling moms fit in well with each other regardless of age? But it is nice to talk to other moms at this end of the spectrum.

Grace (mom to Nick-16, Mary-13, Sam-8, Paul-5, Patrick-5
Back to Top View gracie4309's Profile Search for other posts by gracie4309 Visit gracie4309's Homepage

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 8:30pm | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

Marcie -

When "last week" was your birthday? Mine is January 28.

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

Essy
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 04 2007 at 7:46am | IP Logged Quote Essy

"My own mum had me when she was 41, and she always said I kept her young. What a joy she was!"

My mom was 41 when she had me too. I am the youngest of seven children and I love it. The only draw back was losing her when I still so desperately needed my mom. She passed away at 75 and I was only 34...didn't even have my children then...she has missed so much of our lives...but I know that she has has seen us through so much too...from the 'other side'.   

Back to Top View Essy's Profile Search for other posts by Essy Visit Essy's Homepage

marcie
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 04 2007 at 8:04am | IP Logged Quote marcie

Nancy,
My birthday is the 30th.
Happy belated birthday to you!!

Kathryn UK
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 04 2007 at 4:17pm | IP Logged Quote Kathryn UK

I'm another October birthday (15th), and turned 46 last year. I have three dds - 12, 8 and and the baby is almost 8 months.

I'm not sure I am growing in wisdom in my 40s, but I'm growing in pounds .

Back to Top View Kathryn UK's Profile Search for other posts by Kathryn UK

Kathryn UK
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 04 2007 at 4:18pm | IP Logged Quote Kathryn UK

I'm another October birthday (15th), and turned 46 last year. I have three dds - 12, 8 and and the baby is almost 8 months.

Back to Top View Kathryn UK's Profile Search for other posts by Kathryn UK

Paula in MN
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 04 2007 at 4:19pm | IP Logged Quote Paula in MN

Kathryn UK wrote:

I'm with you there!

Carole N.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 04 2007 at 5:44pm | IP Logged Quote Carole N.

Yes, yes, growing in pounds. When I turned 40, I was very svelte. However, at almost 48 (March 23), I am not there anymore. Something about "a moment on the lips, forever on the hips" kwim? So maybe I am not growing any wiser.
I have three children--ds (14), dd (11), and our blessing through adoption ds (12). Everyone asks if my dd and ds are twins, we laugh and say no, that they are eight months apart and just smile. You should see the looks that we get.
I am glad to see this forum.

momwise
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 04 2007 at 6:23pm | IP Logged Quote momwise

Wow...I'm in great company here !

I'm 46 and my youngest is 2 1/2 and I got pregnant recently but lost a baby in Nov.

I belong to a book club that reads Catholic female authors and I'm the next to the youngest (almost the baby ). All 7 of us (except our single, consecrated friend) have homeschooled for 10-24 yrs. We get together every 6 wks. to pray, eat, drink wine and coffee and oh yeah....talk about the book . I highly recommend this kind of group (the only place where you really laugh out loud about your expanding wasteline and diminishing brain cells ).

It's great to be here; I'll be following along

<< Prev Page of 3 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version