Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Domestic Church
 4Real Forums : Domestic Church
Subject Topic: FHC notebook Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
LLMom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 23 2007 at 11:44am | IP Logged Quote LLMom

My dd is making her FHC this spring and we are making a FHC notebook as described here. ANyone else making one? I thought it might be fun and give good ideas if those who blog and are making a FHC notebook would share ideas and photos on their blog. I have a few of my dd up on my blog and would love to see others ideas.

Back to Top View LLMom's Profile Search for other posts by LLMom

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 23 2007 at 12:10pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

I have Matthias's up at my blog, I just need to finish my notes for each page, but at least you can see the whole thing. I was such a blessing for us both and I can't emphasize enough how meaningful this project was!! Have a great time with it!!

Matthias's First Communion Notebook

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 23 2007 at 1:07pm | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

Thanks for bringing this up Lisa - and for the beautiful Notebook that you have shared with us Meredith - we started in October (my twins are making their FHC in May) - and I have stalled a little with the morning sickness. You have inspired me to get going again.

Nick and Andrew have just memorized and copyworked the 10 commandments - and I was thinking that maybe they would narrate something about the commandments to me this week.

I am doing the Creed next week - does anyone have any ideas for presenting the Creed.

In a couple of weeks I am starting a few weeks presentation on the Mass (using Moira's 6-9 manual) and Weight of a Mass. We will make some pages then too.

I am having trouble deciding what to put in their FHC notebooks and what to put in their Liturgical Year/Catholic Mosaic notebooks.

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

onemoretracy
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 24 2007 at 2:40pm | IP Logged Quote onemoretracy

I just decided to get started on this. My oldest makes his FHC April 21st :O

What inspired me was a list I found of pages on Elizabeth's page from NACHE (2002?) Not sure, but she links to it from a Real Learning page. I will try to find it and link to it or better yet list it here. She includes page topic ideas and for me this was a big hurdle.

DS Ryan-9
DS Luke-6
DD Laine-6
DD Mary Clare-3
DD Sara (Dec.6 '08)
My Blog
Back to Top View onemoretracy's Profile Search for other posts by onemoretracy

onemoretracy
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 24 2007 at 2:52pm | IP Logged Quote onemoretracy

A-ha! Here it is!

First Communion Book Pages:
What my name means (Patron Saints)
God made the World and He made Me
Creed (memorize and copy)
God gave us the Bible
Guardian Angel
Original Sin
Gospel of Children (JPII)
My Baptism
Deuteronomy (Our family’s verse)
Noah’s Ark
The Ten Commandments (re-state in my own words)
The Prodigal Son
The Vine and the Branches
The Lost Coin
The Lost Sheep
The Steps to a good confession (cut apart and paste them in order, with my own definition of the steps)
The Act of Contrition

Old Testament foreshadowing of the Eucharist (Fr. Peffley):
Manna from Heaven
Ark of the Covenant – the tabernacle is our new ark of the covenant
Paschal Lamb (the last plague)-prefigurement of Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God

Psalm 110.   both priest and king who offered a special sacrifice of bread and wine. Christ offered an unbloody sacrifice at the last supper.

Malachi 1:11. “From the rising of the sun to the setting of the sun, a perfect offering will be made.” Universal Church

New Testament:

Jesus Christ is truly the Son of God. He is divine. He forgave sins. He worked miracles.

Wedding at Cana narration John 2. Jesus changed water into wine and showed that he had power over material elements

Loaves and Fishes (Small Gifts in God’s Hands narration) again, showing power over material elements

Jesus walked on water—showed power over his own body

Resurrection—again, power over his own body

Storm on the Sea—when Jesus speaks, it becomes a reality

The Last Supper—all the miracles rolled into one miracle.

Road to Emmaeus—the disciples did not recognize him until the breaking of the bread. We might not recognize him but he is really present. Because Jesus is glorified, he is not limited to normal physical limitations.

(1Corinthians 10 and 1: 1 Christians who do not recognize the Body and Blood of Christ.) No narration but discussion.

John 6:   I am the bread from Heaven

The Mass
Order of the Mass

What we see at Mass

The Weight of a Mass (narration)        & nbsp;         & nbsp;        

The Little Caterpillar That Finds Jesus (narration)

Letter from me to Jesus asking to receive Communion

Letter to child from parents with our prayer for her.

At the end of the book are two pages signed by guests at First Communion and all the pictures taken that day.

I cannot figure out how to link to this but I can give you directions to get there! First go to the Real Learning website: http://www.4reallearning.com/, then click on the Living Books NACHE 2004 link on the sidebar. Then click on the handout link at the top of that page. Then scroll your way on down....

I know we will not be able to a page for every single on of these topics, but we will fit several in!

DS Ryan-9
DS Luke-6
DD Laine-6
DD Mary Clare-3
DD Sara (Dec.6 '08)
My Blog
Back to Top View onemoretracy's Profile Search for other posts by onemoretracy

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 26 2007 at 5:58pm | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

Meredith wrote:
I have Matthias's up at my blog, Matthias's First Communion Notebook

Meredith, this is incredible.
I'm linking it at my Catholic Mosaic blog so others can see how incredibly beautiful (and informative) a liturgical notebook can be.

mom to 5
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 26 2007 at 6:17pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

Cay Gibson wrote:
Meredith, this is incredible.
I'm linking it at my Catholic Mosaic blog so others can see how incredibly beautiful (and informative) a liturgical notebook can be.

Cay, your too kind!! He loved doing it, most of the time I need to finish the info, but it is really a very special project, thanks for linking me!!

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

marianne
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 28 2007 at 4:27pm | IP Logged Quote marianne

Ooooh - we're doing one here too. We don't have a printer, so Abby is having to write everything out and it doesn't look quite as "spiffy", but at least it's all done by her. It's going to be a very special keepsake! I'm going to really enjoy looking at all of your blogs for pictures!

Theresa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 28 2007 at 4:44pm | IP Logged Quote Theresa

Meredith, we have the same family verse!!! I have it on a marbled plaque that came from Israel. One of the members of our church married a Messianic Jewish girl and they live in Israel. When they were back in the states he brought some of the plaques and I was so exicted to find one with our verse.

Theresa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 28 2007 at 4:45pm | IP Logged Quote Theresa

Oh yes.... the notebook pages are lovely. I enjoyed looking at them and reading through the Apostle's Creed. That is the one prayer that I could never remember by memory. Most of the others I can still recite from memory.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version