Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Moms with only 1, 2 or 3 kids .... Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
J.Anne
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 11 2007 at 9:58am | IP Logged Quote J.Anne

That's funny, JennGM, that our names are the same. We have the same last initial too - that could be confusing! And Dawn, I didn't think you were fishing at all! I so wish I could return to childhood and have any one of you as my mothers!
Thank you, Karen, for starting this topic. I feel like sometimes here and on my blog people dismiss me because I only have the two children. Certainly, no one has ever said anything to make me feel that way. It is my own insecurities. I look at these wonderful women who are teaching 7+ children and feel like my struggles with two must sound silly.

Jennifer
As Cozy as Spring

marihalojen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 11 2007 at 10:18am | IP Logged Quote marihalojen

I think there are very real struggles with teaching onlies/fewers that might not be applicable to larger families. It certainly doesn't sound silly at all, Jennifer!

Maybe I'll go start a new thread...

SSR = Sailing, Snorkling, Reading
Back to Top View marihalojen's Profile Search for other posts by marihalojen Visit marihalojen's Homepage

marihalojen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 11 2007 at 10:42am | IP Logged Quote marihalojen

Okay, I did open a new thread on the practical side of homeschooling 1, 2, or 3 children.

SSR = Sailing, Snorkling, Reading
Back to Top View marihalojen's Profile Search for other posts by marihalojen Visit marihalojen's Homepage

Mrs.K
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 11 2007 at 2:04pm | IP Logged Quote Mrs.K

Karen, just wanted to thank you for linking to your beautifully written article. You and your writing are such a blessing.

My blogPondered in My Heart
Jesus,I trust in You!
Back to Top View Mrs.K's Profile Search for other posts by Mrs.K

CathinCoffeland
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 11 2007 at 7:27pm | IP Logged Quote CathinCoffeland

I just had a chance to read the article and i want to join the others in saying thank you.

I have had a very hard time with this especially in my stuggle to remain charitable when confronted by "well meaning" people.

we have lost every other one of our pregnancies and have faced a lot of unpleasent comments from members of our parish about the spacing/number of dc we have.

It can be difficult not to lash out at others sometimes especially when feeling that your smaller family is somehow inferior.

Your lovely article is now printed and on my desk

thanks again Maggie
Back to Top View CathinCoffeland's Profile Search for other posts by CathinCoffeland Visit CathinCoffeland's Homepage

Magnificat
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Jan 11 2007 at 10:20pm | IP Logged Quote Magnificat

What a wonderful article Karen. I have printed it out and I know I will refer to it often.
We have 3, ages 5, 7 and 9...and how I always thought I would have many, many more!! However, my husband had testicular cancer...twice. Sooooooo, we know that God has other ideas for us and our family.
At times, I do quietly long for more children. So do my kids! Every once in a while, my five year old (the only girl) will ask "When are you having a baby?" Ouch.
But, I really feel the pain when someone says "OH! So you finally got the girl!! No more..'eh??" Ugh. Double Ouch.

Thanks so much again Karen.

Lisa R
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 12 2007 at 11:17pm | IP Logged Quote Lisa R

Just wanted to say this thread has blessed me so much!   Thank you all!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version