Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Domestic Church
 4Real Forums : Domestic Church
Subject Topic: FSSP Calendar?-Traditional Feast Days Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 06 2007 at 3:37pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Sarah wrote:
I'm glad you posted all you did. I didn't say above that either calendar was right, I was just pointing out the differences and that it annoys me that we are supposed to be the same rite, yet not even close to being the same.

I'm not a huge, arguing Traditionalist. In reality I'm not good at arguing at all, nor do I want to. All I know is that the Indult is creeping in, I love the Traditional Mass, and I wonder where people like me fit into the Church I want so much to be at the heart of.

The Church is accomodating us, though. Just this Fall our Bishop confirmed around 80 kids in the Traditional Rite. Our FSSP Seminary is at full capacity with a waiting list. The Carmel is growing. Clear Creek Monks are growing. The Oblate sisters are growing. Our parish is filled with young families as most of the FSSP apostolates are. So, there is much youth in the Traditional Mass.

I don't know what else to say, Jenn, except that I don't feel that our family is doing anything wrong by staying where we are. My husband researched it forever before our family made the change. We haven't declared anything from Vat.II to be wrong. Its a devotion I can't explain.

I hope I wasn't coming across as arguing, because I don't want to, nor was I trying to. I was merely presenting the facts about the reform in the Calendar. I found it interesting, and since I didn't fully understand it before, I thought maybe others didn't.

That wasn't to attack those who attend the indult Mass. I'm not. I'm just voicing my hope that some of these inconsistencies can be changed.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

MacBeth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Probably at the beach...

Posted: Jan 06 2007 at 3:52pm | IP Logged Quote MacBeth

[moderator hat] Since the Holy Father has declared both rites valid under the indult, and as this forum is loyal to the Magisterium, any discussion of one rite over the other is moot. Let's keep this discussion on topic--the old calendar--and drop all other arguments. [/moderator hat]   

Nature Study
MacBeth's Blog
Back to Top View MacBeth's Profile Search for other posts by MacBeth Visit MacBeth's Homepage

Sarah
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 06 2007 at 4:40pm | IP Logged Quote Sarah

No problem, Jenn.

As MacBeth said. . .

Has anyone seen the FSSP calendar this year???? Just wondering if they made one? They've always been lovely in the past. One year they featured the stain glass windows from our little church here. Last years they had pictures of different Popes throughout history.

Back to Top View Sarah's Profile Search for other posts by Sarah

alicegunther
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 06 2007 at 5:40pm | IP Logged Quote alicegunther

JennGM wrote:
That wasn't to attack those who attend the indult Mass. I'm not. I'm just voicing my hope that some of these inconsistencies can be changed.

I do not perceive you as attacking the indult Mass, Jenn.

We attend the Novus Ordo at our parish, but are blessed to attend our diocesan Latin Mass occasionally. I feel so glad to be able to give the children this rich spiritual gift.

Cottage Blessings
Brew yourself a cup of tea, and come for a visit!
Back to Top View alicegunther's Profile Search for other posts by alicegunther Visit alicegunther's Homepage

Bookswithtea
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 06 2007 at 7:10pm | IP Logged Quote Bookswithtea

Oh dear. I'm sorry if my question caused trouble. I didn't even know there was controversy over it...I was just wondering why it changed.

Please accept my apologies.

~Books

mothering ds'93 dd'97 dd'99 dd'02 ds'05 ds'07 and due 9/10
Back to Top View Bookswithtea's Profile Search for other posts by Bookswithtea

Jenny
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 06 2007 at 9:56pm | IP Logged Quote Jenny

Sarah, my family & I attend the FSSP in OK. They do have a 2007 calendar. You mentioned Clear Creek and the sisters, so you are familiar with the area?

LLMom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 07 2007 at 2:33am | IP Logged Quote LLMom

TAN puts out a nice traditional Calendar that also list the New Mass feasts. That way, those of us who are attending the Traditional Latin Mass and following the traditional calendar, will know when to celebrate the new saints since 1962. Now, this doesn't help the missal situation, but at least you can read about the new saints on their days and pray to them.
Back to Top View LLMom's Profile Search for other posts by LLMom

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 07 2007 at 10:39am | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

Jenn -

I was edified by your explanations about the calendar changes from the Tridentine to NO. Just the other day, my husband and I were discussing the calendar, and I mentioned that Christmas has traditionally ended with Candlemas, and remembering the "Sundays after Pentecost", and their being numbered. NOW I get it! My memories are from my early childhood (up to 2nd grade), before the reforms.

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

Sarah
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 07 2007 at 4:04pm | IP Logged Quote Sarah

We just saw on the FSSP website that they are SOLD OUT! Darn! We didn't get one. I'll look into TAN and the other options listed above. Thanks everyone!!!

Sarah
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 07 2007 at 4:11pm | IP Logged Quote Sarah

PS, Books, no worries. I'm not mad at anyone nor have reason to be. Everything that was said was good to air and think about. . . We're all friends here!!!!!!

amiefriedl
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 07 2007 at 7:00pm | IP Logged Quote amiefriedl

Elizabeth wrote:
Sarah,
Can't help you much because we don't have an FSSP apostolate, but Katherine had calendar idea here and in the comments sections, Ruth linked to a Tridentine Feasts Sticker albumthat looked wonderful!

It is really a nice sticker album. We are using it this year - ironically - I'm putting those stickers right over top the calendar that the Legionaires of Christ calendar that they sent me. So I'm really in sync with this thread! Tridentine stickers on a N.O. calendar!   

I'd certainly recommend the sticker album for anyone using/interested in being a part of the old calendar. It is very, very well done.

Back to Top View amiefriedl's Profile Search for other posts by amiefriedl Visit amiefriedl's Homepage

Sarah
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 08 2007 at 12:43pm | IP Logged Quote Sarah

Amie,

Where'd you get the stickers because the link doesn't let you buy them? I'd really like them since I think we could make our own calendar this year.

MrsKey
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 08 2007 at 1:49pm | IP Logged Quote MrsKey

Sarah wrote:
Amie,

Where'd you get the stickers because the link doesn't let you buy them? I'd really like them since I think we could make our own calendar this year.

Sarah,

Try Angelus Press at this LINK

Back to Top View MrsKey's Profile Search for other posts by MrsKey

margot helene
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 14 2007 at 1:12pm | IP Logged Quote margot helene

Sarah wrote:
For those of you that are in an FSSP (Fraternity of St. Peter) apostolate did you get a 2007 calendar this year?

We usually have them in the back of the church but there aren't any this year. Our priest is in Europe so I can't ask him.

Sarah
I found a big stack of them at the back of our church today! Do you still want one? I picked up a few. Also, my husband teaches at the place where the headquarters is and he says he has seen some there. So anyone else need one, let me know.
Margot
Back to Top View margot helene's Profile Search for other posts by margot helene Visit margot helene's Homepage

Sarah
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 14 2007 at 3:59pm | IP Logged Quote Sarah

I'll take one.

PM-ing you. . .

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic