Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Any Advice? We're Bound for Hawaii! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Rachel May
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 11 2007 at 1:19pm | IP Logged Quote Rachel May

Another Hawaii book I enjoyed was Holy Man about Fr.Damien by Gawin Dawes. A neighbor painted the cover pic of Father Damien onto a pineapple shaped plate that I bought at the Aloha Stadium and it turned out really nice.

My little ones love The Magic Shark who, in this book, is the Hawaiian "wolf" to the 3 little pigs. We also love the Magic Shark Learns to Cook.

We like some of the books from Island Heritage. You could find them in a Borders there if you feel like hitting a bookstore.

I had a fun and mouth-watering time at your blog today.   I rarely get to visit them, but I was looking to see how old your kids are to see if I could think of age appropriate books. Because maybe they are too old to find out How the B-52 Cockroach Learned to Fly?

I'll stop anytime....

LisaD
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 11 2007 at 1:23pm | IP Logged Quote LisaD

Rachel May wrote:

Lisa, what are your favorite restaurants?

Sorry, I just saw this! Our all-time favorite restaurant is Roy's Restaurant in Aina Haina (east Honolulu). It's really nice, we used to go there for our anniversary. We also like Auntie Pasto's. Another place we loved to go to have drinks and pu'pu's is House Without a Key.

Let's see...for just a quick lunch, we liked to get plate lunches from Yummy Korean BBQ. Zippy's is a popular place for plate lunch, too.

Kids are hollering, I'll try to think of some more places.

Rachel May
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 22 2007 at 12:38pm | IP Logged Quote Rachel May

Margaret,

It looks like your trip went very well. I'm so glad! Especially about the shave ice.   

Margaret in MN
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 22 2007 at 12:57pm | IP Logged Quote Margaret in MN

I printed out a copy of this thread and referred to it several times throughout the week. Believe me, Rachel, I was blessing you repeatedly! That shave ice is so good it's scary! And at only $2.00 it was a steal, esp. given the price of everything else on the island.

Come for Coffee
Back to Top View Margaret in MN's Profile Search for other posts by Margaret in MN Visit Margaret in MN's Homepage

KC in TX
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 25 2007 at 12:49pm | IP Logged Quote KC in TX

Well, after long and careful consideration, we've decided to vacation for the latter part of my husband's business trip in Hawaii. We're bound for Oahu in at the end of May. We'll be spending two weeks there and this thread has given me enough to plan our time there. Wow!! I'll have to print it out.

Michaela ('01)
Emma ('03)
Jordan ('05)
And, my 2 angels, Rose ('08) and Mark ('09)

The Cabbage Patch
Back to Top View KC in TX's Profile Search for other posts by KC in TX

Margaret in MN
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 26 2007 at 8:51am | IP Logged Quote Margaret in MN

Good for you, KC!

My husband read your announcement and said, "They're going for two weeks?!!" He had no right to be jealous, but he was. Hawaii is just that wonderful.

The next post that I do on Oahu (that is to say "about" Oahu, not on the island itself ) will be dedicated to you, dear KC. You're going to have a great time.

Come for Coffee
Back to Top View Margaret in MN's Profile Search for other posts by Margaret in MN Visit Margaret in MN's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version