Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: Brewer diet menus? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Angel
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 28 2006 at 5:48pm | IP Logged Quote Angel

Does anyone who's followed the Brewer Diet have any meu plans they'd be willing to share? Or just some examples of what you ate (are eating) on a daily basis? I tried to follow the Brewer diet for twins when I was pregnant with my last babies, but I relied heavily on supplements to get the recommended amount of protein. I'd like to just *eat* better this time around.

--Angela
Three Plus Two
Back to Top View Angel's Profile Search for other posts by Angel Visit Angel's Homepage

Lisbet
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 29 2006 at 12:54pm | IP Logged Quote Lisbet

I have a folder that I could dig up where I kept track of what I ate during many of my pregnancies. I follow the diet pretty closely.

Did I miss an announcement? Or am I just forgetful?

Abby, 15
Gabe, 13
Isaac, 11
Mary, 10
Sam, 9
Henry, 7
Molly, 6
Mark, 5
Greta, 3
Cecilia born 10.29.10
Josephine born 6.11.12
Back to Top View Lisbet's Profile Search for other posts by Lisbet

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Dec 29 2006 at 1:22pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

Angel wrote:
I'd like to just *eat* better this time around.

--Angela
Three Plus Two

Wait! THIS time around?? Is this a new time around??

About the diet: Eggs, eggs, eggs. I think I ate my weight in free-range organic eggs.Now, of course, I'm worried Karoline was sensitized to eggs and will be allergic. But that's how I got the protein in. And I don't think I got 100 grams ever this time around. Like you, in the past, I relied on supplements--mostly soy powder in smoothie with milk, peanut butter, frozen banana, and whole fat yogurt. I couldn't stomach that this time.

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

Angel
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 29 2006 at 2:31pm | IP Logged Quote Angel

Yes, it's a new time around. It's pretty early yet, so I wasn't sure I wanted to make a big announcement... thought I would just try to slip in quietly . My morning sickness hasn't kicked in yet -- I give it about 2 or 3 more days -- so I can still think about food.

--Angela
Three Plus Two
Back to Top View Angel's Profile Search for other posts by Angel Visit Angel's Homepage

Angel
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 29 2006 at 2:37pm | IP Logged Quote Angel

Lisbet wrote:
I have a folder that I could dig up where I kept track of what I ate during many of my pregnancies. I follow the diet pretty closely.

Lisa,

I'd appreciate it! I think I fall down most when it comes to snacks. It has to be something I can just grab. Breakfast is also a problem, because I don't ever seem to be able to sit down and eat it. I'm always stuffing food in my mouth as I go from one thing to the next.

--Angela
Three Plus Two

KellyJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 29 2006 at 3:49pm | IP Logged Quote KellyJ

Congratulations Angela!

A couple pregnancies ago, I got a great file from the Bradley Method folks: Link to get file

It gives you a chart to record your intake and another one that gives you the protein values for many foods. The file is in Excel and the different pages are in the form of tabs at the bottom of the screen, which I forgot about till I reopened the file this afternoon.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version