Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: When you're always surviving Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Servant2theKing
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 23 2006 at 1:42pm | IP Logged Quote Servant2theKing

Anne, and Sara, this thread has blessed me greatly...the words I posted earlier were meant for my own contemplation, as well as for the sake of others. We are in the midst of helping our only daughter, and our precious granddaughter (who have lived with us for the past six years), as they pack all their earthly belongings and prepare to move hundreds of miles away less than a week after Christmas...my human heart is breaking, but we are also rejoicing because their move is an answer to many, many prayers for them. Only by the grace of God am I able to handle the bittersweet emotions of this time...the lessons God has taught me, throughout a lifetime of surviving and learning to surrender to His Will, are my greatest lifeline right now!

The ups and downs of caring for infants and toddlers eventually give way to different struggles, such as watching our dear ones take flight into lives of their own. As much as you are able, treasure the difficult moments, as well as the joyous ones, and tuck them away in your heart for the day your little ones will no longer need you quite as much! I pray the Lord will bless each of you dear ladies, and your dear children, abundantly!

4 lads' mom, I love the story of FEED MY SHEEP! God is so simple, direct and merciful, especially when we are struggling to hear His still small Voice in the midst of the chaos of life!!!

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 26 2006 at 9:19am | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

Thanks everyone for the great thoughts on this thread. Really what I needed to read. This Advent has been simple survival for me. And a real lesson in relinquishing control. I had a great Advent plan written with crafts and activities and field trips and cooking. And then the worst morning sickness hit - most days just getting off the couch was a major achievement. We did not do most of the things I planned - and the worst was I did not enjoy anything we did as it was such a struggle - and hoped that my kids did not sense this. I like to make sure my kids eat healthy food and that my house is neat and tidy - and even this I could not really do - so I struggled with guilt at first. But it has been a very quiet Advent and Christmas - and I am so grateful that although Christmas Eve was one of my sickest days, I made it to Midnight Mass and it was so beautiful and the kids really loved it.

Thanks again for the encouraging posts.

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

chicken lady
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 26 2006 at 10:06am | IP Logged Quote chicken lady

Marilyn, God bless you, everyone has had such great hings to share with you, I just pray that you realize you are doing such a beautiful job raising little souls. Even when you feel sooooo horrible try to remember that someday you will step away from your "painting" and see it for the lovely piece of Art that it is!
I had 3 in 2 1/2 yrs. and I know the surving feeling well. I have again felt it for the past 10 mos. On good days I try and accomplish something that will make me feel like I'm gaining control again, but mostly I just try to accept that this is who I am for now, and God willing another day will come when I can feel differntly. If not that is OK, (small joke here) I just tell myself I am on this earth to make other mothers feel good about themselves and their homes    
Back to Top View chicken lady's Profile Search for other posts by chicken lady Visit chicken lady's Homepage

rose gardens
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 26 2006 at 2:57pm | IP Logged Quote rose gardens

molly wrote:
...I just pray that you realize you are doing such a beautiful job raising little souls. ... someday you will step away from your "painting" and see it for the lovely piece of Art that it is!

What a wonderful thread, loaded with wisdom! And I like the title: When you're always surviving". Just surviving is okay--especially when we remember one of the options is not surviving.

As molly wrote, mothers do extremely important work. We try to raise godly children, and the devil often attacks us by tempting us to despair. I give into that despair from time to time, but I measure victory by my ability to laugh. While some create works of art, others create comedies. Laugh at the chaos and spills! What we survive somedays is funny!
Back to Top View rose gardens's Profile Search for other posts by rose gardens

SaraP
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 27 2006 at 2:29pm | IP Logged Quote SaraP

Servant2theKing wrote:
Anne, and Sara, this thread has blessed me greatly

Me too . . . I am encouraged and then some!

Sarah
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 27 2006 at 6:19pm | IP Logged Quote Sarah

I feel that I'm always in survival mode. One thing that has been SO SUCH help is a HS teenage girl that comes to just pick up. It took forever for me to call her but she has helped me immensely. Don't be afraid to get help! Just her little touches and a (relatively) picked up house makes me feel more in control.

Back to Top View Sarah's Profile Search for other posts by Sarah

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Dec 28 2006 at 12:34am | IP Logged Quote Erin

Sarah

I remember you considering asking this young lady, so pleased you did and it is working out well

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

Sarah in SC
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 29 2006 at 1:52pm | IP Logged Quote Sarah in SC

Sarah wrote:
I feel that I'm always in survival mode. One thing that has been SO SUCH help is a HS teenage girl that comes to just pick up. It took forever for me to call her but she has helped me immensely. Don't be afraid to get help! Just her little touches and a (relatively) picked up house makes me feel more in control.

Oh, I'm so glad you did this! How are you feeling???? You've been in my prayers!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version