Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: UPDATE Does this sound like a crazy idea? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
TracyQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 13 2006 at 8:24am | IP Logged Quote TracyQ

Chari,
    It sounds like a TON of fun!!! What a memory maker! Be sure to take tons of pictures!

And if you DO stop at Niagara Falls, you could meet the Quebrals! We live about 20 minutes from Niagara Falls (in Amherst, NY). I wish we had a huge home where you could all stay, but we have a tiny home.     But we'd love to meet you and could show you around Niagara Falls if you are driving through!

If you wanted to see the Candadian side of the Falls, you'd need to bring your birth certificates to get over the Bridge (there are several bridges to Canada you can take).

Whatever you decide to do on your trip, it sure will be fun, and if it's something you've dreamed about for a long time, do it! You don't want to be having the *what ifs* running through your mind if you don't do it.

Love,
Tracy

homeschooling in 15th year in Buffalo, NY
Back to Top View TracyQ's Profile Search for other posts by TracyQ

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 13 2006 at 8:00pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

Chari wrote:
Michele, we thought we would hit Getty and then go down to Laureen's at Woodstock (she does not know it yet )........and then hit Philly on our way north from DC........when I was studying the map........it seemed you were out of my way both times.......how far are you from Philly? Or Getty?

I am an hour from Gettysburg and 90 minutes (less depending on where exactly) from Philly. From DC we are about 2 hours.

We could always meet somewhere - like Gettysburg or maybe Emmitsburg and get others to join us. We could have a lovely pilgrimage actually!

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 13 2007 at 12:13am | IP Logged Quote Chari

Cay Gibson wrote:
Chari,
No one ever seems to head way down south.
But the girls and I will be in Kansas in June. When is your trip scheduled? Perhaps we could bump into each other.

Oh, Cay, my heart is ...........what you do NOT know s....the kids and I had already planned a trip out to see you next June......but, we have replaced that with this trip East. We still have plans to come see you.....maybe in 2009???

BTW, anyone know how far it is from Boston to Cay????

We will be in Kansas about the 29th of May.......we will miss you then??    What will you be going there for? A HS convention?

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 13 2007 at 12:18am | IP Logged Quote Chari

Diane wrote:
All that said, we too are planning an 8-week cross-country journey when we move back to the US in late spring (God willing!). I must admit that I am a wee bit more apprehensive about doing it with 6 dc and a pop-up . But deep down I know that it will be worth every pitfall we encounter. And at least all of the signs will be in English.

We're hoping to move to Dayton, OH, and if that happens and if we're settled by the time you take your trip, we'd love to have you stay with us. Rebecca lives in the north off I-80 and we would be in the south off I-70, so theoretically we could cover you both ways. Of course, we may end up back in DC, in which case I'd love to meet up with you there. If you're travelling in May and June, we may just have to wave to each other across the highway. Who knows...maybe the good Lord will bless us with an unexpected meeting at a rest area. I can only hope.

Happy Planning! (I am still months away from that stage. )

Diane, thanks for the encouragement! My dh has said he very much wants me to plan this experience for the kids. I guess I should REALLY get planning! I will be bothering many of you and your knowledge to get this trip planned!

Keep us updated, Diane, with your plans! We will try to meet up with you wherever you are!

I will send my cell phone # as we get closer.

Blessings,

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 13 2007 at 12:22am | IP Logged Quote Chari

CathinCoffeland wrote:

my only suggestion would be to plan in some "flex time and money " for when everyone gets grumpy or tired and you just want to stop at 2 in the afternoon to float in a hotel swimming pool. Id say that we needed one day like taht every trip.

and dont be afraid to throw out a planned activity if everyone is happy sitting around the campfire and enjoying a chat. Some of my best memories come form the "downtime" of a trip not just the planned activiites.

Thanks for the pointers, Maggie! The kids and I have traveled frequently in the last four years for long trips....and these ideas keep us sane and happy! Thanks for the reminders! Oh, except when I visit Robynn on this list....she says I never take DOWN days when I visit her...but make her move, move, move to the next activity    ......at least she is a fun companion!

momwise
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 13 2007 at 3:24pm | IP Logged Quote momwise

Chari...

Don't forget to PM with dates!

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 17 2007 at 5:56pm | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

Chari wrote:

Oh, Cay, my heart is ...........what you do NOT know s....the kids and I had already planned a trip out to see you next June......but, we have replaced that with this trip East. We still have plans to come see you.....maybe in 2009???

Well that breaks my , Chari. You've already been East. Remember, we're desperately trying to up our tourism down here.

Chari wrote:
We will be in Kansas about the 29th of May.......we will miss you then??    What will you be going there for? A HS convention?

Yes, Kansas City around June 15th. I have to check my dates but it's in mid-June.

mom to 5
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 30 2007 at 12:26am | IP Logged Quote Chari

Well............in case you have not noticed .....we actually took this trip. We came home on the 16th of July...57 days on the road.....and would you believe I got home at 6pm only to greet and serve dinner to a family of 7! at 6:30pm!

....followed by brunch for the same the next morning, other company on the next day.......and a week of WESTCOASTFUN camping!

I am exhausted....but the trip was an amazing experience.

I am behind, but some of the trip is posted on my blog........I will be updating as I can.........and adding photos, too.

I met lotsa 4RLers .........and missed others

Anyone coming to/through Northern California.........drop me a pm........I have hospitality waiting, just for you! I will even throw in a nature walk and tea time!

Just thought I would complete the story.....

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 30 2007 at 8:52am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Thanks Chari for updating -- great to hear that you made it home safely and in time to camp/party in NoCal! How I wish I could have met you on your way thru, or at least come and camped in Shasta with y'all -- maybe next year. Dh swears we are NOT going East next year so maybe I can talk him into heading west?????

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

TracyQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 30 2007 at 9:02am | IP Logged Quote TracyQ

Chari,
   I'm one who missed you.     But I'm very happy to know you're all home, safe and sound, and that your trip was a blessing!!! I'm so glad you are able to have this memory now!

homeschooling in 15th year in Buffalo, NY
Back to Top View TracyQ's Profile Search for other posts by TracyQ

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version