Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
We Pray to the Lord
 4Real Forums : We Pray to the Lord
Subject Topic: Update on prayer requests Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 01 2006 at 11:11pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

I don't know how to change the subject line of the previous post to reflect an update so I started a new post for this update.

Thank you all for your prayers. My brother-in-law Mitch is doing very well with his heart transplant. Remarkably so in fact. He is off the vent and will be going to rehab very soon.

Tim's Dad, William, has something called Myelodysplastic Syndrome. He was moved to a rehab/nursing home today and will begin chemo next week. He is not happy and he thinks he will be able to go home in a few weeks but that is VERY unlikely as he cannot take care of himself. Please keep him and Tim in prayer as this is all very tring for both of them. Tim is being very kind and spending all the time he can trying to help his Dad who is a very mean and bitter man. Tim's siblings are being no help whatsoever though his sister Donna IS coming up here from Georgia on Monday to help. She will be staying here which is fine as she will be a help to me as well.

As a matter of fact she could use prayers as well. She is VERY close to converting. Actually that really isn't the correct term in that she was baptized, received communion and was confirmed as a Catholic but her confirmation was at age 8 and she had NO catechesis and her parents stopped even going to Church after that so she has no real memory of even being Catholic. She has been evangelical for years but over the last year has become ever increasingly open and interested in Catholicism and both Tim and I see quite a conversion happening there. Of course it would mean a lot of big changes in her life - opposition from her family , friends etc., so DO pray for her. We have asked her to be the "Christian Witness" at the baby's baptism (since unless she is truly Catholic she cannot be the godmother) and she is positively thrilled by the idea and has even taken to planning everything for the party so that I don't even have to think about it (for which I am ever so grateful!). She truly is a dear woman and both Tim and I felt inspired to ask her this (with our pastor's permission of course). Our oldest son Timothy will be the baby's godfather (with his best Marlon Brando impression no doubt )

Anyway thanks again and keep praying.

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 02 2006 at 7:43am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Michele,

Praying for all concerned....especially for the conversion of your SIL. How wonderful to be able to show her the beauty of the Catholic faith in being part of the Baptism! I'll especially keep her in my prayers.....

Now, go have that baby!

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

Ruth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 02 2006 at 8:43am | IP Logged Quote Ruth

We will continue to pray.

God bless. Ruth

mom to 7 miracles

My family blog

Loreto Rosaries
Back to Top View Ruth's Profile Search for other posts by Ruth Visit Ruth's Homepage

kjohnson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 02 2006 at 9:30am | IP Logged Quote kjohnson

Michele, I will be praying for all of your intentions. The news about your sil is wonderful.

Back to Top View kjohnson's Profile Search for other posts by kjohnson

shartlesville
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 02 2006 at 11:51pm | IP Logged Quote shartlesville

Praying!

Blessings,
Krisann

DGC Kira, Auston, Travis, & Sarah.
My Blog: Isla del Esperanza
Back to Top View shartlesville's Profile Search for other posts by shartlesville Visit shartlesville's Homepage

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 02 2006 at 11:54pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

My dh came home this morning totally dejected. The place his father was taken to is awful. In his words "I can't leave my father there - it feels like a death camp".   We're not sure yet of what we will do but were exploring all the other options we can think of.

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

momwise
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 02 2006 at 11:56pm | IP Logged Quote momwise

Oh no. I will be praying for your family.

Marybeth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 02 2006 at 11:58pm | IP Logged Quote Marybeth

Praying for you all! I am sorry!

Marybeth

Taffy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 03 2006 at 7:18am | IP Logged Quote Taffy

Keeping you all in my prayers Michelle. My father was also not a very pleasant person to be around; I can certainly empathize with what your husband is going through.

I will pray that you are able to find a better nursing facility for your father-in-law.

Back to Top View Taffy's Profile Search for other posts by Taffy

KellyJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 03 2006 at 3:05pm | IP Logged Quote KellyJ

I am praying, Michele.

My grandmother stayed in a nursing home/rehab center in Lititz several years ago before she died (my grandparents lived in Landisville at the time). I *think* the name of it was Brethren Village. My parents seemed pretty happy with it (my mom's a health care professional on the admin. side). I wish I could be of more help; I'm not sure what kind of info my mom might have or be able to get about places in the Lancaster area (she lives in MD). Let me know if I can help though.

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Dec 03 2006 at 5:26pm | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

Michele -

Continuing to pray, adding Donna and finding a better place for Tim's dad.

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 03 2006 at 7:07pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

KellyJ wrote:
I am praying, Michele.

My grandmother stayed in a nursing home/rehab center in Lititz several years ago before she died (my grandparents lived in Landisville at the time). I *think* the name of it was Brethren Village. My parents seemed pretty happy with it (my mom's a health care professional on the admin. side). I wish I could be of more help; I'm not sure what kind of info my mom might have or be able to get about places in the Lancaster area (she lives in MD). Let me know if I can help though.

Thanks Kelly. Brethren Villiage is indeed very nice but it is also beyond Dad's or our means. Our ideal choice for him would be St. Anne's home (Catholic and really very nice) but it too is just not a possibility.

We had thought perhaps there was a possibility he could go home in a few weeks and we would commit to 4-5 times weekly visits, providing meals etc. but after seeing him again today my dh realized that what he needs is assisted living and/or constant care as he cannot even make it to the bathroom by himself anymore.

Thanks again for the prayers.

kristina
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 03 2006 at 8:18pm | IP Logged Quote kristina

Michelle,
These intentions are in my prayers and for your delivery, too!

Blessings,

yesterthoughts
Back to Top View kristina's Profile Search for other posts by kristina

Carole N.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 03 2006 at 8:24pm | IP Logged Quote Carole N.

Oh Michele, I am so sorry to hear of all your trials. I will keep your fil in my prayers. I to have an unpleasant father, a trial to everyone in the family. He has driven everyone off (except for my poor mother). I hope that you can find a nice and suitable place for him to live.

I will also keep the conversion of your sil in my prayers. It is so exciting to be a witness to someone coming home to the Faith. How exciting for you and your family!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version