Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
We Pray to the Lord
 4Real Forums : We Pray to the Lord
Subject Topic: Cindy Mac--He’s Here!Need more prayers Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
MarieC
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Nov 29 2006 at 4:39am | IP Logged Quote MarieC

I missed the earlier posts but I'll sure be praying for you now.

Out in the Orchard
Back to Top View MarieC's Profile Search for other posts by MarieC

Taffy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 29 2006 at 7:06am | IP Logged Quote Taffy

Cindy,

I'll be praying for you and your little one!

Back to Top View Taffy's Profile Search for other posts by Taffy

Carole N.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 29 2006 at 9:01am | IP Logged Quote Carole N.

Praying.

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 29 2006 at 9:07am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Cindy, Thanks for the update! I'm so happy you didn't have to deliver early, but so sorry things are difficult. continued prayers for you!

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Cindy Mac
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 29 2006 at 9:27pm | IP Logged Quote Cindy Mac

Alright, here's the latest. I had a normal reading for my fasting blood draw, but for the tolerance part, all 3 levels were elevated. Bottom line, I now have gestational diabetes. I have to fit in a 3 hour meeting with a diabetic education counselor to talk about diabetes and learn how to take my blood sugar, all of that between the multitude of other doctor's appointments!

Needless to say, I hit a wall of depression today thinking about how this was just the icing on the cake. I'm trying very hard to "die to self" now for the sake of this child. It's most important that he is given the best chance at entering this world with as few problems as possible. I keep trying to remember that this chronic pain will be over in 19 more days.

Thank you again for all of the kind words and prayers. I will keep you updated as I learn more.

Kellys Klassroom Korner
St. Anne's Academy
Back to Top View Cindy Mac's Profile Search for other posts by Cindy Mac Visit Cindy Mac's Homepage

kjohnson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 29 2006 at 10:07pm | IP Logged Quote kjohnson

Oh dear, I'm so sorry to hear this. You will be lifted up in prayer and God will give you the strength you need and what a beautiful gift you will receive in just a little while longer. You're in my daily prayers, Cindy.

Back to Top View kjohnson's Profile Search for other posts by kjohnson

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 30 2006 at 8:42am | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

Cindy -

Praying with you for peace of mind, patience, relief. What a tough time you are and have been having!

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Nov 30 2006 at 9:36am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Oh, Cindy, I'll be continuing to pray for you and this little one.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Cindy Mac
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 30 2006 at 8:13pm | IP Logged Quote Cindy Mac

Thank you all for your continued prayers. My husband and I went for my regular OB appointment this morning, and ended up hanging out at the hospital for about 4 hours. Turns out my BP was running a little high and I was spilling proteing in my urine. The OB set up a non-stress test which showed that the baby was fine, but she still wasn't happy with my BP numbers the second time around.

We went in to the hospital and I was on the monitor for a couple of hours while they did some lab work. Good news is that the labs came back in the normal range, and my BP was down to an acceptable level. However, I have to do a 24 hour urine collection (I get to take my special "jug" with me to my diabetes counseling and bio physical profile appointments tomorrow - oh joy!). If they find that there is protein in my urine at that point my OB said they will deliver me this weekend. I should find out Saturday morning what the verdict is. I'll keep you all posted.

Kellys Klassroom Korner
St. Anne's Academy
Back to Top View Cindy Mac's Profile Search for other posts by Cindy Mac Visit Cindy Mac's Homepage

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Dec 01 2006 at 12:11am | IP Logged Quote Chari

Lots of prayers (Memorares & Rosaries and Mass) coming your way, dear! Hang in there! What gifts of suffering God is sending your way! You CAN do this!!

Thinking of you!

kingvozzo
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 01 2006 at 12:27am | IP Logged Quote kingvozzo

Cindy, I'm so sorry that you've had such a difficult time. Many prayers are coming your way, both for you and that precious little baby!
Cindy Mac wrote:

However, I have to do a 24 hour urine collection (I get to take my special "jug" with me to my diabetes counseling and bio physical profile appointments tomorrow - oh joy!). If they find that there is protein in my urine at that point my OB said they will deliver me this weekend. I should find out Saturday morning what the verdict is. I'll keep you all posted.

I just picked up my "special jug" today for my second 24 collection this pregnancy, and I'm only in week 21 .
I'll offer it up for you!
My youngest was induced at 37 weeks because of protein in the urine, and I did have GD with him as well, and he was perfectly healthy at birth.

Back to Top View kingvozzo's Profile Search for other posts by kingvozzo

4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 01 2006 at 1:59pm | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

You poor thing...I went through a very similiar pregnancy with my first...I also had an abruption at 14 weeks with this little man and gestational diabetes, and pre-eclampsia....he was born at 37 weeks, weighed over 8 pounds and now, 13 years later is my sweet red head, who is the healthiest out of the whole posse. Ahh, even 13+ years ago, I remember the jug, the diabetes class, and staying put on my left side...

Praying for you,

4 Lads' Mom
Back to Top View 4 lads mom's Profile Search for other posts by 4 lads mom Visit 4 lads mom's Homepage

Cindy Mac
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 01 2006 at 9:28pm | IP Logged Quote Cindy Mac

Latest of the latest...

I turned in my orange jug early this evening. My doctor called me and told me that my numbers were at 150 (if they had been between 300-500 she was going to deliver me tomorrow). So she said we would do it at the end of this week when I'm 37 weeks.

I go home, set in my mind that I only have a few more days left. Then about 9:30 I get a call from the hospital. The numbers that the lab tech gave my OB were not the ones she asked for. My numbers were actually 1500!!!. So I now have to be in the hospital at 7am Saturday morning (yes, that would be in 8.5 hours!) and we are having this little dumpling tomorrow!!!!

Thank you for all of your prayers during this difficult time. I'd appreciate them a little longer for my c-section tomorrow morning. After the baby is born I'll have Elizabeth post the news here. Bless you all.

Kellys Klassroom Korner
St. Anne's Academy

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Dec 01 2006 at 9:31pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

We await your news and will be praying especially tomorrow am.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Dec 01 2006 at 9:31pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Wow are we praying, Cindy! Now go and birth your beautiful baby. Love and prayers are with you!

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 01 2006 at 9:32pm | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

Many, Many prayers headed your way, Cindy.
God Bless!

mom to 5
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

kjohnson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 01 2006 at 9:35pm | IP Logged Quote kjohnson

Praying for you and can't wait to hear the news.

Back to Top View kjohnson's Profile Search for other posts by kjohnson

Bridget
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 01 2006 at 9:39pm | IP Logged Quote Bridget

Oh wow. I will be praying.

Back to Top View Bridget's Profile Search for other posts by Bridget Visit Bridget's Homepage

momwats8
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 01 2006 at 9:44pm | IP Logged Quote momwats8

Congratulations on that beautiful baby coming into the world tomorrow and many prayers for you.

http://www.momwats8.blogspot.com
Back to Top View momwats8's Profile Search for other posts by momwats8 Visit momwats8's Homepage

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Dec 01 2006 at 10:46pm | IP Logged Quote Chari

WOW! How exciting! You get to snuggle your little dumpling tomorrow! Praying it all goes well!

<< Prev Page of 5 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version