Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Domestic Church
 4Real Forums : Domestic Church
Subject Topic: easy saints costumes for Nov 1? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
doris
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Oct 30 2006 at 3:54pm | IP Logged Quote doris

So many great suggestions in this thread! Thanks to all!

We have:
St Michael: pillowcase with holes cut in for head and arms (do you get the level of my sewing abilities?); shield made of cardboard and covered in tin foil, with 'St Michael, defend us' printed on; sword from pirate outfit
St Lucy: white dressing-up dress we had already, with orange and yellow tissue paper flames tacked on (because she escaped the fire intact) and carrying a plate of eyes (white tissue paper scrumped up and covered in more tissue paper with black blobs for the pupils)
St Elizabeth of Hungary: as suggested above, dressing-up dress, crown, basket of flowers (again made out of tissue paper).

Elizabeth

amiefriedl
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Oct 30 2006 at 11:02pm | IP Logged Quote amiefriedl

http://www.geocities.com/athene1130/Holy_Garments.html

This girl can sew....

Back to Top View amiefriedl's Profile Search for other posts by amiefriedl Visit amiefriedl's Homepage

anniemm
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Oct 31 2006 at 11:26am | IP Logged Quote anniemm

I'm loving this thread! Thanks for all the great ideas! My girls are 1 and 2 1/2, so I really needed something that didn't cover their heads, as I know they would just be ripping it off. I ended up using my Holy Cards book as a guide and we have St. Agnes and St. Gabriel the Archangel. My 2-year-old is St. Agnes, and I just used an old long sleeve t-shirt I had (in size x-small...I'm not that skinny anymore lol), cut the arms super short to make a tunic and adorned it with gold fabric paint and jewlels. Her headband was made of another old one of mine decorated the same way and to the belt on her tunic, I tied a little lamb purse that she had (since St. Agnes is shown holding a lamb). She looked adorable yesterday at my Familia group's party, but I couldn't get a good picture at all! Maybe tomorrow on All Saint's day I'll get a good one. For my 1-year-old, I converted some dress-up fairy wings to angel wings and made a sign to go around her neck out of christmas trim (for the necklace part) and a purple sheet of foam paper to represent the scroll St. Gabriel is holding in the holy card picture. I wrote "Ave Maria" on there with gold fabric paint, it turned out cute. I got some adorable pictures of her in that one! I was surprised she left it all on!
Anyway, this is such fun! I can't wait to get a sewing machine so I can do something a bit more elaborate next year!

Mama to four little girls (04), (05), (07), (09),& my 1st little guy 11/11
www.hiswillmypeace.com
Back to Top View anniemm's Profile Search for other posts by anniemm Visit anniemm's Homepage

Rachel May
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 31 2006 at 1:15pm | IP Logged Quote Rachel May

MaryMary wrote:
Both kids dress exactly alike with franciscan robe, white gauze around hands (red marker stains for stigmata) white beard, talcum poweder in hair. Guess who they came as?

St. Padre Pio BILOCATING!!!

For sure we are doing this next year, and I'm using that fleece idea for making the robes.   

St. John the Baptist--cheap aluminum serving platter with a neck hole and fake fruit glued around. Add head.

Bl. Jacinta--head scarf, long calico skirt, and a top. Rosary. (This is Cecilia's this year)

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 31 2006 at 1:28pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Rachel May wrote:
Bl. Jacinta--head scarf, long calico skirt, and a top. Rosary. (This is Cecilia's this year)

Good one. St. Bernadette and Maria Goretti would be comething similar...skirt and simple blouse, head scarf.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

kjohnson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 31 2006 at 1:30pm | IP Logged Quote kjohnson

We just finished putting together our costumes for the All Hallow's Eve party tonight. I put them on my blog. Now I'm off to bake 2 dozen cupcakes!

Back to Top View kjohnson's Profile Search for other posts by kjohnson

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version