Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Domestic Church (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Domestic Church
Subject Topic: Scriptural Rosary Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
KC in TX
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 13 2006 at 5:32pm | IP Logged Quote KC in TX

I'm looking for a scriptural rosary book, but there are so many out there. It's hard for me to get to the local Catholic bookstore so I'm trying to order one online. Does anyone use one they love?

Michaela ('01)
Emma ('03)
Jordan ('05)
And, my 2 angels, Rose ('08) and Mark ('09)

The Cabbage Patch
Back to Top View KC in TX's Profile Search for other posts by KC in TX

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Sept 13 2006 at 5:54pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

We are really enjoying this book. It's a huge book and it's just the joyful mysteries with scripture for each Hail Mary. The pictures are gorgeous. We're doing a decade a day and repeating each week and praying that the sorrowful, glorious, and luminous mysteries are soon to follow .

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 14 2006 at 8:27am | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

The Rosary books I use are very inexpensive. They are "Through the Rosary with Fra Angelico" for the Joyful, Sorrowful, and Glorious Mysteries, and then, more recently developed, "Through the Mysteries of Light with Giotto and Fra Angelico." Each Mystery is illustrated by a painting of the events the Mystery celebrates (obviously, a painting by one of those painters). I find this helpful in focusing my meditation. Also, after the Mystery is announced, there is a brief description of that Mystery, followed by the Biblical Citation of the events (not just the information to locate the Citation, but the Scripture passage). Within each Hail Mary, following the words, "blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus ..." is a further comment about Jesus, before going on to complete the Hail Mary. Example: In the Second Joyful Mystery, first Hail Mary, "Hail Mary, ..., and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus, who dwelt for nine months in your womb. Holy Mary,...." Again, for me, this helps keep my focus on the Mystery.

I have seen these books at many Catholic book stores. The website printed on them is www.albahouse.org.
They cost less than $4 each.

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

momtomany
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 14 2006 at 8:44am | IP Logged Quote momtomany

We really like this one , Speak Lord. Beautiful watercolor illustrations too.

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Sept 14 2006 at 1:04pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Those pictoral rosary books look lovely, Elizabeth and Mary Ann. When I read this request I thought of a different type of book, one I'm reading now and really enjoying - The New Rosary in Scripture by Edward (Ted) Sri. It has a really nice actual scriptural rosary in it, but mostly it is a book written to explain more indepth the scriptual context and historic background that are the basis for each mystery of the rosary.

In general it is a great explaination and apolgetics book on the rosary as reflective of scripture. Sri is an engaging writer and offers great insight.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

KellyJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 14 2006 at 4:51pm | IP Logged Quote KellyJ

I like this one put out by Christianica: http://www.amazon.com/Scriptur al-Rosary-English-Christianica/dp/0911346163/sr=1-1/qid=1158 270507/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-0619659-2884117?ie=UTF8&s=books

I don't know if this is one with the Luminous Mysteries. My copies are pre-luminous; but, the Luminous are available. (It might be a supplement; but, I am pretty sure it is part of the book.)

It is handheld size. The artwork in the (much) older ones is very nice. I don't know how they are in the ones that include the Luminous.

KC in TX
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 15 2006 at 10:26pm | IP Logged Quote KC in TX

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Elizabeth, I've seen the one you suggested and it is beautiful. I wish they had one for all the mysteries.

Michaela ('01)
Emma ('03)
Jordan ('05)
And, my 2 angels, Rose ('08) and Mark ('09)

The Cabbage Patch
Back to Top View KC in TX's Profile Search for other posts by KC in TX

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Sept 18 2006 at 1:40am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Here's another one I forgot to mention earlier. Rosary Album illustrated by Michael Buccino. It has older style black and white drawings for each bead (obviously does not include Luminous Mysteries). It's beautiful and great for kids because it does have a picture for each bead.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version