Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Elegant Simplicity in Learning Spaces Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Helen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Aug 24 2006 at 5:56am | IP Logged Quote Helen

Just a reminder to send me your links or pictures of your learning spaces this week. I'll be trying to get the fair up by Monday. I have an email address listed at my blog or you can use the pm.

Visit Elizabeth's Real Learning for more information.

We don't need to be perfect. I think the idea is to collect organizational ideas, shelving tips, your book case set up, ideas that help with the toddlers.

You don't need a blog. If you would send me your ideas in paragraph form that would be great. Pictures are an added bonus. Just let me know!
Thanks in advance.

Back to Top View Helen's Profile Search for other posts by Helen Visit Helen's Homepage

Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 25 2006 at 6:09am | IP Logged Quote Dawn

Hi Helen,

I'm sure you'd probably like our posts sooner rather than later, but would it be all right if I send you my learning room post sometime tomorrow? (It's taking me longer than I'd hoped to get this post up!)

Back to Top View Dawn's Profile Search for other posts by Dawn

Helen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 25 2006 at 6:31am | IP Logged Quote Helen

No problem Dawn.
I am experiencing the same sort of problem. I am delighted about this Fair because it has really put some motivation into these old bones. For me, I'm discovering more work in my room than I cared to admit.

I was wondering if maybe we could all have an extension of time? A day or two more? Would anyone else benefit from this suggestion? Otherwise, I'm fine for Monday.

Back to Top View Helen's Profile Search for other posts by Helen Visit Helen's Homepage

Louise
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 25 2006 at 7:09am | IP Logged Quote Louise

Helen wrote:
No problem Dawn.
I was wondering if maybe we could all have an extension of time? A day or two more? Would anyone else benefit from this suggestion? .

Oh, Yes!   I would love to participate but could use a little more time.   

Back to Top View Louise's Profile Search for other posts by Louise Visit Louise's Homepage

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Aug 25 2006 at 8:32am | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

Hmm...we could move it to the following Monday and then slide the Bedrooms to the one after that. I think the Bedroom hostess might be grateful . Let's hear from Kim and Helen before making it official...

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

Helen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 25 2006 at 9:01am | IP Logged Quote Helen

I would be very happy to host the fair the following week. It's been very helpful to have this motivation. Postponing a week, gives me a few days to work on the organizing and then some more time to actually post about it.

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 25 2006 at 9:13am | IP Logged Quote Meredith

I'm good with whenever!! Thanks so much for doing it Helen, I PM'd my post to you, let me know if you did not receive it!

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 25 2006 at 9:35am | IP Logged Quote Dawn

I can do whenever too. I just had planned to get my post up today and I don't think I'll have it up till late tomorrow. I wasn't sure how late was too late for you, Helen. (I'm still working on the "learning spaces" as I type! )

Cheryl
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 25 2006 at 9:35am | IP Logged Quote Cheryl

I'd like more time. My room is just about ready, but I haven't had time to take pictures or post yet because the dc are sick. I might be able to do it tonight, but I'd rather not rush.

Back to Top View Cheryl's Profile Search for other posts by Cheryl Visit Cheryl's Homepage

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 25 2006 at 11:51am | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

Oh, yes! A day or so more would be perfect! I plan on getting the room in final order today, but I've so much else to do to get ready for school to begin on monday that I am sure I will not have time to post about it today. Oh, and my dd's first football game half-time show is tonight! So, my night is full, too!

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

Sarah
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 25 2006 at 12:53pm | IP Logged Quote Sarah

I'll be finishing up my post this weekend. Is that too late. Did we move it? Helen, I think it helps if you give a definate day that you want the posts by (they'll still trickle in) but then we can really target ourselves.

What day?

Back to Top View Sarah's Profile Search for other posts by Sarah

Kristin
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 25 2006 at 5:59pm | IP Logged Quote Kristin

A week from Monday is PERFECTLY FINE with me!!!    Will be looking for what the target date is for receiving the posts so we can do our best to respect you and your time, Helen! Thanks for doing this!!!         

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Aug 26 2006 at 6:20am | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

I'm not ignoring you; I'm waiting for Kim. If we move the Learning Spaces one, we need to move the bedroom one. I have a hunch it's fine with Kim; I just haven't confirmed. let me give her time to get the milking done and then I'll call.

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Aug 26 2006 at 8:59am | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

Now it's official. Learning Spaces on September 4th and Bedrooms on the 11th. Then Living Rooms on the 18th. That's three weeks in a row. Plan now!

Sarah
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 26 2006 at 9:07am | IP Logged Quote Sarah

Great! Thanks Elizabeth, Helen, and Kim. . .

Back to Top View Sarah's Profile Search for other posts by Sarah

Helen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 26 2006 at 9:13am | IP Logged Quote Helen

Sarah and Kristin asked for a target day for submitting posts, how about the Saturday before?
Let's say September 2nd.

Alice R
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 26 2006 at 9:20am | IP Logged Quote Alice R

Oh Good!
We wil be cleaning out our learning area this weekend so now I'll have plenty of time to join in!

Uh, you don't want to see my bedroom-let's just say it is not very elegant and it is a pile of clothes with a bed jammed in there.   

Alice R

Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 26 2006 at 5:52pm | IP Logged Quote Dawn

Thank you Helen, Kim and Elizabeth. Definitely more do-able for me, too.

Angel
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 26 2006 at 10:24pm | IP Logged Quote Angel

Oh, good. We've been rushing to get the house in order for my inlaws' visit tomorrow, but I've been working so hard I don't have time to post about anything I've done! I also still have to figure out exactly what materials I'm going to start with.

--Angela
Mom to 3+2
Three Plus Two
Wild Things
Back to Top View Angel's Profile Search for other posts by Angel Visit Angel's Homepage

Helen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 31 2006 at 7:56pm | IP Logged Quote Helen

I'm beginning to organize the posts that have been sent in to me. I thought it would be more interesting if I introduced each entry with an educational quote. As I began to look through a book of quotations, I thought it would be easier and a better fit
if the person provided their favorite educational quote.

So, if it is not too much to ask, would you also include an educational quote with your submission? I can easily help by looking something up in this book - that's the way I found my quote for my entry .

Page of 2 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version