Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Lissa Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
JSchaaf
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 01 2006 at 4:06pm | IP Logged Quote JSchaaf

Is it a reality? Are you packing up and heading West? I doubt your cross-country adventure will take you down into South Texas, but if it does you are more than welcome to stay here a couple of days to rest and recharge. You and the little ones can have the big comfy bed and your big girls can bunk with mine.

Just let me know!
Jennifer
Back to Top View JSchaaf's Profile Search for other posts by JSchaaf

Lissa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 01 2006 at 6:17pm | IP Logged Quote Lissa

Oh, Jennifer, thank you! That's awfully kind. I was looking at our route and wondering what 4Real friends we might pass along the way...because yes, he's taking the job. Everything happens fast from here....

My head is still spinning. But this morning my 2nd daughter received her first Communion and the baby was baptized. Today is the feast of Bl. Junipero Serra, which I had noted this morning without really paying attention. Imagine how my heart thumped when the priest began his homily with a story about his trip to SAN DIEGO last year when he visited the mission established by Bl. Junipero. I hadn't talked to this priest about our plans yet...He spoke about Bl. Junipero's travels and how he was so full of joy in the gospel that he couldn't help sharing it wherever he went. The homily ended with these words, which are still ringing in my ears:

"Like Bl. Junipero, we too are sent forth to—through our lives and occasionally through our words—share our joy with others."

My heart is very full right now.

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 01 2006 at 6:49pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

Wow! Talk about getting a sign from God!LOL! That is so cool! Good luck and Godspeed!

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: July 01 2006 at 6:56pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

How cool!

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

Bridget
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 01 2006 at 8:41pm | IP Logged Quote Bridget

Oh, thats so beautiful! How wonderfully it worked out to have those sacraments done now before the move.

Back to Top View Bridget's Profile Search for other posts by Bridget Visit Bridget's Homepage

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: July 01 2006 at 8:47pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

That is really neat. Bl. Junipero Serra's life is remarkable - it will be so neat for you to be able to have the mission history be such a "real" part of your homeschooling in Southern California.

And if you choose I-70 as your path you'll have several 4 Real friends in Colorado who would be happy to visit with you - though I-40 is probably quicker. Do you still have family in Aurora to visit?

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Leonie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 01 2006 at 10:46pm | IP Logged Quote Leonie

oOh, congratulations on the FHC and baptism!

And the move.

Lissa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 02 2006 at 4:48am | IP Logged Quote Lissa

MaryM wrote:
That is really neat. Bl. Junipero Serra's life is remarkable - it will be so neat for you to be able to have the mission history be such a "real" part of your homeschooling in Southern California.

And if you choose I-70 as your path you'll have several 4 Real friends in Colorado who would be happy to visit with you - though I-40 is probably quicker. Do you still have family in Aurora to visit?

Yes, and one of the options we're discussing is my driving the kids to visit my parents after the house sells, even though it would be out of our way (as you say, I-40 is the more direct route), just to break up the trip, give the kids a rest. We could stop there for several days. Too bad about the timing--I'm missing my 20th high school reunion in two weeks! Ah well...

If we do go the Denver route, I'll be sure to let you know! I was looking at the two routes (detour to Denver or straight to San Diego) on the map & wondering how many 4Real friends are on the way...

BrendaPeter
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 02 2006 at 6:50am | IP Logged Quote BrendaPeter

Hi Lissa,

That is so cool about Blessed Junipero Serra! We lived in San Diego for 2 years (95-97) and had the opportunity to visit one of the missions so I have a special place in my heart for Bl. Junipero.

I don't dare tell my dh that someone I "know" is moving to San Diego as it's his favorite place in the U.S.! The weather is truly paradise-like! What will your dh be doing, job-wise? My dh is a physician & he realized very quickly that in order for him to find a job there he'd have to do lots of general medicine vs. his specialty since there's a "glut" of physicians. It's just an amazingly popular place to live - for obvious reasons!

Will you be moving away from family? Our moves are always so bittersweet. We'll be praying for all of you!

Brenda (mom to 6)
Back to Top View BrendaPeter's Profile Search for other posts by BrendaPeter

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 02 2006 at 7:24am | IP Logged Quote Erin

Lissa,

I was thinking and praying for your family at Mass this morning. That all went well for the FHC and baptism. Pleased to hear it did.

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 02 2006 at 9:24am | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

Erin wrote:
Erin, dh David
Chiara(93)Dominic(95)Xavier(97)Malachi(99)Mariah(01)Gabriell e w'God (03)Genevieve(04)Baby (Overdue)

Tick-tock! Tick-tock!

Sorry, Erin, I couldn't help myself.

mom to 5
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 02 2006 at 10:20am | IP Logged Quote Meredith

Well, if Idaho is in the cards, we'd love to host you here!! What an exciting time, big prayers coming your way!!! It certainly sounds like divine intervention to me

Congratulations to your dh on his new adventure/job as well!! Take care, thinking of you...

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 02 2006 at 4:03pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

Lissa wrote:
Too bad about the timing--I'm missing my 20th high school reunion in two weeks! Ah well...

So Lissa, have you got to pack and move, say good-bye to all your friends etc in just two weeks? I thought you were going on behind, staying to sell up first.

Cay Gibson wrote:
Erin wrote:
Erin, dh David
Chiara(93)Dominic(95)Xavier(97)Malachi(99)Mariah(01)Gabriell e w'God (03)Genevieve(04)Baby (Overdue)

Tick-tock! Tick-tock!

Sorry, Erin, I couldn't help myself.

Cay,

Have to admit the 'overdue' was dh's doing.
You know I know this is irrational but I've moved on now. I was ready to have a baby last week, didn't happen, well I'm planning other things. I have decided he/she can stay there, maybe in two weeks I'll be ready again, but, I'm busy now. I'm reading your 'Literature Alive' and asking myself questions about twaddle and clutter on my bookshelves. Like Lissa's blogs at the end of my pregnancy I have my 'project', I told dh I now understand how Lissa was at the end and why she went blog mad

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

Lissa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 02 2006 at 4:36pm | IP Logged Quote Lissa

Erin wrote:
Lissa wrote:
Too bad about the timing--I'm missing my 20th high school reunion in two weeks! Ah well...

So Lissa, have you got to pack and move, say good-bye to all your friends etc in just two weeks? I thought you were going on behind, staying to sell up first.

Whoops, I didn't explain that very well, did I? LOL. I grew up near Denver and THAT'S where the reunion is that I'll be missing in two weeks. It's just too bad about the timing since I might be in the Denver area in the near future anyway, depending on how long it takes the house to sell. We definitely won't be there as soon as two weeks!

LOL on your post-term declutter frenzy! What a pity I didn't channel my own past-due restlessness into decluttering instead of blogging!!!

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 03 2006 at 8:36am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Lissa wrote:
But this morning my 2nd daughter received her first Communion and the baby was baptized. Today is the feast of Bl. Junipero Serra, which I had noted this morning without really paying attention. Imagine how my heart thumped when the priest began his homily with a story about his trip to SAN DIEGO last year when he visited the mission established by Bl. Junipero. I hadn't talked to this priest about our plans yet...He spoke about Bl. Junipero's travels and how he was so full of joy in the gospel that he couldn't help sharing it wherever he went. The homily ended with these words, which are still ringing in my ears:

"Like Bl. Junipero, we too are sent forth to—through our lives and occasionally through our words—share our joy with others."

How wonderful! I read in the <i>Magnificat</i> his quote about his mission in San Diego, and I thought of you....of all his work, that was highlighted. How neat!

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

KC in TX
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 03 2006 at 9:08pm | IP Logged Quote KC in TX

Good luck on your move, Lissa. I know how difficult moves can be and you've probably been in your home for a while. I'll pray for a safe journey, quick sale of the house, and you all finding a great house in California.

Michaela ('01)
Emma ('03)
Jordan ('05)
And, my 2 angels, Rose ('08) and Mark ('09)

The Cabbage Patch
Back to Top View KC in TX's Profile Search for other posts by KC in TX

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version