Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
 4Real Forums : Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
Subject Topic: 4Real Forum Closing-Join us on Facebook Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Aug 20 2016 at 2:02pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Dear members,
The 4Real Message Board will be moving to a Facebook group! You can join us at any time for discussion by clicking this link and requesting to join the new 4Real Facebook group.

This message board will be closed on August 31, 2016. After that date, the board and all of the threads here will no longer be accessible. We are currently working on a way to preserve the archives here at 4Real and will announce news on our new Facebook page.

We would love to continue conversations with all of you at Facebook! Please do let friends of 4Real know about our move. We hope to see you there!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Capsela
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Aug 22 2016 at 10:44pm | IP Logged Quote Capsela

I'm sad it's leaving but I will admit FB is easier for me to remember to visit

Kelly
Back to Top View Capsela's Profile Search for other posts by Capsela

Aagot
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 23 2016 at 8:55am | IP Logged Quote Aagot

Sad but expected. I hate facebook. Will miss the forums.
Back to Top View Aagot's Profile Search for other posts by Aagot

pmeilaen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 24 2016 at 8:03am | IP Logged Quote pmeilaen

How can people access the archives if you are not on Facebook?

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Aug 24 2016 at 10:01am | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

I don't know the answer to this question since we don't have a plan or home for the archives yet. Our first priority is to find a home for the archives. From there, we will try to figure out how to make that accessible. It is also possible that the timeline for all of this will play out so that announcements will be on the facebook group. In other words, these forums will close and disappear on August 31. After that date, our online home will be the facebook group linked above and that is where all announcements will be for the foreseeable future.

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

pmeilaen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 24 2016 at 10:50am | IP Logged Quote pmeilaen

Thanks.

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 26 2016 at 7:18pm | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

So very sad. (though not unexpected)

This forum has had so much history and friendship and kindness - like being round a big dinner table with good friends, sharing births and deaths, parenting tips and dinner tips, a place of faithful prayer warriors, and lots of fun.

Time moves on, life has its seasons....I will always remember this little place on the web and so many of you friends with fond thoughts.

I don't even have facebook, consider it sometimes, but find it so difficult to just be still and find silence in our noisy world, that I am not sure it would be a good thing for me in this season of life....

Love to all of you.

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

stellamaris
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 29 2016 at 9:30am | IP Logged Quote stellamaris

I'm sorry to see the forums close, but I know most people are more comfortable with fb these days. I have closed my fb account, but I am wondering is there a way to just access 4Real and nothing else on fb?

Flowing Streams
Back to Top View stellamaris's Profile Search for other posts by stellamaris Visit stellamaris's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Aug 29 2016 at 9:41am | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

What you see on your fb feed is really up to you, Caroline. You can certainly set your feed to only notify you of 4Real group notifications, but they'll still slide things in your feed that they (fb) THINK you'd enjoy seeing. And of course, you'd need to go into your settings and make yourself as invisible as possible to searches, but that is definitely possible.

Hope that helps! And hope to see you there if you decide to reactivate your fb acct!

onthelane
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Jan 31 2017 at 9:50am | IP Logged Quote onthelane

So sorry this place has closed....we have a very challenging life and this was always a place that I would find encouragement and support....grew so much in my faith and as a hs'ing mom....

Like others, FB is simply not an option. Too many groups (ie.church, hs'ing grps,family)ask whether we are on FB and I don't want to lie just to have access to certain things.

Several people I know have gotten off of FB - for their own well-being - and I understand why.

It's a shame that this forum can no longer function as it's original purpose....

God bless all of you who kept it going for so long...it was definitely an Apostolate....

I've missed you...
Back to Top View onthelane's Profile Search for other posts by onthelane

Mary Fifer
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 03 2021 at 11:37am | IP Logged Quote Mary Fifer

'Just testing to see if this will post, wondering if this wonderful forum could be revived. I so understand, and signed up to the FB group.

I totally missed the closing announcement!

I, too, benefited hugely being in this group. So many great discussions about curriculum and books....

A happy Easter to anyone who sees it, if it posts.

Mary

Saint Anne's Helper for Catechism Class

Back to Top View Mary Fifer's Profile Search for other posts by Mary Fifer Visit Mary Fifer's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version