Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Cindy Rollins blog, "Ordo Amoris" closing Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Aug 11 2014 at 12:28pm | IP Logged Quote CrunchyMom

Cindy Rollins just posted that she will be closing her blog completely (as in, it will be gone!!) at the end of the week.

I took the opportunity to clip into Evernote some of my favorite references like her posts on Raising Sons, her series of posts on Morning Time, her "Literature of Honor" lists for boys and little boys, and her book club posts for Norms and Nobility and Charlotte Mason's books so I can still have them as a companion when I read them myself!

Just wanted to give a heads up so that others could attempt to save some posts they might have book-marked and reference themselves. I am not sure why she is closing the blog entirely and not leaving it as a reference , but there it is, so clip while the clippin' is easy

[URL=http://mysymphonygarden.blogspot.com/]Lost in the Cosmos[/UR
Back to Top View CrunchyMom's Profile Search for other posts by CrunchyMom

pumpkinmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 11 2014 at 3:14pm | IP Logged Quote pumpkinmom

It's such a shame that she is completely closing it down. Many wonderful references will be lost!!

I haven't started using Evernote yet, but this would be the perfect reason to start. I don't have the time to figure it out this week though!

Back to Top View pumpkinmom's Profile Search for other posts by pumpkinmom

Amber-v
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Aug 11 2014 at 10:57pm | IP Logged Quote Amber-v

Oh wow, thanks for the heads up. I haven't been reading blogs much as of late and probably would have missed it otherwise. Her blog has been transformational for me - I'm sad that she's taking it down.

MomTo8
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Aug 14 2014 at 7:48pm | IP Logged Quote MomTo8

Thank you so much for letting us know! I have been clipping away today. There is so much I want to have on file.
Back to Top View MomTo8's Profile Search for other posts by MomTo8

Anneof 5
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 5:33pm | IP Logged Quote Anneof 5

Thanks for sharing! I didn't know the name had changed a while back so haven't seen it in quite a while. Just saw this today and I wish there was more time to absorb all of her great thoughts and information. Very sad to hear it won't be kept online but I guess that is her choice.
Back to Top View Anneof 5's Profile Search for other posts by Anneof 5

Anneof 5
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 21 2014 at 9:13am | IP Logged Quote Anneof 5

I tried to save several of her articles and now I see that I didn't do it correctly (totally inept techy here )So I only have a couple that I printed out. If anyone would be willing to share anything they saved I would be most grateful! Just send me a PM.
Thanks!
Back to Top View Anneof 5's Profile Search for other posts by Anneof 5

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 21 2014 at 9:42pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

Anne

Just pmed you. Also Cindy is adding lots of her posts to a condensed version of her blog Morning Time Moms

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version