Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Introductions 2014 Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
divinagrace
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 9:20am | IP Logged Quote divinagrace

Hello Ladies,

I hope it is okay that I start this topic here, since I didn't see one in the permanent "pink area".

My name is Divina, but I am not really new here. I was fairly active in this community from 2007-2009, reading other members' blogs and occasionally coming to the forums.

But then I had a baby (to add to our two kids), moved four times, and had another baby ... and I sort of fell out of the loop.

Now that I would like to re-engage in this community again, a lot of the members that I once "knew" are no longer here. I see a few changes that have occurred ... new (to me) members, new moderators, organized categories. It all looks great!

All this to say is that I would like to get to know some members. Please let me know if you have a blog so I can add you to my blog roll and I can stop by.

Thanks and have a great day!

Back to Top View divinagrace's Profile Search for other posts by divinagrace Visit divinagrace's Homepage

SallyT
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 9:42am | IP Logged Quote SallyT

Hi Divina! Welcome back!

I'm Sally, married since 1990 to Ron, who's a theology professor at Belmont Abbey College in North Carolina. My children are A/20/girl, J/16/boy, B/11/boy, and R/10/girl. My husband is a former Episcopal priest; we were received into the Catholic Church in 2007, after a long and frequently agonizing discernment process. Once we were in, though, we never looked back.

A is a junior in college; J, in 10th grade, is increasingly taking classes at Belmont Abbey; the youngest two are home full time with me. We have been homeschooling since 2003, when we moved back to the US from the UK, where my husband did his doctoral work. A was 9 at the time, and it was a bumpy transition all around, but almost 11 years later, here we are.

I do have a blog, which is in my signature below, but it's pretty much inactive at this point. My second blog is devoted to my developing high-school humanities curriculum, and I do some group-blogging at Things and Thoughts..

Again, welcome back!

Sally

Martha
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 10:04am | IP Logged Quote Martha

Hiya!

I'm Martha. Married 21 years to my high school sweetheart and have 7 sons and 3 daughters. I blog somewhat infrequently these days and it has no purpose at all. It's a record of curricula used, thinking out loud, shoddy digital diary/scrapbooking, and whatever else strikes my fancy when I remember I have a blog and should probably add something to it.

Back to Top View Martha's Profile Search for other posts by Martha Visit Martha's Homepage

4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 1:01pm | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

Hi Everyone! I’m Diana...yes, I used my real name I have four boys and one tiny girl who sort of thinks she rules the roost....and a lot of times she does
I’ve been homeschooling forever, my kids have always been home educated, with my oldest two graduated and in college (and doing really well) on down to Lily who is six. So...it is pretty crazy busy but I love it.

My blog is in my signature line. Thanks for adding! Nice to “see” you, Divina!

4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 1:04pm | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

Divina, back to say, your blog is lovely! Great idea to feature your fav picture books...great photos and such! Thanks for sharing.

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 2:13pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Divina, Welcome back! I hope to see many more conversations this year! I am enjoying your blog and happy to add it to my Feedly!

I have two boys, 10 and 6, and we've been homeschooling since the beginning. I mainly use Charlotte Mason and Montessori approaches at home, but lately because of health problems it's been more unschooling. I was recently diagnosed with HOCM and had open heart surgery on December 12, but I know I've been dragging for much longer before this!

I've been blogging for many years, but I'm not a daily or paid blogger. My main blog is in my signature, and I've just recently started blogging a weekly post at Catholic Culture on the Liturgical Year. It's one of my favorite areas to discuss, so it's nice having an outlet to just write on things that are swirling in my mind.

Again, welcome back, and thanks for starting the Introductions thread for this year.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 3:41pm | IP Logged Quote guitarnan

Hi Divina and everyone!

I'm Nancy and I play guitar. This is year 11 of what was supposed to be a two-year temporary homeschooling adventure. I should have known that the Good Lord had another, much better plan! Homeschooling works very well with our crazy Navy/Irish dance life.

My son is 21 and away at college. I miss him terribly - 600 miles is a long way away - but he's where he wants to be. My daughter is 16; she dances pretty much every day, and we have to work very hard to balance school and dance.

I do blog, but not about homeschooling. I write about Senior and Baby Boomer travel. I love my job except when I don't have time to give it the attention it deserves. I love having a reason to write about all the wonderful churches and shrines we visit on our travels, and it's fun to share travel tips and ideas with everyone.

LLMom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 21 2014 at 6:28am | IP Logged Quote LLMom

I am Lisa, mom to 7 (23 down to 8) I have homeschooled for 18 years, but now I have put all but one child in Catholic school. I blog mostly at Rest for the Weary a blog for veteran burnt out moms, moms considering school, and former homeschooling moms.

Back to Top View LLMom's Profile Search for other posts by LLMom

krygerzoo
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Jan 21 2014 at 6:49am | IP Logged Quote krygerzoo

Hi, I'm Katherine and this year I'll celebrate my 25th wedding anniversary to my high school sweetheart I'm a momma to three girls ages 6 mo, 12, 16 and boys 5, 8, 14 (and my oldest son would be 19 now. We didn't always homeschool and it was because of this special guy that we decided to give it a go).

I don't blog... I can barely keep up with homeschooling, chores, and sports! But I do love photography, painting, writing, volleyball, and depending upon my mood - sewing!

We've been known as the Krygerzoo for years and this is the first time we've not had ANY animals!! Weird... so I guess it is all about the indoor zoo!

I haven't posted too much over the years but this is always my "go to site" for my homeschooly questions/concerns!

God bless!

4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 21 2014 at 7:08am | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

Katherine!!!!!! I can't believe that's YOU!! Dear Friend, big hugs!! What a happy thing to see you here. I never put two and two together.

krygerzoo
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Jan 21 2014 at 7:34am | IP Logged Quote krygerzoo

Oh, Diana... you are sooo funny! And yes, I'm the same Katherine that comments on your blog... thought I'd connect those dots for ya, too! heehee

We do need to get together IRL more, though!!

divinagrace
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 2:08pm | IP Logged Quote divinagrace

Thank you all ladies for introducing yourselves. I look forward to being a little more active in this community once again!

Back to Top View divinagrace's Profile Search for other posts by divinagrace Visit divinagrace's Homepage

Shari in NY
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 01 2014 at 1:33pm | IP Logged Quote Shari in NY

Thanks for starting this, Divina. I,too, have been gone for awhile and have been reading posts here regularly for a couple weeks and have wondered how to jump back into the discussion.
We are wrapping up senior year for the twins and I am thinking ahead to next year when it will just be K and me! It will be so very different homeschooling just one!
My blog has been inactive for two years but maybe I'll start up again. Assuming I can remember my blogger password
It's good to be back!
Back to Top View Shari in NY's Profile Search for other posts by Shari in NY

4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 01 2014 at 1:59pm | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

Nice to “see” you, Shari!!

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Feb 01 2014 at 9:52pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

I am enjoying the thread and seeing some members active in the past step back into the forum conversations. Thanks for getting the "Introductions 2014" thread started, Divina. And I think it is a good thing for any current members to join in and do the re-intros, too. Our lives have all changed since we first joined here anyway. Back then all my kids were still at home. Like Shari, after this year I will only be homeschooling one - it will certainly be different.

I have been married to dh for 28 years. We have 4 children. THe oldest has been out of college a few years, is recently married and lives out of state. Number 2 recently graduated from FUS and is back working locally and living at home. Our only daughter is finishing her senior year. Youngest is 8th grade. This forum has been a real source of support and inspiration during my last 9 years of homeschooling - that is why I am still here.

So if you are new, if you have been lurking, you're are coming back, or you have been around awhile, this a great time to step in and introduce yourself.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

KellyB
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 10:29pm | IP Logged Quote KellyB

Hello!
I have enjoyed this forum for a while now, and decided to join so I might share in conversation with you from time to time. I live in Wisconsin with my family - a wonderful husband and two boys, 8 and 5.

Thank you!
Kelly
Back to Top View KellyB's Profile Search for other posts by KellyB

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 10 2014 at 5:57am | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

Welcome, Kelly!

I have a girl, 9, and a boy, 11. It's always great to have a new member- hope to hear from you often!

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

Booksnbabes
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 10 2014 at 8:41am | IP Logged Quote Booksnbabes

Welcome, Kelly!

SallyT
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 10 2014 at 10:10am | IP Logged Quote SallyT

Welcome!

Sally

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 11 2014 at 1:32am | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

Welcome, Kelly!! Can't wait to chat with you!

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

Page of 2 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version