Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Domestic Church
 4Real Forums : Domestic Church
Subject Topic: Catholic Mosaic arrived Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Courtney
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 22 2006 at 1:48pm | IP Logged Quote Courtney

Just got it in the mail! I can't wait to really sit down with it! Just it time to really plan my next year! Thanks, Cay!

Back to Top View Courtney's Profile Search for other posts by Courtney

KC in TX
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 23 2006 at 2:02pm | IP Logged Quote KC in TX

I just got mine today!!! Yea. I can't wait either. Thank you to Hillside for wrapping the book in plastic.

Michaela ('01)
Emma ('03)
Jordan ('05)
And, my 2 angels, Rose ('08) and Mark ('09)

The Cabbage Patch
Back to Top View KC in TX's Profile Search for other posts by KC in TX

afranciscan
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: May 24 2006 at 3:56pm | IP Logged Quote afranciscan

I was so excited to get my copy on Monday!! Cay I read your blog regularly and have recently joined this forum. I feel like I know your family!

I'm deciding to wait until September to start Mosaic so I can run with the new school year fervor that seems to arise at that time. I want to really make the most of it with all the extras! Right now we are just ready to spend a couple months at the lake/pool/mountains/garden!

I'm glad to be onboard with your labor of love though. I'll be collecting the books through the summer.

Jennie Lou
Back to Top View afranciscan's Profile Search for other posts by afranciscan Visit afranciscan's Homepage

momtomany
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 27 2006 at 8:56am | IP Logged Quote momtomany

It's wonderful! I can't wait for the new school year to start it!
It has lots of old favorites and some exciting books I've never seen.
Thanks, Cay!!! Great job!

And Margot, my friend, for publishing it!

margot helene
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 31 2006 at 7:54am | IP Logged Quote margot helene

Hey Mary Ann!
Your welcome!!! It was a delight to work on. (Well, maybe with a few headaches :-)

You know, Cay has a "mosaic class" where she reads the book with the children and does the activities. I was thinking it might be fun for your (our) group to do that some month. One of my favorites in the Mosaic is a book we found while putting it together: A Gift of Gracias. It is about a Marian feast day celebrated in the Dominican Republic based on an apparition of Our Lady. AND it has to do with oranges. The feast day is in January and it would neat to read the story, with its warm and bright colors, in chilly January while eating and doing some activities with oranges.

There is so much in Mosaic!!!!
Margot
Back to Top View margot helene's Profile Search for other posts by margot helene Visit margot helene's Homepage

Natalia
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 31 2006 at 11:00am | IP Logged Quote Natalia

margot helene wrote:

A Gift of Gracias. It is about a Marian feast day celebrated in the Dominican Republic based on an apparition of Our Lady. AND it has to do with oranges. The feast day is in January and it would neat to read the story, with its warm and bright colors, in chilly January while eating and doing some activities with oranges.

Is that La Virgen de La Altagracia? I am from the Dominican Republic. If I remember correctly the icon appeared on an orange tree. I didn't know there was a book about it. I have to look that up.

Regarding Mosaic, I got it but haven't had a chance to enjoy it yet.

Natalia
Back to Top View Natalia's Profile Search for other posts by Natalia

momtomany
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 01 2006 at 1:41pm | IP Logged Quote momtomany

margot helene wrote:
Hey Mary Ann!

You know, Cay has a "mosaic class" where she reads the book with the children and does the activities. I was thinking it might be fun for your (our) group to do that some month. One of my favorites in the Mosaic is a book we found while putting it together: A Gift of Gracias. It is about a Marian feast day celebrated in the Dominican Republic based on an apparition of Our Lady. AND it has to do with oranges. The feast day is in January and it would neat to read the story, with its warm and bright colors, in chilly January while eating and doing some activities with oranges.

There is so much in Mosaic!!!!
Margot

Sounds like a great idea, Margot! We are trying to kind of flesh out our group activities for the year, at least some kind of an outline. January would be a great time for something warm, and we are always excited to learn of new apparitions of Our Blessed Mother!

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 10 2006 at 6:12am | IP Logged Quote Erin

Just wanted to share my exciting news!! My Catholic Mosic has arrived Cay it is lovely I can't wait to dive in.

My Mosaic arrived just as we were leaving on holidays, so just imagine Cay one of your books on holidays in Coolangatta on the Gold Coast of Queensland.

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 10 2006 at 7:50am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Erin wrote:
so just imagine Cay one of your books on holidays in Coolangatta on the Gold Coast of Queensland.
... so this makes Catholic Mosaic an "international bestseller", doesn't it?    I told you it was a great resource!

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

margot helene
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Oct 10 2006 at 10:10pm | IP Logged Quote margot helene

So glad you finally got it Erin!!! What a trick it was getting it down there . . . but now there will be an unlimited supply thanks to Fountain Resources.

Enjoy!!
Many Blessings
Margot
Back to Top View margot helene's Profile Search for other posts by margot helene Visit margot helene's Homepage

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 14 2006 at 6:24am | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

I HAVE to laugh Cay! I had been anticipating Catholic Mosaic for so long that I thought to myself, "On that day, the girls on the forum will HEAR me Yahoo!!"

It did arrive very recently but I was soooo sick that day with a migrain (very unsusal) that I could hardly look at it and certainly couldn't bring myself to post here!

Well, I have just had my Catholic Mosaic themed book look for Anna at Fountain Resources in the city of Brisbane and I had a wonderful turn out with so many Catholic Mosaic picture books being sold (and of course Mosaic itself} and now that it is at the end of this day I can finally say, "Yahooooo!" on behalf of Catholic Homeschooling mums in Brisbane instead!

Of course it really is wonderful, a real credit to you - thank you for giving this to the Catholic families around the world - we are looking forward to Advent with great anticipation!

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 15 2006 at 9:55pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

aussieannie wrote:

Well, I have just had my Catholic Mosaic themed book look for Anna at Fountain Resources in the city of Brisbane and I had a wonderful turn out with so many Catholic Mosaic picture books being sold (and of course Mosaic itself} and now that it is at the end of this day I can finally say, "Yahooooo!" on behalf of Catholic Homeschooling mums in Brisbane instead!

Anne
Been wanting to know how your book look went. What did the Brisbane mums think of the Mosaic? Were they as excited as you? did many of the picture books sell? What was the response?

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 15 2006 at 11:39pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

erin wrote:
Anne
Been wanting to know how your book look went. What did the Brisbane mums think of the Mosaic? Were they as excited as you? did many of the picture books sell? What was the response?

It went wonderfully and orders are still trickling in. They obviously love it because I sold approx $3,700 worth of books - mainly Mosaic picture books and the Mosaic itself too. Some girls have bought the Mosaic immediately with books and others are buying Mosaic books first in bits and pieces with the outlook of getting Mosaic once they are convinced of how good these books will effect their children - and so there is bound to be more women yet to embrace CM.

I think my excitment borders on madness (well I thought so until I met you and other ladies from this forum ) I have now justified my madness - but ladies are keen to use it with their children, they love the books and I believe many are keen to get going with this great resource very, very soon!

So a wonderful response to say the least! I don't think there could have been a Catholic shop in all of Australia that had the amount of books I displayed on Saturday, there was all my house's worth and then all the boxes Anna sent.

I firmly believe that it is good to get other women excited in this way - they are sure to see the fruits of these books - this resource book in particular - in their children's future lives.

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 15 2006 at 11:42pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Just wanting to add - Cay, the other recommended books in Mosaic are wonderful too - I have just been so surprised at these new books that I have seen for the first time - needless to say, my husband (with my mother's generous support) graciously doubled my intended budget for our own children - we have many pleasant months (and years) ahead.

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 16 2006 at 6:27am | IP Logged Quote Erin

Anne

What a fantastic success!!!What picture books were the most popular?

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 16 2006 at 4:30pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

St Nicholas books from the Catholic Mosaic seemed to feature in most girl's orders.

The Weight of a Mass

The Princess and the Kiss

Tomie dePaola's books of all kinds.

Love is.. was quite popular too.

I suppose the December Mosaic List were popular as women wish to start with the New Liturgical Year.

I had one father who pulled me aside and had me recommend which book from each month to buy (which he did) so that his wife can get underway for the whole year and continue to do the same each year (buy another book for each month) so it was great to see the father's input (there was another two father's who was also ordering)

The traditional books recommended from Mosaic were also liked, "A Child's Rule of Life" and "When Jesus came to my House" these are such lovely, tender books.

A few really like, Father Phillip tells a Ghost Story.

Not only were the books from the 52 book list popular but also the other recommended books in each month.

Yesterday some ladies were talking about approaching their parish priest (the Brisbane Latin community) to see if they could get a children's book library going - stocking it with these types of picture books as well as Catholic reading novels for children - they have quite a few big and young families attending - would be nice to see parishes support the godly formation of their young parisheners in this way.

This book look was bigger than last year with more women finding out about it and wanting to attend - they see it as their yearly splurge on good books - they don't often get the chance to see them in the flesh to make good, prudent choices, so I really like the idea of a 'yearly' thing because women are unlikely to say, "I'll go to the next one in a few months time" taking away the great excitement of it and also they take alot of preparation and work before hand and afterwards as well - lots of fun though, just something you only cope with once a year.

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 17 2006 at 12:19am | IP Logged Quote Erin

aussieannie wrote:
Yesterday some ladies were talking about approaching their parish priest (the Brisbane Latin community) to see if they could get a children's book library going - stocking it with these types of picture books as well as Catholic reading novels for children - they have quite a few big and young families attending - would be nice to see parishes support the godly formation of their young parisheners in this way.

Funny I have been wondering about approaching our PP about something like this myself.

You put so much preparation into preparing for this I am pleased to hear that it went well.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version