Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Living Learning
 4Real Forums : Living Learning
Subject Topic: Easy Peasy Homeschool Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Bethany
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 12 2013 at 1:07pm | IP Logged Quote Bethany

While clicking around last night, I came across Easy Peasy Homeschool. I had never heard of this and it's quite interesting. She created it so her children could work independently and everything would be planned out. Also, everything she used is free! There is a lot to look through, but I've already found websites and resources I knew nothing about.

If your trying to homeschool economically, or just want some fun supplements, check it out.

CSBasile
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: April 12 2013 at 2:47pm | IP Logged Quote CSBasile

Wow--what a resource! She put a lot of time into creating that. Thank you for sharing it. I'll be using it to supplement some of the stuff we are doing now and perhaps refer to it when creating a plan for summer.
Back to Top View CSBasile's Profile Search for other posts by CSBasile

roomintheheart
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 12 2013 at 2:47pm | IP Logged Quote roomintheheart

Wow! That is amazing.
Back to Top View roomintheheart's Profile Search for other posts by roomintheheart

AmandaV
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 16 2013 at 5:50pm | IP Logged Quote AmandaV

seriously amazing. I think I'm going to use this as my review for my two olders, or when I'm working with other.

wife since 6/03, Mom to son 7/04, daughter 2/06, twin sons 6/08 and son 7/11, son 1/2014
Back to Top View AmandaV's Profile Search for other posts by AmandaV

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 16 2013 at 6:44pm | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

Looks like a real treasure trove.

God bless her for sharing it with us all

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

mariB
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 17 2013 at 5:47am | IP Logged Quote mariB

Thank you for sharing that link...what a Godsend for our family..thank you..thank you!

Back to Top View mariB's Profile Search for other posts by mariB Visit mariB's Homepage

Bethany
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 17 2013 at 1:57pm | IP Logged Quote Bethany

Oh, you're welcome!!! I just knew it would be very helpful. My older girls have already done one of the activities she links to on the NPS website about steam powered locomotives and the expansion of the railroads. They really enjoyed it. I'm also doing some of the Get Ready activities with my two youngest. I'm actually thinking of using her science as written later this year because everyone could do it together (and I always love that!).

Bethany
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 17 2013 at 2:07pm | IP Logged Quote Bethany

Ok I just had to come back and link to something I just found through her website. It's called Nature Sound for Me and it's really fun. You choose different sounds you like and the strength of the sound and it puts them all together. I just made a rainy, beach day with an owl and cicadas in the background. My girls will LOVE that.

monica4patience
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: April 17 2013 at 2:51pm | IP Logged Quote monica4patience

What an awesome site! I've been looking for a computer tech course and it looks like she has what I've been looking for.
Back to Top View monica4patience's Profile Search for other posts by monica4patience

mamaslearning
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 23 2013 at 4:26pm | IP Logged Quote mamaslearning

Thank you for posting. Lots of great ideas here!

Back to Top View mamaslearning's Profile Search for other posts by mamaslearning

JuliaT
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 25 2013 at 8:59pm | IP Logged Quote JuliaT

Yes,thank you for sharing this, Bethany. We have been using it all week for English and it is a success here.

MusingsofaPrairieGirl
Back to Top View JuliaT's Profile Search for other posts by JuliaT

mariB
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 26 2013 at 5:39am | IP Logged Quote mariB

Bethany, I am so excited about Easy Peasy and the new link you put up! I am using mostly Easy Peasy now along with some living books,Teaching Textbooks for math, and Baltimore Catechism and our own religious materials. Although, I must say Xtramath is great for drilling math facts for my 3rd grader!

Back to Top View mariB's Profile Search for other posts by mariB Visit mariB's Homepage

Bethany
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 26 2013 at 1:41pm | IP Logged Quote Bethany

Has anyone thought of a way to organize the neat things you find on there. With only 1 computer, 3 school aged kiddos, and 2 more who love it too, I just can't envision us being able to use it as she intended. Are you all? I've though of printing the English work, but she links to a lot of fun games also. Haven't quite figured out how to make it work smoothly for us. Any ideas?

roomintheheart
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 26 2013 at 2:37pm | IP Logged Quote roomintheheart

Hmm, some thoughts--

A Kindle Fire or tablet might be worth the investment if you use the whole curriculum. They are a lot less expensive than buying books for all your kids, and of course an be used every year.

I think if you copy things into a Word document, and print everything that can be printed, they could work from the paper source and then go online and visit the links all at once when the computer is free.

That's it, that's all I've got.
Back to Top View roomintheheart's Profile Search for other posts by roomintheheart

Bethany
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 26 2013 at 3:33pm | IP Logged Quote Bethany

Yeah, after I wrote I thought about the iPad. I could always put a link on it to the website at whichever grade. Then I also remembered a neat idea I read about in an unschooling book where the mom set up a personal/private blog for her children. So I'm thinking that might be a neat idea to use to give easy access to the frequently used sites like Xtramath.

Speaking of, I just used that for the first time with my oldest today and wow! I can see that being really useful. She's having a hard time with her multiplication table, but that is the neatest drill site I've seen. Also, it's fairly calm. I have one daughter who is really bothered by countdown clocks and big buzzers, so I think this might be less intimidating to her.

mariB
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 27 2013 at 5:42am | IP Logged Quote mariB

Yes, we are fortunate to have kindle fire and ipad along with computers. I will have my little one read off of her kindle fire. We print out the spelling lists but we don't print off all that much...maybe the timeline pieces for history. Right now, our 3rd grader is doing science and classifying animals and we printed out the lap book pieces. I love how she incorporates art and music and thinking into the school week.

Our highschoolers are very independent and work on their classes on their own computers.
I do agree on how calm xtramath is. My kids do not like buzzers and countdown clocks either.
I think that the main reason I like easy peasy is that it is very easy to use and covers a lot of ground. We've been home schooling for 16 years and this is by far my favorite thing we've done. I learn along with the kids. I go into the sites for high school and do the lessons first before they do. I really enjoy it. I especially love the Georgia Virtual Learning classes!

Maggie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 29 2013 at 7:57pm | IP Logged Quote Maggie

Thank you for this great resource! I am blown away by her suggestions!!

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 30 2013 at 12:13pm | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

I'm impressed...

mom to 5
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 30 2013 at 1:33pm | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

Yes, there are a lot of good links for history sites, sites that teach foreign languages, art , etc... and all free.   

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version