Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Domestic Church
 4Real Forums : Domestic Church
Subject Topic: Do you teach religion as a family? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
DominaCaeli
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 06 2011 at 10:55pm | IP Logged Quote DominaCaeli

kristinannie wrote:
Can you guys recommend any other books from Neumann Press? I hate to just order one book. I am looking at Saints for Boys, Saints for Girls, Catholic Stories for Boys and Girls and Angel Food for Boys and Girls. I am open to any and all suggestions! Thanks!

That's funny--I just asked this question in another post: Neumann Press books - suggestions. I have the Angel Food and the Catholic Stories sets, but I'm looking at the Saints for Boys and Saints for Girls that you mentioned--my kids love saint stories. Manners in God's House also looks really good, and it has been recommended several times. My only wish is that the Neumann Press books weren't quite so expensive so that I could get them all!

Mommy to six: three boys (8, 4, newborn) and four girls (7, 5, 2, and 1)
Back to Top View DominaCaeli's Profile Search for other posts by DominaCaeli

kristacecilia
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 07 2011 at 7:03am | IP Logged Quote kristacecilia

Mackfam wrote:
kristinannie wrote:
Can you guys recommend any other books from Neumann Press? I hate to just order one book. I am looking at Saints for Boys, Saints for Girls, Catholic Stories for Boys and Girls and Angel Food for Boys and Girls. I am open to any and all suggestions! Thanks!

I'm not sure you can go wrong with any of the Neumann Press books! They're all fantastic reprints of classics. My favorite Neumann Press books for the ages you have would be:

Manners in God's House
Jesus and Mary
I Believe
Their Hearts Are His Garden
All of the A Story of... books.

We love the Angel Food series by Father Brennan!

I second all these books! We have most of them and really love them for this age. I am holding off on the Angel Food series until we start with the Catechism #2 and then we'll use them along with the Catechism.

Wife to a great guy, mom to two boys ('04, '06) and three girls ('08, '10, '12!)

I blog at http://kristacecilia.wordpress.com/
Back to Top View kristacecilia's Profile Search for other posts by kristacecilia

kristinannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 07 2011 at 10:19am | IP Logged Quote kristinannie

DominaCaeli wrote:
kristinannie wrote:

That's funny--I just asked this question in another post: Neumann Press books - suggestions. I have the Angel Food and the Catholic Stories sets, but I'm looking at the Saints for Boys and Saints for Girls that you mentioned--my kids love saint stories. Manners in God's House also looks really good, and it has been recommended several times. My only wish is that the Neumann Press books weren't quite so expensive so that I could get them all!

I actually just saw that post!      I agree that I wish they were a little cheaper so I could afford more!!!

Katherine Elizabeth 8 months
Back to Top View kristinannie's Profile Search for other posts by kristinannie

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version