Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Living Learning
 4Real Forums : Living Learning
Subject Topic: Attention Bloggers! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
dani
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 14 2007 at 9:56am | IP Logged Quote dani

Hi!

I'm new here. So many thoughtful and interesting posts/blogs to read!!! If only I had more time in my day. *smile*

My blog is Artful Thoughts and it's at:
http://dani3d.com/blog/
Back to Top View dani's Profile Search for other posts by dani

donnalynn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 14 2007 at 1:39pm | IP Logged Quote donnalynn

+
Back to Top View donnalynn's Profile Search for other posts by donnalynn

donnalynn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 14 2007 at 1:50pm | IP Logged Quote donnalynn

+
Back to Top View donnalynn's Profile Search for other posts by donnalynn

Karen E.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 14 2007 at 2:09pm | IP Logged Quote Karen E.

donnalynn wrote:

One of my goals is to figure out how to arrange my sidebar - I just keep reading the directions and hope a light will turn on in my brain
(

Donna,

It's easier than it seems at first.

From your Blogger dashboard, you should see the word "Manage:" and from there you can be click on Posts, Settings, or Layout. Click on Layout.

Click on "Add a Page Element" to add any number of things.

To rearrange your page elements, just click and drag things where you want them. For example, if something is in the right sidebar, but you'd rather have it at the bottom of your blog, you can drag it down there.

Click on the blue "Preview" button above the layout to see what your changes look like before you save them.

Is this making any sense?

Visit my blog, with its shockingly clever title, "Karen Edmisten."
Back to Top View Karen E.'s Profile Search for other posts by Karen E. Visit Karen E.'s Homepage

Diane
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 18 2007 at 11:27am | IP Logged Quote Diane

Although I'm still not posting anything new these days, I want to let you know that I've moved my blog over to Wordpress. I started with Typepad because I thought I would need the hand-holding (and I do), but ever since my dd started a private blog with Blogger, I've been wondering why I am paying for Typepad. Blogger seems just as easy. So many of you said such good things about Wordpress, especially about importing a Typepad blog, that I decided to give it a try.

I set up a new blog there on Friday, and somehow my dh and I were able to transfer all of my blog, having almost no idea what we were doing. I'm not completely satisfied with the new look, but it will do for now. I was going to wait to announce it here---since there are no new posts---but Alice left a new comment this weekend and I realized it would not be transferred. So, here's the new link...

The Journey of a Mother's Heart

I'm going to be closing my Typepad account soon. Is there an easy way to redirect readers to the new link if they go to the old one? (I really do know next to nothing about the technical aspect of all of this.)

I'm hoping this change will motivate me to carve some time into my schedule for blogging without letting it consume me. Surely, even in the midst of visitors, a vacation, a trans-Atlantic move, schooling, cooking, cleaning, blah, blah, blah..., I can find a few moments to write. Right?

I really miss it. Mostly because I really miss all of you.

Back to Top View Diane's Profile Search for other posts by Diane Visit Diane's Homepage

nissag
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 18 2007 at 11:39am | IP Logged Quote nissag

It looks great Diane! Of course you can find time to write! I like writing best in the wee hours before the children get up. I'm still working on it!

At Home With the Gadbois Family

Back to Top View nissag's Profile Search for other posts by nissag Visit nissag's Homepage

Karen E.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 18 2007 at 2:56pm | IP Logged Quote Karen E.

Diane wrote:
s Is there an easy way to redirect readers to the new link if they go to the old one?

Michele Quigley once sent me instructions once on how to do this -- it may be somewhere in this very thread. I'll try to find it for you, Diane!

Visit my blog, with its shockingly clever title, "Karen Edmisten."
Back to Top View Karen E.'s Profile Search for other posts by Karen E. Visit Karen E.'s Homepage

Diane
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 18 2007 at 6:03pm | IP Logged Quote Diane

Karen E. wrote:
Diane wrote:
s Is there an easy way to redirect readers to the new link if they go to the old one?

Michele Quigley once sent me instructions once on how to do this -- it may be somewhere in this very thread. I'll try to find it for you, Diane!

Well, I hope you didn't go through the whole 16 pages like I just did...it's not there. Lots of great blogs to peruse though.    And I did find Michele's instructions for redirecting to a new blog here at the bottom of the page.

Thanks for your help, Karen. You have an excellent memory and are always willing to use it to help a friend.    Now if I can just figure out how to edit my template...

Back to Top View Diane's Profile Search for other posts by Diane Visit Diane's Homepage

Diane
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 18 2007 at 6:10pm | IP Logged Quote Diane

nissag wrote:
It looks great Diane! Of course you can find time to write! I like writing best in the wee hours before the children get up. I'm still working on it!

Thanks, Nissa. My problem is that I like writing best in the wee hours after the children go to bed...and then I'm (not so good) the next day. I've made the decision that I will only blog if it enhances my vocation rather than detracts from it. There must be a way...I've just got to find it.

marysjoys
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: March 18 2007 at 8:09pm | IP Logged Quote marysjoys

Diane,
I struggle with that same problem, I'm certain all homeschool blogging moms do. One of my solutions is that my phone time and TV time are almost nil. My distant friends read my blog, and I get my entertainment and news from the internet.
I can't say I manage my time perfectly, and that the house hasn't suffered a bit, but I do think my blog helps to spread the Gospel to many more people a day than I could any other way. I constantly point out to my girls how their example through what we share of our home life, including our struggles with living authentic Catholicism, can inspire others.
Our lifestyle as Catholic homeschoolers is so radically different, just our daily routine can be a revelation, for example; some good Catholic mom out there who doesn't understand why her children aren't absorbing Catholicism as she had hoped, may read our stories and decide to homeschool.

Matt 5:16 ". . .your light must shine before others that they may see your good deeds and glorify your heavenly Father." I found this quote via the Online Concordance

The The Apostolate for Family Consecration director, Jerry Conniker, always said that the strongest families have reached out to help others in the faith. My 2 blogsCause of Our Joy and Causa Nostrae Laetitiaeare my small apostolate.
Sometimes, I feel the burning of the Holy Spirit when I write, and, as Eric Liddel said in Chariots of Fire "God made me for a purpose(ie his missionary work, our motherhood vocation) but He also made me fast, and when I run I feel His pleasure". Sometimes I feel that when I write.

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 27 2007 at 11:05pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

Just wanting to announce that I have moved my blog to blogger I am so happy, blogging is no longer this nightmare, it can do functions that I want and it is so quick and easy to do so you can find me here Seven Little Australians
Well its in my signature too

Donna,
How are you going working out your blog?

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

joann10
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 29 2007 at 9:13pm | IP Logged Quote joann10

We have a blog. I hope that this will be linked with my signature. I am very new at all of this.
Back to Top View joann10's Profile Search for other posts by joann10

joann10
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 29 2007 at 9:15pm | IP Logged Quote joann10

I am sorry. I guess I don't know how to make a link. Maybe when someone has the time they can tell me how to do it.

joann10
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 29 2007 at 9:18pm | IP Logged Quote joann10

Trying one more time before I go to bed.

Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 29 2007 at 9:39pm | IP Logged Quote Maryan

Joann -- almost!

These are the directions in "forum codes" -- type what I've written and it will become a link on your signature. Or for that matter, you can just copy it and paste it in your signature. And just so you know -- I disabled the codes just so you can see what to type -- so that's why it didn't become a link when I typed this:

[URL=http://www.tenkidsandadog.blogspot.com]Ten Kids and A Dog[/URL]

Back to Top View Maryan's Profile Search for other posts by Maryan

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: March 29 2007 at 9:44pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Joann,
Here it is. Ten Kids and a Dog If you hit quote in the box where you are reading this you'll see the code used. Just cut and paste it into your sig line box.

Or...
the info is on the "Edit Profile" section. In the area where it talks about "signature" there is a link on the left that says "Forum codes." If you click on that it has the codes under the "Images and Links" section.

Looking forward to reading about your life with 10 kids and a dog!

[Edited: Oh, I see Maryan psoted while I was writing - she's too quick! and much smarter than me - I don't know how to disable the code.]

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

joann10
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 30 2007 at 8:34am | IP Logged Quote joann10

Hopefully, thanks to Maryan and Mary M. , my new signature will work properly.

My 11dd Laura wants everyone to know that she came up with our blog name. I asked everyone to come up with an idea and hers was certainly the best. Congratulations to Laura.

Thanks for your help ladies.

joann10
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 30 2007 at 8:36am | IP Logged Quote joann10

and again....

joann10
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 30 2007 at 8:36am | IP Logged Quote joann10

Ta...Da....

Matilda
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 30 2007 at 2:10pm | IP Logged Quote Matilda

The link works! You have a beautiful family, Joann.

Maybe this is a silly question, but is there an official blog roll somewhere? Where might I find it? Or is this thread it?

(My blog is in my signature.)

Waltzing Matilda
Back to Top View Matilda's Profile Search for other posts by Matilda

<< Prev Page of 19 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version