Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Living Learning
 4Real Forums : Living Learning
Subject Topic: Notebookingpages.com Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 14 2011 at 3:33pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

I came across this site through a couple of different sources this week:www.notebookingpages.com

Does anyone use these? I am wondering if it would be worth it to me to become a member. We don't do any notebooking, or consistent narrations. This year has been very un-schooly. My kids do math, and read, read, read.

My thought with these pages is to use them as my "check boxes" to track who has studied what. Kind of making sure of at least a general knowledge with the various topics she has available. Obviously, I don't "need" her pretty pages, but I won't get myself organized to follow-through with this idea without them. I think the kids would be more motivated, especially the ones who like workbooks and pre-made projects.

Help me out here. I am hesitant to make any more purchases because I have so much on my shelves that I don't use. So, talk me into it or talk me out of it! LOL!

(forgive me if this has been discussed here, I haven't been around in a while! )

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

seeker
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 14 2011 at 3:36pm | IP Logged Quote seeker

ooh Jen (mackfam) does. I know I've seen her reference them in other threads. I'll be looking for what she says about them. I've been thinking about joining, too!
Back to Top View seeker's Profile Search for other posts by seeker

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 14 2011 at 4:47pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

I use them a lot. I didn't get a membership because I had already bought most of what I needed before that option came out, but it does seem like a good deal if you are just starting out. I also use Notebooking Nook a lot.
I guess I don't understand why you would want the membership if you don't plan on using the pages?

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

kristacecilia
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 14 2011 at 6:13pm | IP Logged Quote kristacecilia

I haven't purchased a membership yet, but I can see myself doing so in the future as I have more children to do notebooks. I recently purchased the general nature study notebooking pages and the bird bundle of pages. We are really enjoying them. I had purchased them with my 7 year old in mind- he was wanting some direction for a nature study notebook and they seemed to be exactly right. He was having such a good time with them that I ended up having to put a second book together for my 5 year old because he wanted one, too!

I actually blogged about it here. We are still using the notebooks everyday and loving the pages. My only complaint so far has been that several birds I felt should be included with the North American birds set were not. Oh well.

We will continue using them for our weather study coming up and then also our plant/botany study after that. The boys love them. They never could get into just sketching nature pictures for a journal.

Wife to a great guy, mom to two boys ('04, '06) and three girls ('08, '10, '12!)

I blog at http://kristacecilia.wordpress.com/
Back to Top View kristacecilia's Profile Search for other posts by kristacecilia

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 16 2011 at 3:06pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

lapazfarm wrote:
I use them a lot. I didn't get a membership because I had already bought most of what I needed before that option came out, but it does seem like a good deal if you are just starting out. I also use Notebooking Nook a lot.
I guess I don't understand why you would want the membership if you don't plan on using the pages?

My original post wasn't very clear. I meant that we currently don't do much in the way of notebooking or written narrations. I would certainly *hope* that I would use the pages if I paid for a membership!

I think what I am asking is how you use these pages as opposed to just giving the kids a notebook or main lesson book, etc. Do you arrange your learning around the pages, or go in search of pages to fit what you are doing?

Hearing why and how others use the pages may help me determine if my children and I will be inspired or it will just be another great idea that I don't follow through with. (Obviously, I have my own issues to deal with here, in general. )

Thanks for the input and putting up with my flakiness!

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 16 2011 at 3:22pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

teachingmyown wrote:
lapazfarm wrote:

My original post wasn't very clear. I meant that we currently don't do much in the way of notebooking or written narrations. I would certainly *hope* that I would use the pages if I paid for a membership!

I think what I am asking is how you use these pages as opposed to just giving the kids a notebook or main lesson book, etc. Do you arrange your learning around the pages, or go in search of pages to fit what you are doing?

Hearing why and how others use the pages may help me determine if my children and I will be inspired or it will just be another great idea that I don't follow through with. (Obviously, I have my own issues to deal with here, in general. )

Thanks for the input and putting up with my flakiness!

Ah! I see now!That makes sense!

I find pages to match whatever we are studying, rather than planning around the pages. For instance, when we were using the book Wildlife in Woods and Fields (by Arabella Buckley) I pulled pages from the bird set, the basic nature set, and the wildflowers set, as well as some from other sources to meet our needs.
This does require a bit of pre-planning, but I try to stay a week ahead with printing up pages we will need for the week.
The nice thing about having them handy is if we do go "off plan" it is really easy to just print up a page quickly to suit what we are doing.
Also, the basic notebooking and basic nature pages are super-handy to have because they can be used for just about anything.

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

mama2many
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 17 2011 at 2:57pm | IP Logged Quote mama2many

maybe I should start a new thread, because I have been interested in this site as well, but am totally at a loss as to WHAT notebooking is...

I'm sure I've asked this before, but my brain is broken!

M (12/00)
J (12/01)
K (6/06)
J (7/08)
A (7/10)
C (11/12)
My Clones in Action

Back to Top View mama2many's Profile Search for other posts by mama2many Visit mama2many's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: May 17 2011 at 7:51pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

teachingmyown wrote:
I came across this site through a couple of different sources this week:www.notebookingpages.com

Does anyone use these? I am wondering if it would be worth it to me to become a member. We don't do any notebooking, or consistent narrations.

We do make use of many of the printables from www.notebookingpages.com. They make pretty and sometimes themed pages for copywork. Each of my children enjoys selecting special pages for their copywork selections. We do collect our copywork pages in a notebook. Sometimes we collect work (maps, copywork, poetry, illustrations, etc) in a notebook that follows a certain theme. I'm not sure if that is *notebooking* though.

This thread -- Describe Your Notebooks -- has an explanation of how our family uses www.notebookingpages.com as well as notebooks in general.

We are not members because like Theresa, we purchased the pages we used before they offered that option.

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

MamaFence
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 18 2011 at 2:38pm | IP Logged Quote MamaFence

Mackfam wrote:
teachingmyown wrote:

Does anyone use these? I am wondering if it would be worth it to me to become a member. We don't do any notebooking, or consistent narrations.

We do make use of many of the printables from www.notebookingpages.com. They make pretty and sometimes themed pages for copywork. Each of my children enjoys selecting special pages for their copywork selections. We do collect our copywork pages in a notebook. Sometimes we collect work (maps, copywork, poetry, illustrations, etc) in a notebook that follows a certain theme. I'm not sure if that is *notebooking* though.

This thread -- Describe Your Notebooks -- has an explanation of how our family uses www.notebookingpages.com as well as notebooks in general.

We are not members because like Theresa, we purchased the pages we used before they offered that option.

Thank you for linking that thread...all this has given me hope for trying this again next year. I read about the idea once, and tried to start it, but foung myself not keeping up.

DD 7yr (11.04)
DD 5yr (6.06)
DS 3yr (6.08)
DS 2yr (11.09)
Back to Top View MamaFence's Profile Search for other posts by MamaFence

seeker
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 18 2011 at 9:33pm | IP Logged Quote seeker

Do you think the membership is worth it for a second grader and a preschooler?

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version