Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Blog Q&A: RSS feeds, reading w/ Bloglines Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 06 2006 at 5:59am | IP Logged Quote Dawn

I got my Bloglines up and running this morning ~ with dh's help *and* thanks to Lissa's excellent instructions!

Back to Top View Dawn's Profile Search for other posts by Dawn

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 06 2006 at 6:38am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Lissa -- this is so cool! Thanks for being the blog-guru and helping us all with it.

How's that baby doing?

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

Lissa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 06 2006 at 7:54am | IP Logged Quote Lissa

Mary G wrote:
How's that baby doing?

Still enjoying her snug little nest, I guess!

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 06 2006 at 8:46am | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

I have noticed on some people's typepad blogs that the book links they have are linked to Amazon under the ID name of sixapart (the Typepad owners). I noticed because this is one of those things I couldn't figure out how to change until Lissa told me how to do it. If you have Amazon book links and your ID isn't there you aren't getting the referral fees if someone buys the book...Typepad is.

To fix it just go into the Control Panel, click the Profile tab and scroll down to the Miscellaneous Information section and enter your Amazon ID. If you don't have an Amazon ID, get one - those referral fees can add up! But if you don't want to get an Amazon ID, you are certainly welcome to use mine.

God bless!

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

Rebecca
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 06 2006 at 10:17am | IP Logged Quote Rebecca

MicheleQ wrote:
I have noticed on some people's typepad blogs that the book links they have are linked to Amazon under the ID name of sixapart (the Typepad owners). I noticed because this is one of those things I couldn't figure out how to change until Lissa told me how to do it. If you have Amazon book links and your ID isn't there you aren't getting the referral fees if someone buys the book...Typepad is.

Thanks so much for this tip, Michele! I just registered for Amazon associates and I think it is all set up.
Back to Top View Rebecca's Profile Search for other posts by Rebecca

Lissa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 06 2006 at 11:54am | IP Logged Quote Lissa

MicheleQ wrote:

To fix it just go into the Control Panel, click the Profile tab and scroll down to the Miscellaneous Information section and enter your Amazon ID. If you don't have an Amazon ID, get one - those referral fees can add up! But if you don't want to get an Amazon ID, you are certainly welcome to use mine.

Bahahaha! Hey, there go all my kickbacks!

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 06 2006 at 12:00pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

Meredith wrote:
Me too!! Thanks Michelle!!

Now about those tags??? Lissa, do you just right click on all your technorati tags and insert?? How many correlate to your typepad categories?? Thanks so much, I'm working on widgets too

FYI Meredith your links are still coming up as sixapart. You might just need to republish...hopefully you don't need to redo all those links.

God bless!

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

Christine
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 06 2006 at 1:09pm | IP Logged Quote Christine

I use Amazon text links on one of my websites. When I click on them, they no longer show my id. It comes up as a regular looking page (i.e. like when you search for something on Amazon). Should my links be showing the i.d.?

Pretty Lilla Rose
Back to Top View Christine's Profile Search for other posts by Christine Visit Christine's Homepage

Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 06 2006 at 1:17pm | IP Logged Quote Dawn

Wow, this all sounds intriguing!

Where do I find my Amazon I.D.? Is it the long number (17 digits) in my browser when I am on the Amazon website?

Where do I sign up for Amazon Associates?

What are referral fees? Are they applied to future Amazon purchases?

Thanks!

Christine
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 06 2006 at 1:18pm | IP Logged Quote Christine

Go to the Amazon homepage, scroll to the bottom and click Join Associates.

Pretty Lilla Rose
Back to Top View Christine's Profile Search for other posts by Christine Visit Christine's Homepage

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 06 2006 at 8:16pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

MicheleQ wrote:

OK, I did all that and set up a wish list at amazon and I still can't get my typepad settings to "configure" my amazon wish list???? I am also having trouble widgeting feedburner??? It doesn't click right back into typepad to select a blog to add the widget to, any suggestions "oh widgety ones"???

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 06 2006 at 10:37pm | IP Logged Quote Dawn

Meredith wrote:
OK, I did all that and set up a wish list at amazon and I still can't get my typepad settings to "configure" my amazon wish list????

It's all still a bit fuzzy to me (despite all the wonderful and clear advice here ) but when I registered to be an Amazon associate today I got a message it could take up to 3 days for them to approve me. Maybe the changes don't kick in till that approval?

Lissa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 07 2006 at 4:58am | IP Logged Quote Lissa

Meredith, did you set up an Associates account? That's different from an Amazon wishlist. You can ALSO enter your Wishlist info into your Typepad configurations, but it goes in a different place.

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 07 2006 at 10:45am | IP Logged Quote Meredith

MicheleQ wrote:
FYI Meredith your links are still coming up as sixapart. You might just need to republish...hopefully you don't need to redo all those links.

Well, I checked this morning and they are all set to my associates id so it looks like it worked

I see from Lissa's post that the wish list really has nothing todo with the associates thing, I don't really like the wish list thing, it's WAY too high maintenance for me

Thanks for all the assistance, I love the widgets too, just putting a few in to see how they work. Check out my new momblog poll, scroll sown to the bottom right side bar!!
Have fun!

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 07 2006 at 12:23pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

Meredith wrote:
Well, I checked this morning and they are all set to my associates id so it looks like it worked

Yep I saw that too!

Quote:
I see from Lissa's post that the wish list really has nothing todo with the associates thing, I don't really like the wish list thing, it's WAY too high maintenance for me

I don't get how it's high maintenance. I just entered my info and voila there it was - no maintenance at all!

God bless,

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 07 2006 at 1:35pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

Who knows, I'm just glad I didn't have to redo all my links Thanks for all the heads-up help!

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 11 2006 at 5:50pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

How hard is it to MOVE to another blogging site? Trying out for size, I don't want to commit money to a trial...but can you keep your original posts and move them over? I know many of you have moved multiple times; I'd love to hear your experience.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: April 11 2006 at 6:07pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

JennGM wrote:
How hard is it to MOVE to another blogging site? Trying out for size, I don't want to commit money to a trial...but can you keep your original posts and move them over? I know many of you have moved multiple times; I'd love to hear your experience.

I think typepad has a free trial...

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

Rebecca
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 11 2006 at 6:17pm | IP Logged Quote Rebecca

JennGM wrote:

Hi Jenn, I moved from Blogger to Typepad recently (with much of Lissa's patient help ). It is all laid out on the Typepad website but ,being the computer illiterate one in the family, I still had to have a bit of help (OK a LOT of help ).

The only snafu that I still haven't resolved is that apparently you cannot export comments that people leave for you when you export out of Blogger. A minor thing unless you are sentimental like me .
Back to Top View Rebecca's Profile Search for other posts by Rebecca

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: May 19 2006 at 7:57am | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

I'm trying to subscribe my dh to bloglines but the validation email has yet to come. Lissa, you mentioned that you and Scott are all mixed together. Is that because you can only have one sub per computer??

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

<< Prev Page of 3 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version