Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Prayer Journal Template Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
mamaslearning
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 18 2011 at 7:44am | IP Logged Quote mamaslearning

I found this template for a printable prayer journal. I like that you can modify it for our faith.

Back to Top View mamaslearning's Profile Search for other posts by mamaslearning

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 18 2011 at 8:15am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

That is very nice. I have to admit, I am not familiar with Prayer Journals.

What would a Catholic Prayer Journal look like?

Does anyone here keep one? What do you record?

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

mamaslearning
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 18 2011 at 10:28am | IP Logged Quote mamaslearning

I keep a regular journal and in it I sometimes write out prayers (my conversations with God), but I was looking for a place to keep a list of people, places, or events that I need to pray for daily. I tend to forget and wanted a simple reminder. This seems to fit what I was looking for, a record more than a journal.

Back to Top View mamaslearning's Profile Search for other posts by mamaslearning

stacykay
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 18 2011 at 10:43am | IP Logged Quote stacykay

I do keep a prayer journal, but mine is more of a "Faith Notebook."    I have different sections, one of which is my prayer journal. For that section, I keep a page for each member of our immediate family listing what I want to keep in mind when I pray for them. Anything they've requested prayer on goes here, too. Next, another page (or two or three)for intentions of non-immediate family. Then comes my journal. It really is just dated pages with my prayers (I find my focus can drift at times during prayer, and it helps me to keep that focus if I write what I am praying.) I take it to Adoration, also. If anything comes up then, I jot it down. At the back of the prayer section, I keep a couple of pages with prayer suggestions (ie. how-to's) from our priests or other sources I come across.

My other sections include Bible study (I'm in one at our parish, which is being led by Gary Michuta,) a Psalms section (since studying Middle Ages a few years back with ds, I have begun copying Psalms, ala my own adaptation of illuminated writing,) area Mass and confession schedules, and a simple list of the liturgical year and feast days.

I have 6 other separate notebooks for apologetics (I'm a convert, so I'm trying to keep up and to be able to give questioning friends and family- even after 27 years!-a solid and charitable reply,) Advent/Christmas, Lent/Easter, sacraments, family saint name and patron saints feast days, and the rest of the liturgical year.

Yikes...does that seem a little excessive?

In Christ,
Stacy in MI
Back to Top View stacykay's Profile Search for other posts by stacykay

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 18 2011 at 12:08pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Stacy,

Doesn't seem excessive if it works for you! I'm impressed! My jottings are everywhere, but not organized. Your way makes much more sense!

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

mamaslearning
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 18 2011 at 12:25pm | IP Logged Quote mamaslearning

Stacy,
That sounds like a good way to keep track of things, especially since you are a convert. I am also a convert (joined almost three years ago) and I'm always referring back to books and teachings that I've accumulated throughout these years.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version