Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Domestic Church
 4Real Forums : Domestic Church
Subject Topic: The Da Vinci Antidote Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Jen L.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 16 2006 at 10:45pm | IP Logged Quote Jen L.

Here is an interesting SECULAR look at the problems with the DaVinci Code at Salon online magazine

Back to Top View Jen L.'s Profile Search for other posts by Jen L.

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 17 2006 at 5:15am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Jen -- thanks for this link. I'm having my almost-17 yos do a paper about the Code and this will add quite a bit of fuel. It really is quite amazing that folks are "buying into" this rather odd book. As many have said, it's not well-written, well-documented or well-anything....and yet, that's the one that gets all the press!

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

Helen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 01 2006 at 11:22am | IP Logged Quote Helen

The Franciscans of the Immaculate have this on line symposium to help try to correct the errors of the book/movie.

Back to Top View Helen's Profile Search for other posts by Helen Visit Helen's Homepage

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 10 2006 at 4:03am | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

I had this posting originally in 'Fireside Chat' under the thread to do with DaVinci and the box office or something like that and I am just reading this thread and this is where it belongs! So I have removed it and popped it here instead. In fact I feel it ties up with one of Helen's threads:

helen wrote:
One of the reasons I began to post Mary Vitamin daily Marian meditation was the Da Vinci Code. I didn't read the book, but I saw a Catholic website which began to refute its errors. There are so many errors, misrepresentations, blasphemy, I thought that "one liners" weren't enough to combat this problem. I thought, this is a job for the Immaculate. She can teach people the proper reverence for Christ and His Church and teach them about purity. I offer this as a suggestion, turn this over to the Immaculate. Let her teach your family members. Give them an invite to something like Mary Vitamin or some other apostolate that brings the true Faith to them and let the Immaculate do the work. When you suggest something, offer the suggestion as a prayer that She will teach, She will conquer hearts for Her Son.

I was listening to Fr Corapi the other day and he was talking about the Cross. Why does God allow evil? So that he can draw greater good from it. I suppose he is telling us that we must be those docile instruments for God's grace to do exactly that - and so how heartening it is to see the great fight against this movie by both Catholic and christian alike in the form of books, talks & discussions, demonstrations etc. I am sure that there are alot out there praying too.

I will tell you a little example of this. A friend of mine was listening to a protestant radio station where they were having a discussion about the Da Vinci Code and the theological reasons why Jesus could not have married. This pastor said that it is not possible for God to so intimately joined to a sinful human being in marriage. Good point! Another dear friend asked the question, what is more intimate? The intimacy of marriage between two people or the intimacy of a mother carrying an unborn baby?

Well my immediate response was - mum and bubs! She then said how could protestants get it so right on that point of theology about Jesus marrying and not take it that step further to see that Mary HAD to be conceived immaculate? Do you think this an excellent way of looking at it?

So just think, to counteract the devil and his delight in this movie wouldn't it be great if Catholics could witness to other christian friends in using such a good example of the truth of the dogma of the Immaculate Conception that there protestant friends could so clearly understand - coming directly from the fact that this movie exists!(course, I would still prefer that it didn't)

Whilst I know Helen's quotes are far more in-depth and multi-faceted than this individual idea, but I do connect them together:

helen wrote:
Turn this over to the Immaculate....Let the Immaculate do the work....She will teach, She will conquer hearts for Her Son

I feel the thoughts of my friend are one such thing that The Immaculate One does teach us but especially our protestant friends in Christ if we were to discuss it with them!

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 10 2006 at 8:28am | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

aussieannie wrote:

Well my immediate response was - mum and bubs! She then said how could protestants get it so right on that point of theology about Jesus marrying and not take it that step further to see that Mary HAD to be conceived immaculate? Do you think this an excellent way of looking at it?

I agree that this is an excellent way of looking at it. One, in fact I had never really thought of before. Thanks!

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version