Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Living Learning
 4Real Forums : Living Learning
Subject Topic: Science/General Q's - Robinson Curriculum Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
saigemom
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 09 2010 at 10:51am | IP Logged Quote saigemom

Jen,

No problem    It really has been an informative thread.
Back to Top View saigemom's Profile Search for other posts by saigemom

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 09 2010 at 12:09pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

Cheryl wrote:
Thank you Molly for sharing your experience in this thread. I too am a relaxed homeschooler, who is not a teacher. I am attracted to the simplicity of fewer subjects in RC. I love the idea of CM, but my experience (for about six years) was that I would have it all planned out at the beginning of the school year, then when we were only doing some faith readings and the 3 R's, I would feel guilty.

Cheryl, I lived with that guilt, and the feeling of being scattered and behind for years. I love 4Real, but I often found myself trying to do what "everyone else" was doing and in the end, nothing really got done. When I accepted who I am and what works for my family, I found immense peace. I don't read every thread on every subject anymore. I am not tempted to find the best thing at the risk of losing the good that I have found.

Wishing you peace in your homeschooling. It makes such a difference!

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

Cheryl
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 10 2010 at 6:57am | IP Logged Quote Cheryl

teachingmyown wrote:
Wishing you peace in your homeschooling. It makes such a difference!

Thank you!

Back to Top View Cheryl's Profile Search for other posts by Cheryl Visit Cheryl's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version