Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Domestic Church
 4Real Forums : Domestic Church
Subject Topic: My Catholic Faith Delivered Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Susana
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 03 2010 at 9:20pm | IP Logged Quote Susana

Wow! Has anyone ever seen this? Faith and Life Online

I just got my textbooks, teachers, manuals, and activity books in the mail and then discovered this. I don't know if I would have decided to go this route instead, but I wonder...

I wonder if this is brand new? This blog post is from yesterday:
Ignatius Insight Scoop
Back to Top View Susana's Profile Search for other posts by Susana

dakotamidnight
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 03 2010 at 10:05pm | IP Logged Quote dakotamidnight

It's nice, but far too expensive for us - for just my DD plus teacher's for me would be around $100 a year.

Susana
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 03 2010 at 10:18pm | IP Logged Quote Susana

I think the videos from Steve Ray feature is cool, but overall the kids are excited about getting their books and I am too!
Back to Top View Susana's Profile Search for other posts by Susana

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: June 04 2010 at 12:22am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Yes, this does look intriguing.   I've not seen it before so assume it is new. The pricing definitely seems geared to classroom use. But since they do target homeschoolers as users as well, I wonder if they have options that make this workable for homeschoolers - like a teacher license covering multiple grades. I'm going to contact them to see if there are options.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

sunnyviewmom
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 08 2010 at 8:38am | IP Logged Quote sunnyviewmom

I was excited to see that they also have the Didache seies on My Catholic Faith Delivered. It's an interesting option. After looking at samples though, I think that DS and I would both enjoy the books more. Plus,you get to keep the book. I'm sure DS will refer back to it as he does this with history and science.(I'll still keep the option in mind as a possibility for the future, I suppose.)

I wish they would have a supplemental CD ROM available (like Apologia does). Then you could use the book and just watch small related segents on the computer to go with it.

Maybe this will reach some people that the textbooks would not reach. That would definitely be a good thing. I saw that they also offer TOB and others. I could see using TOB Online (Teens) in the future.

By the way, when I noticed that Intro. to Catholicism (first book of Didache series) did not appear to be available, I asked about it. Apparently, this book is being revised and will be out in the fall. I was just about to purchase it so now I don't know if I should wait.

Editing to add: They didn't know when they would have the online version of Into. to Catholicim available. The revised textbook should be out in the fall. I didn't want to confuse anyone on that.
Back to Top View sunnyviewmom's Profile Search for other posts by sunnyviewmom

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Aug 16 2010 at 1:31pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

I talked to the company today about the teacher license. They have actually changed the terminology now to "classroom display license" to make it clear that it would be for classroom use. As home educators we do not have to get that, so all you pay is the individual course price ($25 for Faith & Life, $45 for Didache) per student and it is complete - everything you need. We have decided we are going to go with it this year. At $25 for the Faith and life I don't think that is cost prohibitive at all to add as a supplement to the written materials - kind of like the CD rom version idea mentioned.   

sunnyviewmom wrote:
Editing to add: They didn't know when they would have the online version of Into. to Catholicim available. The revised textbook should be out in the fall. I didn't want to confuse anyone on that.

They said it would be available on-line in January. We are opting for the Scripture course for 9th grade instead and will just flip-flop those two for next year. At our local Catholic high school they do Old & New Testament in 9th grade anyway.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version