Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Planning and Ordering our Days
 4Real Forums : Planning and Ordering our Days
Subject Topic: Planning for little ones? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 17 2010 at 1:31pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

One of the best family habits we have developed is quiet alone time. It's more than just a nap time, although it can certainly include a nap, because the point is that each of us needs to learn how to be quiet and learn how to be alone. My babies stay with me and there is a gentle transition into alone time as they grow. For us it's a way to make sure that we're each getting some personal space, especially our introverts. It also sets a good example for children to see that mom stops and rejuvinates. I wrote briefly about it here and here. Currently, we still get quiet in the afternoon and each of us gets some alone time in between our full mornings and busy evenings. My teens insist on it .

Connected to this, is having a quiet still space. When I lived in a single-wide trailer, my quiet still space was a chair in a corner next to a dresser. Now my whole bedroom is my quiet still space. Yes, my boys still manage to run excitedly into my room playing and yelling, and yes I still remind them, "This is a quiet and still place." My boys oblige    .

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: May 17 2010 at 4:14pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

Angel wrote:
1. Most people do not plan for preschoolers... or at least not very much.

Ah guilty, and yet I know I need a better broad plan than I do. Not detailed but something rich and flexible to pick up if children are interested.

Mooreboyz wrote:
I pick a theme for each month for science, art, math (for 5 year old), practical life. I also pick out fun holidays over the month to celebrate with crafts, food, books, or games. ...... I have a good variety of sitting work and active play.

Jackie

I love it! and as Angela writes:
Angel wrote:
and they are ready to WORK and not just to be after-thoughts.
Very practical.

Angela

Wanted to share with you the Early Childhood Resources jammed packed with practical ideas and resources.

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: May 20 2010 at 10:03pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

Angela

I just wanted to thank you You inspired me to get a little organised and set up some activities with my ds3.10. I have just spent a morning with him (and ds20mths). I dusted off some of the Montessori activities and dragged out some puzzles etc. They just wanted more and more and totally amazed me with their abilities!!   Thanks

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 05 2010 at 6:40pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

I'm so excited! I just received the Spring 2010 Issue (Vol. 3, Number 2) of Mater Et Magistra magazine.

It's all geared toward planning for little ones. Just fabulous! I'm just starting to read, but it contains great articles by very familiar (and favorite) authors including our own Jen Mackintosh (MackFarm).

It's just what I need for a good shot in the arm for my planning.

Wonderful issue! Thanks Margot!

BTW, the link I gave above is to the page with all the goodies to download from past issues. Really wonderful!

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 08 2010 at 4:41pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

Well I'm back here reading for inspiration and organisation having made no progress since May.    Our new Term starts Monday and I am determined to make more deliberate choices for my younger set.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version