Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Domestic Church
 4Real Forums : Domestic Church
Subject Topic: What will 2010-2011 be year of? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Susana
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 08 2010 at 6:27pm | IP Logged Quote Susana

I'm just curious, does anyone know what the Pope will declare 2010-2011 year of, or is it a big surprise until he announces it?

Thanks!

dakotamidnight
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 08 2010 at 7:16pm | IP Logged Quote dakotamidnight

I have been wondering about this too - it seems like it should be announced soon right?

I am trying to work on lesson plans for the fall, so the sooner I find out the better.
Back to Top View dakotamidnight's Profile Search for other posts by dakotamidnight Visit dakotamidnight's Homepage

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: May 12 2010 at 11:08pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

As I recall it was in May each year - seems like later in the month. I'm very anxious to hear as well. It has been amazing experience for us the past two years especially to follow along and incorporate into our studies. This year was wonderful. It was much needed considering the media assault on priests this spring. Each year is seems to fit the need so well.

Shall we try guessing while we wait?

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: May 12 2010 at 11:47pm | IP Logged Quote guitarnan

I agree, it was such a blessing to pray for the priests who have given their lives in service to Our Lord and to His Church.

I can't guess...

I would love to see a year of 20th-century saints and blesseds, so we could all learn more about them, but I also believe a Year of Bishops (past and present) would be wonderful. So often we forget about the bishops' important role in our everyday lives...

Susana
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 13 2010 at 9:00am | IP Logged Quote Susana

The year for priests has been wonderful! I would love to see (I don't know if it's been done already to be quite honest), the year dedicated to the Mass, with a special emphasis on the traditions, prayers, music, etc.. of the extraordinary form. Pope Benedict has done wonderful things for the TLM, so it wouldn't surprise me too much!

Barbara C.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 13 2010 at 1:38pm | IP Logged Quote Barbara C.

I thought it was the Year of the Eucharist, unless that's only in my diocese. We've stopped the Prayer for Vocations at the end of each Mass and started saying the Anima Christi.

Mom to "spirited" dd(9), "spunky" dd (6), "sincere" dd (3), "sweet" dd (2), and baby girl #5 born 8/1/12!!
Box of Chocolates
Back to Top View Barbara C.'s Profile Search for other posts by Barbara C. Visit Barbara C.'s Homepage

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: May 13 2010 at 2:43pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Barbara, in doing some searching yesterday I found that declaration for your diocese - I do believe it is only yours doing that. JPII declared a year of the Eucharist in 2004 so I'm doubtful that will be it for the universal Church.

I've been searching and having a hard time finding the past years. There doesn't appear to be a compiled list of past Apostolic years. This is what I have pieced together though. I think after JPII died during the Year of the Eucharist (2004-05) that Pope Benedict didn't proclaim another one until the 2008 Pauline Year. The other thing is that the years don't coincide exactly. The JPII ones went from January to January or October to October. The years Pope Benedict declared have been June to June.

2009-10 Priest
2008-09 Pauline
2007-08
2006-07
2005-06

2004-05 Eucharist
2003-04
2002-03 Rosary
2001-02
2000-01 Jubilee
1999 God the Father
1998 Holy Spirit
1997 Jesus Christ

Can anyone else fill in the years?

Susana, I think the Mass is a great theme and does fit with this Holy Father. So maybe a Year of Liturgy? I was also wondering about the possibility of focus on Reconciliation.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: May 13 2010 at 3:07pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Mary, thanks for doing this. I was thinking along the same lines. I don't think every year has a special dedication, but we have had quite a few in the past decade. Here are the others I remember:

1994 Year of the Family

1987 Marian Year

1954 Marian Year

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 01 2010 at 11:24am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

I just saw that Evann put upan index of years on Homeschool Goodies.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: June 01 2010 at 11:49am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Glad to see I was correct in my assesment of years from 1997 on, which is what I had been searching for. She pretty much has what we compiled here - only two additional in earlier years. I'm wondering if there will be one this year or not. I'm starting to think, not. Both of last two were announced early I found (Jan. and Mar. of those years).

Our Domestic Church

CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 01 2010 at 12:05pm | IP Logged Quote CrunchyMom

I imagine that if there is one, they might be taking a break until the next appropriate starting feast day?

[URL=http://mysymphonygarden.blogspot.com/]Lost in the Cosmos[/UR
Back to Top View CrunchyMom's Profile Search for other posts by CrunchyMom

Mattie
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: June 28 2010 at 4:16pm | IP Logged Quote Mattie

ANy news yet on what the new year will be?

dakotamidnight
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 28 2010 at 5:16pm | IP Logged Quote dakotamidnight

I haven't heard anything yet.

What are everyone's plans if they don't declare anything for this year?

I'm thinking of picking a saint and making it the year of St. X {We'll put our favorites in a hat and pick} for our home.

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: June 28 2010 at 10:33pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

It's pretty clear there will not be one starting in June -as the last two have been. And, I'm suspecting there won't be one declared any time this year, which would be in keeping with past - not every year. Something every year might reduce the emphasis and special nature of a jubilee year. Though I'm personally disappointed since the past two years were so memorable.

I think I'm going to continue to focus the year on priests. Honestly there is so much I didn't get to that I had wanted to - and it's still a hard time for priests so figure they could use the focus and prayers continuing.

I do like the idea of a St. _______ Year, too!

Our Domestic Church

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 29 2010 at 8:09am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

MaryM wrote:
I think I'm going to continue to focus the year on priests. Honestly there is so much I didn't get to that I had wanted to - and it's still a hard time for priests so figure they could use the focus and prayers continuing.

I do like the idea of a St. _______ Year, too!

Ditto on the priests.

I was thinking if there's a big anniversary of a saint or event (like bicentennial, etc.) that could be a focus, or focusing on any upcoming canonizations.

I have read that John Paul II might be beatified this year, but since then it's been on again and off again. I often think I need to catch up on JPII.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version