Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Book Club
 4Real Forums : Book Club
Subject Topic: Three Cups of Tea Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
mamalove
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 24 2010 at 3:37pm | IP Logged Quote mamalove

This is a wonderful book about a man who builds schools for Muslim girls in Pakistan. Has anyone heard the "adapted for younger readers" version? The book itself was quite innapropriate for innocent ears in many places, so I am wondering if they did a good job at "adapting" it.

The man is not a chirstain, but God must ceritanly be giving him many graces toward a conversion if he is accepting them. One of his Heros was Bl. M. Theresa. He actually got to visit her after she had died, before the burial.
Back to Top View mamalove's Profile Search for other posts by mamalove

Barbara C.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 24 2010 at 8:25pm | IP Logged Quote Barbara C.

I really enjoyed this book as well, but I know nothing about the young readers version. Sorry.

Mom to "spirited" dd(9), "spunky" dd (6), "sincere" dd (3), "sweet" dd (2), and baby girl #5 born 8/1/12!!
Box of Chocolates
Back to Top View Barbara C.'s Profile Search for other posts by Barbara C. Visit Barbara C.'s Homepage

DianaC
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 19 2010 at 9:22am | IP Logged Quote DianaC

mamalove wrote:
   Has anyone heard the "adapted for younger readers" version? The book itself was quite innapropriate for innocent ears in many places, so I am wondering if they did a good job at "adapting" it.

Thank you for the warning. I have seen so many references made to this book and had planned to order it for my daughter to read. I think I'll wait a while now.
Back to Top View DianaC's Profile Search for other posts by DianaC

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version