Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Planning and Ordering our Days
 4Real Forums : Planning and Ordering our Days
Subject Topic: Labeling Spiral Bound Books Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 09 2010 at 2:11pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Here's my problem/hang-up: I don't know which books are which because the spiral bindings all look the same.

I know you can't put labels, but has anyone tried a way to differentiate their spiral bound books?

I was thinking of hanging little dog tags or something! But perhaps someone has been clever and I don't need to start from scratch?

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

dakotamidnight
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 09 2010 at 2:12pm | IP Logged Quote dakotamidnight

I'm watching - right now I just put them all together on a shelf and dig to find the one I need.
Back to Top View dakotamidnight's Profile Search for other posts by dakotamidnight Visit dakotamidnight's Homepage

CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 09 2010 at 2:15pm | IP Logged Quote CrunchyMom

Couldn't you print a label on your labelmaker and make a "tag"? You could either just peel off enough stick to loop around a wire onto itself or find some way to tie a tag on with something like a rubber band which would let you pull the tag out of the way when you want to open the book all the way back onto itself. So, you could loop a rubber band around a spiral loop, pull it through itself, and then use the blank part of the label to loop around the rubber band and stick back to itself.

[URL=http://mysymphonygarden.blogspot.com/]Lost in the Cosmos[/UR
Back to Top View CrunchyMom's Profile Search for other posts by CrunchyMom

KristinTX
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: April 10 2010 at 8:11am | IP Logged Quote KristinTX

I've done the dog tag method! I bought a package of Avery Key Tags at the office supply store. Mine came with 4 different colored round tags that you can write on and a split ring to attach to the spiral binding. It's not perfect but it's easier than pulling them all out!

Kristin
Back to Top View KristinTX's Profile Search for other posts by KristinTX

Patty
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 10 2010 at 8:31am | IP Logged Quote Patty

If you don't want to tag them all separately, you could make boxes, like magazine holders. You can buy them or make them from cereal boxes that you cover with contact paper. I suppose fabric would work as well. Then you could keep like books together...math, or religion, or whatever. Or, you could separate them by child if that makes it easier. I used to have a holder like that for each child's workbooks.
Back to Top View Patty's Profile Search for other posts by Patty

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 10 2010 at 1:11pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Great ideas, all! I was thinking using my labelmaker, but color coded would be better, so Kristin, that's a great idea.

Most of my spiral bound are my own books on my shelf for home education, but I like your idea, Patty, when I am sorting the boys' books.

Thanks.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

CathinCoffeland
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 14 2010 at 9:55pm | IP Logged Quote CathinCoffeland

we have a combo of boxes and a colored bead and a twist tie at the top of the spiral
frankly though i have to paw through piles
maggieannie

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version