Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: What's Your Word for 2010? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Taffy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 31 2009 at 8:59am | IP Logged Quote Taffy

What an interesting thread!

My word for 2010 will be PREPARE

I have been doing things at the last minute for far too long and it has been causing me a lot of grief lately.

Back to Top View Taffy's Profile Search for other posts by Taffy

Sarah
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 31 2009 at 9:32am | IP Logged Quote Sarah

JOY

I also want to [choose] JOY in everything. I am so quick to see the negative in everything. There is goodness there is if I choose to see it.

Thanks Cay! Great idea to bring it back again this year!

Back to Top View Sarah's Profile Search for other posts by Sarah

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 31 2009 at 9:49am | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

Mimip wrote:
I have been thinking and praying about this since I saw your original post and have struggled and struggled to find a word.

But I dont' think it should be a struggle to find a word. Should it? I completely understand the desire to have a word right now really I do. Tonight marks the beginning of a new year. But last year's thread wasn't even begun until after the new year had begun. Remember, God's time is not our time. As humans though we need this routine, these markings of time. Praying in Adoration is a good thing. But when the word comes to you it will come as a "whisper."

Mimip wrote:
...but now that I think about it I really like Servitude

This is the word I thought would be mine for 2010. And there is no reason I can't try to focus on that one as well. But, being such a weak, lowly human, I need a word that tugs my heart, pulls me back to reality, centers me...and the word "whispered" to me is "simplify."

mom to 5
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

CandaceC
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 31 2009 at 10:09am | IP Logged Quote CandaceC

Here is what I posted on my blog yesterday about my word!

ABIDE

“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing." John 15:5

abide

dwell

reside

stay

live in

These are all words that describe my prayer for 2010...my prayer that God would abide in me...live in me...dwell in me. Abide is my word of 2010.

Many thoughts come to my mind as I ponder the word "abide" and all that it means. I think about the desire that God live in me. I think about my part in abiding in Him.

A big, big theme that God has impressed upon my heart over the past few months is SIMPLICITY. In reading books like Not So Fast: Slow Down Solutions for Frenzied Families by Ann Kroeker, I am learning that when I am too busy or too "cluttered" and overwhelmed with life, that I am missing out on the most important things. I do not want to look back on my life and realize that I was too busy to worship. Too busy to pray. Too busy to serve. Too busy to love. Too busy to sit at His feet. I am learning that I have to say no to many, many "good things" in order to say YES to God.

I almost chose the word "simplicity." However, God is showing me that the reason He is asking me to simplify (my stuff, my time, my life) is so that I can ABIDE in Him and He in me. Simply beautiful.

Prayer...waiting on Him...meditating on Him and His Word. Time with Him. I have much to learn this year...this is just one way for me to focus my prayers, scripture study and thoughts. I'm sure God will show me things I've never imagined when thinking on the word "abide." My hope and prayer is that not only will I learn more, but that as days turn into weeks and weeks into months, His abiding in me will be second nature. He will have taken over so much of the yucky "me" that only His love and His light shines through. More of Him...less of me.

His Mercy Is New
Back to Top View CandaceC's Profile Search for other posts by CandaceC Visit CandaceC's Homepage

Jenny
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 31 2009 at 10:18am | IP Logged Quote Jenny

My word is TRUST. I just posted on my blog thoughts, fears considering my new word.

Trust

CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Dec 31 2009 at 10:25am | IP Logged Quote CrunchyMom

violingirl wrote:
Mine is PRESENCE, as in be present in the moment wherever I'm at instead of thinking about all the other things I "should" be doing. I need to be fully present, particularly with my kids and my husband. I've been better about it lately, but I need to keep telling myself that cleaning up, work stuff, etc. can wait- my family should not.

Well, I was just coming here to post this same thing, but I'll just quote you instead.

I was actually thinking of Present, and I'm afraid that in many ways, it is not the "work" that keeps me distracted but a more selfish tendency to become lost within myself and be distant, but I do think this needs to be my word!

[URL=http://mysymphonygarden.blogspot.com/]Lost in the Cosmos[/UR
Back to Top View CrunchyMom's Profile Search for other posts by CrunchyMom

KT75
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Dec 31 2009 at 10:43am | IP Logged Quote KT75

ACTION
Back to Top View KT75's Profile Search for other posts by KT75

robinhigh
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 31 2009 at 11:20am | IP Logged Quote robinhigh

Jenny wrote:
My word is TRUST. I just posted on my blog thoughts, fears considering my new word.

Trust

Mine too... what a beautiful post
Back to Top View robinhigh's Profile Search for other posts by robinhigh

donnalynn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 31 2009 at 11:42am | IP Logged Quote donnalynn

I am looking for a word that evokes a sense of getting things done in a timely manner.

Any suggestions?

Anything better than "timeliness"?

LeeAnn
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 31 2009 at 12:20pm | IP Logged Quote LeeAnn

donnalynn wrote:
I am looking for a word that evokes a sense of getting things done in a timely manner.

Any suggestions?

EXPEDITE

or

CHOP CHOP

That's what we always say to the kids! Can you imagine that in sparkly painted wooden letters on your mantle?

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Dec 31 2009 at 12:41pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

LeeAnn wrote:
CHOP CHOP

That's what we always say to the kids! Can you imagine that in sparkly painted wooden letters on your mantle?

ROTFL!!!!

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

amyable
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 31 2009 at 12:58pm | IP Logged Quote amyable

LeeAnn wrote:

CHOP CHOP

How about DILIGENCE? It's not *exactly* what you mean but it does have that feeling of working hard until you have completed your task...just not necessarily "quickly"

Back to Top View amyable's Profile Search for other posts by amyable

KT75
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Dec 31 2009 at 1:23pm | IP Logged Quote KT75

LeeAnn wrote:
[QUOTE=donnalynn] I am looking for a word that evokes a sense of getting things done in a timely manner.

Any suggestions?

EFFICIENT?????
Back to Top View KT75's Profile Search for other posts by KT75

LucyP
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 31 2009 at 2:01pm | IP Logged Quote LucyP

Mine is "Connection" - connection with God in all ways, connecting in different ways with my family, friends, parish and wider society. So hard for me to actually do this. so it will be a good year!
Back to Top View LucyP's Profile Search for other posts by LucyP

Sarah M
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 31 2009 at 3:31pm | IP Logged Quote Sarah M

LeeAnn wrote:
CHOP CHOP

Oh my goodness. I'm laughing out loud.
Back to Top View Sarah M's Profile Search for other posts by Sarah M

Nina Murphy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 31 2009 at 3:39pm | IP Logged Quote Nina Murphy

This is very very hard for me. There are so many I could choose. So I won't just yet.....

But I think it will be HOPE. It is always HOPE and I feel like I need to choose something "fresh" for myself, something more "exciting" to keep me on my toes! but since my main spiritual problem is still HOPE, I ought to probably choose it.

To those who posted that they are Sanguine and it would be ironic to choose Silence...I totally relate to you. Because with my Melancholic temperament, HOPE is the hardest thing for me. But that is why it is probably wise to choose it.

and 2 yet-to-be-met
Back to Top View Nina Murphy's Profile Search for other posts by Nina Murphy

Angel
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 31 2009 at 4:23pm | IP Logged Quote Angel

I'm not sure there's one word that ever gets me through a year, really, but I'm pretty sure this year will be a big year for TRUST... I mean, if the way it's beginning is any indication...

(And Theresa, just this morning I was thinking about you and all your moves and wondering how long you would be staying in Florida... I can only imagine all the conflicting emotions in making such a cross-country move again, even to somewhere you'd like to be!)

Back to Top View Angel's Profile Search for other posts by Angel Visit Angel's Homepage

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Dec 31 2009 at 4:57pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

Whenever I see this thread the word that comes to mind for me is MOURN. Sounds pretty sad huh?

But it's the promise in this

Quote:
Matthew 5:4 Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted

they will be comforted

So many today seem to feel like you can't be sad you can't mourn, you need to remember the dead in a happy way etc.. sorta pushing away the need to mourn.. which imo according to that promise also means they will lack being comforted.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

sewcrazy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 31 2009 at 5:28pm | IP Logged Quote sewcrazy

After much prayer and a long confession.... PEACE is my word.

I need to bring peace to my home, peace to my family, and peace to my heart.

Better home management to calm the CHAOS
Less arguing, less tension between family members
More acceptance of my life situation

Nina Murphy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 31 2009 at 5:40pm | IP Logged Quote Nina Murphy

JodieLyn wrote:
Whenever I see this thread the word that comes to mind for me is MOURN. Sounds pretty sad huh?

But it's the promise in this

Quote:
Matthew 5:4 Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted

they will be comforted

So many today seem to feel like you can't be sad you can't mourn, you need to remember the dead in a happy way etc.. sorta pushing away the need to mourn.. which imo according to that promise also means they will lack being comforted.

BRILLIANT!

and 2 yet-to-be-met
Back to Top View Nina Murphy's Profile Search for other posts by Nina Murphy

<< Prev Page of 5 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version