Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
We Pray to the Lord
 4Real Forums : We Pray to the Lord
Subject Topic: Prayer Bouquet - Colleen Emily Mary Ellen Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Nov 27 2009 at 4:31pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

To all the ladies of our 4Real community, you are each warmly invited to join in offering a spiritual bouquet for three of our members who have experienced the profound grief of losing a child recently ~ Emily Snow whose baby son, Matthew Karol was called to God on the 29th of July. Mary Ellen whose 14 year old son Ryan, was suddenly called to his heavenly home on the 14th of August and Colleen Mitchell who also experienced this pain unexpectedly as her baby, Bryce Philip, passed suddenly on the 1st of September.

I would also ask that we remember as well, all the ladies here who have lost precious children through a miscarriage or similar loss ~ God knows each and every pain and sorrow and we ask God to bless these mothers in a particular way as well.

What is a spiritual bouquet? It is the catholic custom of offering, 'a card indicating that the sender will undertake certain devotional acts on behalf of another person, as in honor of a special occasion or in memoriam.'    

We remind ourselves of the effectiveness of this age old tradition of praying for others:

Catechism of the Catholic Church #2635 wrote:
Since Abraham, intercession - asking on behalf of another - has been characteristic of a heart attuned to God's mercy. In the age of the Church, Christian intercession participates in Christ's, as an expression of the communion of saints. In intercession, he who prays looks "not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others,"

We have thought to start this bouquet on the feast of St Andrew, 30th November, and continuing through until Christmas Eve, as Christmas can be a particularly poignant time for deeper reflection upon that pain within a mother's heart, especially when we turn with our families to remember the Holy Family and realise that part of our family has already entered the Heavenly Homeland and we wait to be reunited.

We thought that since many here join in the great Christmas Novena that starts on the feast of St Andrew that to add these ladies into the intentions we offer through this beautiful and powerful novena prayer would be special gift. If for any reason a lady cannot join in this novena, any prayer or sacrifice offered during the Advent season would also be gratefully appreciated and treasured.

For all those who can join with us please show your loving solidarity by adding your post to this thread, with what ever individual good wishes and messages you wanted to add, they will be very welcome.

Below is the prayer and explanation of the novena:

Download images of the Novena prayer:
2009-11-25_170122_Christmas_Novena_Cards.pdf

The words that you can read above are particularly beautiful and the tradition is to recite the prayer 15 times daily. To make that a little easier to remember, placing copies of the prayer throughout the house as a visual reminder is often helpful, before long it becomes memorized. It is a prayer that continually raises our hearts and minds towards the night of Christmas Eve and so in each of those moments (375 of them during advent) we remember our friends here as well.

I believe there is a special moment of identification of a mother's pain in the novena words,

~"Hail and blessed ~ be the hour and moment ~ in which the Son of God ~

~ was born of the most pure Virgin Mary ~

at midnight ~ in Bethlehem ~ in the piercing cold."

As mothers who give life to our children, there can also be pain and sorrow. We reflect upon that sorrow that would have been Mary's in bringing forth her Divine Child into the harsh and cold realities of this world, with Our Lord passing from the warm comfort of her Immaculate womb into the freezing cold of that winter's night, but so too, into a world of many cold hearts, many cold spiritual realities. Yet we praise that moment; we stop and reflect in awe! That moment of suffering that becomes our salvation.

So we encourage you to join with us during this Advent season to offer this spiritual bouquet for the mothers on this forum who have lost children:

Colleen Mitchell and her baby Bryce Philip.

Little Bryce Philip's blessed presence was known to us very early in utero as we prayed for this precious baby to stay safe and well within Colleen's womb and by the grace of God, he did.

We were overjoyed at his joyous and anticipated arrival on the 26th of May and rejoiced further at him becoming a Child of God, clothed in the white and unspotted robe of Grace, on the feast of St Anne (26th of July) ~ Bryce was to never stain that glorious robe as he was suddenly called home to his Heavenly Father on the 1st of September.

Colleen and her family, whose hearts suffer grievously, rest in God's tender Mercy and we continue to pray that they will always experience that Hand of Mercy daily, until the Mitchell family are completely reunited again in God's eternal embrace.

~o0o~

Emily Snow and her baby Matthew Karol.

In January this year Emily shared something sweet and beautiful that told us that she was expecting another little snowbaby!

Sadly in the middle of April it was discovered that this tiny little baby was facing a serious battle ahead ~ a heart defect that had dire consequences ~ this little boy, Matthew Karol, a gift from the Lord, named in honor of the late Holy Father, Pope John Paul II, was going to need many prayers, through the intercession of his holy namesake.

Little Matthew Karol came early in the wee hours of the 27th of July which was also his baptismal day. Matthew's struggles were enormous and late on the 29th of July, after receiving the anointing of the sick, this pure and blessed baby, made his way into everlasting glory.

Emily's Fiat was a most moving testament to a mother's complete faith in God and His Mercy. So today, I ask you to read Emily's hymn of trust in her Cruicified Lord, a trust that can lead us in only one direction, to God's Glory and His Beatific Face. Please continue to pray for Emily as she continues to walk that healing journey in God's grace.

~o0o~

Mary Ellen Barrett and her son Ryan.

On the feast of St Maxmillian Kolbe this year (14th August) we were profoundly shocked by news that Mary Ellen's oldest son Ryan, had gone missing in the Catskills while on a father and son camping trip. We prayed fervently for Ryan, Mary Ellen and the family, but the heartbreaking news came later that day that Ryan had passed away.

Ryan Barrett had wanted to become a priest but the Heavenly Father had other plans for this special boy, taking him to Himself in the Year of the Priest.

Mary Ellen and her family cling to the Cross of Christ amidst all of their grief, knowing that through suffering comes God's triumph. We pray that they continue to feel this blessed boy's presence in their lives until they hold each other again where every tear is wiped away.

~o0o~

For Mothers, who hold their children within their hearts.

Finally, we bring to you all mothers who have ushered children heavenward. While we have been privileged to pray for many of these mothers and beg their special saints' intercession, we know that some have kept this suffering private, to ponder within their own heart.

Standing at the Foot of the Cross and offering a child back to the Heavenly Father is a suffering full of great mystery and grace. Of unspeakable comfort are the great riches our faith offers in this suffering, most notably, the assistance and company of Our Lady, whose heart knows with immeasurable depth the pain of standing at the Foot of the Cross and offering back - Fiat. Her Fiat gives us strength to make our own in this suffering.

Time moves forward after this pain, but the mystery of that moment and the love for that child is always present to the mother's heart. This hidden pain and treasure can be especially poignant around anniversaries and holidays.

Join us in offering for all mothers who have ushered children to the Heavenly Banquet and mourn within their hearts.

~o0o~

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 27 2009 at 4:38pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Colleen, Emily and Mary Ellen, you will be in my thoughts and prayers especially throughout Advent as our family prepares for the coming of the Christ Child, through this beautiful novena prayer. May grant you each of you and your families, a Christmas full of grace and blessings.

I also will be remembering all the mums here who have lost children. There are some that I know of and are close to my heart, especially remembering my dear friend Chemai and her son Jonathan as well as Maddie and her little girl lost 20 years ago this Christmas.

I am also asking the Christ Child to bless all the ladies here that carry a child or children in their hearts quietly, privately, may God shower abundant graces upon you all in this Christmas season.

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

KC in TX
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 27 2009 at 7:47pm | IP Logged Quote KC in TX

That's beautiful.

Emily, Colleen and Mary Ellen, you will be in my prayers throughout this season. May God grant you a measure of peace. Much love to you all.

Michaela ('01)
Emma ('03)
Jordan ('05)
And, my 2 angels, Rose ('08) and Mark ('09)

The Cabbage Patch
Back to Top View KC in TX's Profile Search for other posts by KC in TX

Bridget
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 27 2009 at 7:54pm | IP Logged Quote Bridget

This is incredibly beautiful. I know these women are dear to all of us. Hopefully our prayers will help them, and their families, through the first Christmas without their sweet children.

Prayers for all the moms who suffered loss.

Back to Top View Bridget's Profile Search for other posts by Bridget Visit Bridget's Homepage

jdostalik
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 27 2009 at 9:05pm | IP Logged Quote jdostalik

I am so happy to be able to pray for these beautiful families--what a lovely idea and a tangible way to offer our prayers for their comfort this Advent.

Let the Little Ones Come

Back to Top View jdostalik's Profile Search for other posts by jdostalik Visit jdostalik's Homepage

LucyP
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 28 2009 at 8:19am | IP Logged Quote LucyP

The Barret, Snow and Mitchell families will be in our prayer intentions for our rosaries this advent, as will all those who have children waiting for them in heaven.
Back to Top View LucyP's Profile Search for other posts by LucyP

Paula in MN
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 28 2009 at 8:55am | IP Logged Quote Paula in MN

I, too, am happy and honored to be able to pray for all of these beautiful women, their families and their heavenly children.

Mimip
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 28 2009 at 9:10am | IP Logged Quote Mimip

To the Snow, Barrett and Mitchell families,

During this Advent and Christmas season, it is an honor and pleasure to join your families and your intentions in our prayers. I will especially be praying for you all during my Adoration times.

May the Lord bless you in his "Tender Mercy", a phrase that has been dear to my heart since Colleen used it in her original post.

May you all have a peace that comes from our Lord.

Back to Top View Mimip's Profile Search for other posts by Mimip

Mary K
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 28 2009 at 2:22pm | IP Logged Quote Mary K

Dear Snow, Barrett and Mitchell families,
It will be an honor to pray for you during this ho;ly season of Advent Charistmas.
May the dear Lord shower your families with His love.
Mary-NY
Back to Top View Mary K's Profile Search for other posts by Mary K

Nina Murphy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 28 2009 at 6:27pm | IP Logged Quote Nina Murphy

Dearest Mothers: dearest families Snow, Barrett, Mitchell......

Your heroic witness of Faith and Love has inspired, strengthened and moved me profoundly this year. I am thankful to God for you. You are truly the chosen ones, suffering in these terrible days, for the vast unseen sins of the whole world, in union with Christ, because: YOU WILL. You say "yes" to His asking you to bear this when so many would turn away......become embittered and hardened, or hate Him for it. You are the lights shining in the darkness. Thank you for giving us your children saints.

I pray for your families and you, dear mothers especially,
XXOOXOXOOXOX

and 2 yet-to-be-met
Back to Top View Nina Murphy's Profile Search for other posts by Nina Murphy

Nina Murphy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 28 2009 at 6:27pm | IP Logged Quote Nina Murphy

aussieannie wrote:
Colleen, Emily and Mary Ellen, you will be in my thoughts and prayers especially throughout Advent as our family prepares for the coming of the Christ Child, through this beautiful novena prayer. May grant you each of you and your families, a Christmas full of grace and blessings.

I also will be remembering all the mums here who have lost children. There are some that I know of and are close to my heart, especially remembering my dear friend Chemai and her son Jonathan as well as Maddie and her little girl lost 20 years ago this Christmas.

I am also asking the Christ Child to bless all the ladies here that carry a child or children in their hearts quietly, privately, may God shower abundant graces upon you all in this Christmas season.

Anne, all I can say is you are amazing and this is so so beautiful and I want to print it out. THANK YOU.

and 2 yet-to-be-met
Back to Top View Nina Murphy's Profile Search for other posts by Nina Murphy

Nique
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 29 2009 at 11:44pm | IP Logged Quote Nique

Thank you Anne for this beautiful idea ~ joining my prayers and sacrifices for the Special Intentions of these 3 lovely families, and all those who have suffered along with them

Back to Top View Nique's Profile Search for other posts by Nique

Carole N.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 30 2009 at 3:05am | IP Logged Quote Carole N.

Praying for Colleen, Emily, and Mary Ellen and their families during this novena.

Ruth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 30 2009 at 8:22am | IP Logged Quote Ruth

This is incredibly beautiful, Anne!

Dear Emily, Mary Ellen and Colleen, you have been in my prayers and I will continue to offer many prayers and sacrifices for your families. I am so sorry for your losses and you will always be in my heart.

mom to 7 miracles

My family blog

Loreto Rosaries
Back to Top View Ruth's Profile Search for other posts by Ruth Visit Ruth's Homepage

SusanJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 30 2009 at 2:22pm | IP Logged Quote SusanJ

Barrett, Mitchell, and Snow families--you will be remembered in my rosary intentions throughout Advent and Christmas this year.

Back to Top View SusanJ's Profile Search for other posts by SusanJ Visit SusanJ's Homepage

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 30 2009 at 6:46pm | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

This is so beautiful and thoughtful Anne.

I will be praying for these sorrowing families through Advent and the Christmas season.

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

ALmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 30 2009 at 7:33pm | IP Logged Quote ALmom

Praying for Emily, Mary Ellen and Colleen and all the moms here who have suffered the loss of a child at whatever stage. I am afraid to promise the full Novena - but am trying, but definitely will take you before the Blessed Sacrament every Saturday morning. I'll post later if I manage to be successful with the Christmas novena - but whatever part of it we manage to accomplish here, you will be in that intention as well.

Janet
Back to Top View ALmom's Profile Search for other posts by ALmom

LisaR
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 30 2009 at 10:14pm | IP Logged Quote LisaR

our family is praying the novena for these three families! we remember you often as we go throughout our days and I offer up my small sufferings for your pain.
Much Love, and thank you Anne so much for this beautiful bouquet!
love,

Paul 14
Thomas 11
Dominic 8
Maria Gianna 5
Isaac Vincent 9/21/10! and...
many little saints in heaven!
Back to Top View LisaR's Profile Search for other posts by LisaR

ladybugs
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 30 2009 at 10:21pm | IP Logged Quote ladybugs

Our family is praying, too!

And for all of the intentions of the board.

God bless you dear ladies!

My etsy store - all proceeds go to help my fencing daughters!
Back to Top View ladybugs's Profile Search for other posts by ladybugs Visit ladybugs's Homepage

StephG
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 01 2009 at 6:30am | IP Logged Quote StephG

We'll be praying for all of these intentions throughout the Advent and Christmas seasons. May God shine very special light on each and every one of you who may be bearing this burden during this, and any time.

Patiently waiting to meet 9 more who have already gone home.
Back to Top View StephG's Profile Search for other posts by StephG

Page of 3 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version