Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: natural baby shampoo? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Maddie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Oct 23 2009 at 9:10pm | IP Logged Quote Maddie

Would you please share your favorite natural baby shampoo? I have been using Dr. Bronners but I would like to try something else. Our coop carries a few but the bottles are teeny tiny and I need baby shampoo for 4 little ones.

I would like something with a pleasant scent if possible. Do you order it online or can I find it on the shelf somewhere?

Thanks!!

CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 24 2009 at 7:21am | IP Logged Quote CrunchyMom

I think that Burt's Bees baby shampoo bar makes them smell like chrism. I haven't had one in a couple of years, but boy, I remember loving that they could still have that smell for months after their baptism

[URL=http://mysymphonygarden.blogspot.com/]Lost in the Cosmos[/UR
Back to Top View CrunchyMom's Profile Search for other posts by CrunchyMom

JennyM
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Oct 24 2009 at 9:32am | IP Logged Quote JennyM

We have enjoyed the Nature's Baby Organics products. We have stores such as Sunflower or Sprouts Farmer's Markets that sell them (I think Whole Foods does as well). Here is the link: naturesbabyproducts   (Maybe.. not sure if it's working )

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 24 2009 at 11:27am | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

I used California Baby for a few years. I like that I can get a big container of it and it leaves the baby clean and soft. But... I couldn't get over the smell, or really, the lack of smell. My first few kids were Baby Magic kids and I loved that scent and identified it with a clean baby. California Baby doesn't have that baby smell. I guess they just smell clean but not sweet!

Now I have Burt's Bees and Nature's Baby Organics. Burt's Bees is closer to California Baby. I can't even think what the scent is, so it must be pretty neutral. The Nature's Baby has a vanilla/orange scent, think Creamsicle. It is really nice. Not sickenly sweet like the mainstream fruit scented ones. It is thicker though and doesn't clean the long hair as well. I like the conditioner for the girls' hair, though.

So, my vote: wash with Burt's Bees if you have girls and condition/detangle with nature's Baby. My little guy usually gets the Nature's Baby.

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 24 2009 at 7:49pm | IP Logged Quote Chari

my absolute favorite has always been from Healthy Times

I think there is another, longer thread on this topic...

florasita
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 26 2009 at 11:10am | IP Logged Quote florasita

I love the Weleda baby products very much . I buy a baby goat milk shampoo for myself now for my ecsema and it is really nice but we are in Canada I don't think it is sold in the states .

May I rise & rest with words of Gratitude on my Breath
May I have the Heart & Mind of a Child in my Depth
May I forever remember to be a Light
May Peace Love & Hope be My Sight
Back to Top View florasita's Profile Search for other posts by florasita Visit florasita's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version