Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
 4Real Forums : Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
Subject Topic: pumpkin recipes? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Fuzzy
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 26 2009 at 4:51pm | IP Logged Quote Fuzzy

I always enjoy this one!

Spiced Pumpkin Pie Spread
The Pampered Chef® Season’s Best, Fall/Winter 2004
¼ cup pecan halves, coarsely chopped
4 oz reduced fat cream cheese (Neufchatel)
1 can (15 oz) solid pack pumpkin
½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or Cinnamon Plus)
¾ cup miniature marshmallows
2 red or green apples, wedged

1.     Preheat oven to 350. Coarsely chop pecans. In a bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth, add pumpkin, brown sugar, and spice blend. Mix well. Spoon mixture into small oval baker. Top with marshmallows and pecans.
2.     Bake 12-15 minutes or until marshmallows are light golden brown. Wedge apples, and use to dip in the spread, or Cinnamon pastry wedges (recipe follows).

Cinnamon Pastry Wedges
The Pampered Chef® Season’s Best, Fall/Winter 2004
2 tbsp sugar
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 refrigerated pie crust (from 15 oz package, softened as directed)
1.     Preheat oven to 400. In small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Unfold crust onto lightly floured Large round stone, using rolling pin to make a 12 inch circle. Sprinkle with mixture. Cut into 16 wedges using pizza cutter. Do not separate. Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Remove from oven, cool completely.

Back to Top View Fuzzy's Profile Search for other posts by Fuzzy Visit Fuzzy's Homepage

folklaur
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 26 2009 at 5:12pm | IP Logged Quote folklaur

these recipes are awesome!!!!

thank you so much for sharing!

Back to Top View folklaur's Profile Search for other posts by folklaur

asplendidtime
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 29 2009 at 3:28pm | IP Logged Quote asplendidtime

I am thrilled to have these recipes, thanks so much for sharing. Dh hates pumpkin pie, but loves cheesecake.   

Mary 14,
Tim 13,
Jonah 12,
Josh 10,
Zoe 9,
Will 7,
Peter 6,
Laura-Mae 4,
Emily-Joy 2,
Genevieve & Gabriella 1
Back to Top View asplendidtime's Profile Search for other posts by asplendidtime Visit asplendidtime's Homepage

anniemm
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Sept 29 2009 at 7:09pm | IP Logged Quote anniemm

I've been making this pumpkin apple muffin recipe a lot lately because we have a huge crop of apples from our apple trees. (I actually just wrote about them on my blog!) I make them with whole wheat flour, apple sauce subbed for oil, don't peel the apples, and skip the topping. I also reduce the sugar by quite a bit. My family loves them and I have stocked the freezer with them.
Also, I always buy a ton of canned pumpkin when it's out for the season because when I want it can never seem to find it! I don't have time for making it myself, nor do I think it would be cost effective - for some reason pumpkins are expensive around my parts!
I am really looking forward to trying out some of these pumpkin/chocolate combos!

Mama to four little girls (04), (05), (07), (09),& my 1st little guy 11/11
www.hiswillmypeace.com
Back to Top View anniemm's Profile Search for other posts by anniemm Visit anniemm's Homepage

Mary's daughter
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Sept 30 2009 at 7:03am | IP Logged Quote Mary's daughter

Does anyone have a pumpkin scone recipe?

Stephanie
Back to Top View Mary's daughter's Profile Search for other posts by Mary's daughter

JenPre
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Sept 30 2009 at 7:56am | IP Logged Quote JenPre

Mary's daughter wrote:
Does anyone have a pumpkin scone recipe?

Stephanie

Roxy asked about pumpkin scones earlier in this thread and it looks like she got a few good suggestions!!

Maria in WI
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Sept 30 2009 at 3:33pm | IP Logged Quote Maria in WI

Wow- so many mouth-watering recipes!!

I made pumpkin muffins from Danielle Bean's website the other day, and they were excellent.
Back to Top View Maria in WI's Profile Search for other posts by Maria in WI

Mary's daughter
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Oct 01 2009 at 4:23pm | IP Logged Quote Mary's daughter

Thanks for the link, Jen. The pumpkin scone recipe from starbuck's was just what I was looking for. YUM!

Stephanie
Back to Top View Mary's daughter's Profile Search for other posts by Mary's daughter

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Sept 01 2010 at 12:01pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

It's that time of year! Bumping in eager anticipation...

We just made a yummy pumpkin smoothie with leftover canned pumpkin. We had used the other pumpkin to add to oatmeal and pasta sauce.

I'm ready for 100+ temperatures to move on. I'm pretty convinced that eating pumpkin will push summer out and bring autumn in .

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Sept 01 2010 at 1:03pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Can anyone even find canned pumpkin yet!!!!??????

All year I have still struggled to find any store carrying canned pumpkin because of the poor crop last year. Only two stores out of about 8 I frequent have had any all year - and it's only an oraginic brand - very spendy. I am so hopeful the crop is better this year and we are back to a regular supply.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 01 2010 at 1:10pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

forget if anyone mentioned it in this thread already but..

winter squash is one of the few foods high in omega 3's.. so this is really good for you

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 01 2010 at 2:03pm | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

MaryM wrote:
Can anyone even find canned pumpkin yet!!!!??????

All year I have still struggled to find any store carrying canned pumpkin because of the poor crop last year. Only two stores out of about 8 I frequent have had any all year - and it's only an oraginic brand - very spendy. I am so hopeful the crop is better this year and we are back to a regular supply.

Ditto, Ditto,Ditto!!!!! We make pumpkin things all year.....I have looked high and low and can’t find any....none....nada....I haven’t looked in a few weeks, now, so I am hoping to find some soon.

Totally off topic, but I have to share my best news of the week.....An ALDI’S is going in right next to Cosco’s......how convenient...I can not believe it!!!!! The reason I bring up Aldi’s is because they always have a ton of pumpkin in the Fall, it is usually $.79 a can, and I buy tons...this year, I will be buying a few cases!!!!

Lara Sauer
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 01 2010 at 2:49pm | IP Logged Quote Lara Sauer

In case you are looking for something with a more savory edge, here is a soup that I made up last year.

It is quite tasty, if I do say so myself!

I am looking forward to making it again this fall!

Pumpkin Soup with Roasted Potatoes and Herbs

From the kitchen of Sara Beatty

2 medium-sized onions, Finely Chopped
5 cloves of garlic, Finely Chopped
Olive Oil (for sauteeing)
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
Dried Marjoram (to taste)
Dried Thyme (to taste)
2 t Dried Rosemary Needles
6-8 cups Pureed Pumpkin (fresh is best!)
2 Maggi (or 4 Weyler) Chicken Bouillion Cubes or homemade chicken stock (heavily concentrated)
1 c Water
Potatoes (1 per person), diced into 1/2" cubes.
1½ c milk (or cream if you are not watching calories!)

Sauté onions in 2-3T Olive Oil in bottom of soup pan. When brown toss in the garlic and brown slightly. Salt and Pepper to taste.

Add Dried Marjoram, Dried Thyme, and 2t Dried Rosemary Needles, sauté until you smell the rosemary and other herbs (release the oils).

Place herb mixture in a large stock pot.   Add pureed pumpkin.

Dissolve Chicken Bouillion Cubes in the water. Add to soup mix. (Or add concentrated chicken stock)

Simmer for an hour

Sauté potatoes with olive oil until they are crunchy and brown, salt and pepper generously

Stir potatoes in and taste soup to test flavor. Add more seasoning, as desired.

Add milk right before you serve.

Mary's daughter
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Sept 01 2010 at 5:51pm | IP Logged Quote Mary's daughter

I was just at Kroger looking for pumpkin and couldn't find it. One of the stock boys told me there had been a huge recall and they haven't been able to get it for months. I have not researched it yet to see if this is true. If I find something, I will let everyone know. I so want pumpkin scones!

Stephanie

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Sept 02 2010 at 1:21am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Mary's daughter wrote:
I was just at Kroger looking for pumpkin and couldn't find it. One of the stock boys told me there had been a huge recall and they haven't been able to get it for months. I have not researched it yet to see if this is true. If I find something, I will let everyone know. I so want pumpkin scones!

Stephanie

There is no pumpkin recall - just the shortage. It's been almost a year. I did google to double check and earlier in the summer there was a pumpkin butter/sweet potato butter recall - that's it.

I mentioned in the egg recall thread that the two sales clerks I talked to trying to return my recalled eggs, didn't know there was an egg recall. Thinking there is a recall when there isn't, not knowing there is one when it's true - really makes me think many grocery works are actually pretty clueless about any of this.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version