Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Domestic Church
 4Real Forums : Domestic Church
Subject Topic: Angry Priest Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
tissuebox
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 27 2009 at 8:34pm | IP Logged Quote tissuebox

I agree with everything that Red Cardigan and StellaMaris has said. I would write letters to the Bishop as well as the Order Provincial.
Our family will be praying for you and your priest.
Back to Top View tissuebox's Profile Search for other posts by tissuebox

guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 27 2009 at 9:27pm | IP Logged Quote guitarnan

Adding extra prayers now that I know you live in my home diocese. I will pray, too, for your bishop - reading your letter will not be easy for him.

Carole N.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 28 2009 at 3:06am | IP Logged Quote Carole N.

I will pray for this priest and for your family. This has to be very difficult for you and your dh in dealing with this situation and how it will affect your family.

stacykay
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 31 2009 at 7:05pm | IP Logged Quote stacykay

I missed this discussion and am jumping in late, here, but one other thing that would concern me would be the impression this priest is setting in the mind of every child who witnesses his behavior (not to mention any potential converts visiting the parish or lukewarm Catholics, for that matter.)

I would definitely tell my children that this priest needs prayer, and do it daily, but at the same time, I think children need to interact with/see/hear/experience the blessings of a loving and holy priest, whose behavior is a witness and example for them and all who attend the parish. Having boys, I am so happy we have some incredible priests that could instill that seed of desire for a vocation.

I will add your priest to my prayers, along with discernment for you and your dh.

God Bless,
Stacy in MI
Back to Top View stacykay's Profile Search for other posts by stacykay

ladybugs
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 01 2009 at 9:46am | IP Logged Quote ladybugs

Could you or your husband take the priest out to dinner? Maybe he is in a lot of emotional pain and is very lonely?

My etsy store - all proceeds go to help my fencing daughters!
Back to Top View ladybugs's Profile Search for other posts by ladybugs Visit ladybugs's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version